SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Commander of the Lord's Army

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

It's not great Oracio, it is supernatural and grounded and founded in love. Why would we have to be technical Oracio? Cannot our words simply reflect the truth of our hearts and when we disagree can we simply not disagree? The reason I hate labels is because I believe it is a tool of the enemy. All of the names of the pilgrim churches down through the ages were coined by their enemies. You give something a name it is the beginning of division. There should be one name that we are known by and that is the name of Jesus, everything else is sophestry and the king of sophestry is the devil, the master of division. God bless you Oracio and if we disagree then let us agree to disagree and not strive to be right, rather let us humble ourselves to the possibility that we could be wrong and walk in love and unity with people we know to be our brothers and sisters. You see, if we agree that we are brothers and sisters in Christ and if we have spoken our piece, then anything beyond that tends to be vanity. Let us flee from that storm and remain within the safe harbor of love and unity in Christ our Lord........bro Frank

2015/11/19 12:51
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: to appolus

Appreciate your heart behind your last post brother; though we'll have to respectfully disagree regarding the appropriateness or inappropriateness, or effectiveness or ineffectiveness of using certain labels to explain our doctrinal positions.

I do want to re-post and highlight this portion of your previous post as I believe it is spot on, and that we'd all do well to heed it:

Quote:
What I refuse to do is judge another brother in these issues. I believe all of the above issues are non-essentials to salvation and eternal life and that the king of all sophistry makes a great deal of hay out of all of those issues and he does so with a great big smile. The time is short, the days are dark, the Bride is coming soon. ( good opening line for a poem) Christ will prepare His bride for His coming. He will forge them together in the fires of affliction and the murcky waters of persecution. Yet praise God, even in this He is with us in the fires and through the waters. We shall not be consumed nor overcome because of the one that we love who will have His way, His words will come to pass, He will have the rewards of His sufferings................bro Frank

2015/11/19 17:38Profile

Re:

Thanks Oracio, I love respectfully disagreeing. Imgagine if all those who called themselves by the name of Jesus in the last 1700 years had respectfully disagreed, literally millions of saints would never have had to die a martyrs death.

I do understand what you are saying about labels and understanding the issues, I just say that they have caused way too much damage and division.

I would like to confess something, for almost 20 years of my 25 years as a Christian, I strove to understand labels, not just so I could understand the Bible better and love more people better, but so I could better them in any argument. I am still not totally free of it, God forgive me and help me. Going into Bible College a guy I had got to know well, a good brother in Christ who was just finishing up school, took me aside and warned me. He told me that a man could lose his faith in a place like this, stay close to Jesus and keep it simple. I will always remember those words, not that I heeded them at the time. That was fifteen years ago..........bro Frank

2015/11/19 17:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy