SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gods Love unconditional???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Misunderstanding

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Your statement:
"Even Legion was not considered unsavable", can only have one conclusion in my mind. I am assuming now that you meant the man who was possessed with Legion. But when Jesus asked the devil (not the man) his name, the devil said that his name was "legion" because there was more than the one (probably the leader) in the man. So I thought you were saying that the devils could be saved. See that now?

Whew. You had me worried. And really surprised. It was hard to believe that you really thought that given our previous discussions. :-P

I also see your point on your definition of "children of the devil." And yes, children of the devil can become children of God. I didn't think I implied that. But maybe I did. I would have to go look.

Well good to have that cleared up.

Blessings,

RT

2005/5/15 3:55Profile

Re: God's love unconditional??? re RT

Hi RT,

Yes, I'm glad we have too. It is good that you understand the man could be delivered from the Legion of devils, but I was not wrong in saying the [i]man's[/i] name was Legion. Read it again.

In fact, this teaches us something about how a person's identity can be hijacked by other spirits, which have the individual's spirit in total bondage to them. This is part of the gospel, to help a person see that even without the devils, their human identity will only be acceptable to God, through faith in His Son.

What I love about the New Testament, is the way Jesus and the disciples went round delivering from demons and healing the sick, without laying any other burden on them - to believe, to follow or to be committed. This is highlighted when He has been speaking about being the Bread of Life and everyone goes away and He says to the disciples, will you also; when Peter makes his famous declaration about words of eternal life.

Is the church offering this kind if unconditional love to the world?

2005/5/15 11:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy