SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is It UnChristian To Not Want Syrian Refugees?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

There is a great need today (as always) to be led by the Holy Spirit in all of our dealings with people. We should not be led by emotions or guilted by others to take certain actions or allow ourselves to be divided. In all things, Jesus Christ must always be the central, unifying factor. We are not to be led by the world's "morality". The Lord's voice is the only voice that is reliable. If we are led by the Spirit, then ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD (Rom 8:14). In all of this we must keep ourselves in the love of God and not judge other brethren if the Lord is leading us or them differently.

If God is in control of our lives and we are walking in faith believing that He is ordering our steps, then what do we have to be worried and fearful about? If we are consumed with fear, our actions will be regulated by this fear and not regulated by the peace of God and the Holy Spirit. If we are not walking in love and in the peace of God, we will not be a testimony to anyone. What kind of testimony of faith is walking around in fear, everyday?

There is a great testing coming and we will be tested as to whether we will trust in the arm of the flesh, (politics, government, our own "ingenuity") or the Spirit of God.

We don't want to be foolish, but we also don't want to ignore the voice of the Lord. Being led by the flesh and by the Holy Spirit can be difficult to discern sometimes and that is why prayer and fellowship with the Lord is always so essential.

2015/11/19 12:06

Re:

Saints let us realize that our citizenship ultimately is in heaven. The scriptures tell us that we are soljournors and aliens. We are ambassadors for the Lord Jesus Christ. He has commissioned us to go and to preach the gospel and to make disciples of all nations. Even when the nations come to us. That mandate still applies to us. Are concern should be to win the lost. Not to save the Republic.

In reaching the lost we could very well lose our lives. Whether we are on the foreign mission field. Or whether we are on this mission field in America. We can lose our lives.

Recently a young pastor lost his beloved wife due to a home invasion. This grievous crime was committed here in America. It was committed in the town of Indianapolis Indiana. The person who invaded the home was not a jihadist. But surveillance cameras showed him to be a short, young, black mail. Probably looking for drug money. I share this to show that we can lose our lives in a home invasion, perhaps being run down by a car or even being beheaded by a jihadist. So even if we kept the Syrians out. We could still lose our lives in other ways. Ultimately it is God who is our protector.

My thoughts.

2015/11/19 12:18
brothagary

Re:

No one wants touch ok the verses John wrote ........hmmmm

2015/11/19 14:24Profile

Re:

Gary are those the verses where Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world?

2015/11/19 14:27
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
The great, near term danger of soft target terrorism may pale in comparison to the permanent danger of a seared conscience, and folks that's where we are.

Good point! We're more concerned about how "they" might harm us than how we might harm them. We can indeed harm them through our seared collective conscience: Our shallow Christianity may drive them away from Christ. Consider the culture they enter into: licentiousness, narcissism, materialism ... Will their Americanized offspring suffer the same resulting outcomes we see: meaninglessness, isolation, despair, depression, suicide .. addictions, mental disturbance.. lack of purpose and cause for which to live (esp among our young folk).

I heard it said that 10's of thousands of Westerners are going over to join ISIS. As Muslims, they feel shunned, marginalized, lonely. They join ISIS hoping to find meaning and a sense of belonging.... besides the exhilarating sense of POWER through in holding a gun, being a proud warrior, venting rage at a hated target.

Muslim ideology, in its purest form, is extremely destructive. Conquest has been Islam's history, and we are not immune from Islam domination. They see America as the final frontier. Here's my hunch: Unless there is massive repentance in the West, we can expect to find ourselves under Muslim domination - like ancient Israel under the Assyrian Empire.

But then... that may be in accordance with God's covenant purposes... and He will bring many to himself - just as he is doing within ISIS now.

The refugees may be God's calling for us. Whether or not this is an effect of divine judgment, it is God's calling on us to be an autentic living testimony of our Lord ... through hospitality, empathy, interest in them, etc... There's no Biblical way around that!

The best gift we can give them is to give ourselves fully and humbly to the Lord - walking fully in faith - free from fear.

2015/11/19 18:58Profile

Re:

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that governments and the controlled news media are feeding all of us lies?

Do we really know all the different agendas at work?

And does it matter? We are called to love people and bring them the only truth that is truth.

There have always been conspiracies and they even conspired to kill Jesus. We don't have to figure everything out, we just need to follow the Lord.

2015/11/19 21:18
Sree

Re: Brothagary

Quote:

Muslims different to the other false cults ,in which the bible forbids us to associate with

I believe you are quoting this verse in John 1:10- If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

1 John 1:7 to 10:-
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward. Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting

Clearly this verse is talking about those who went into this world to deceive Christians by not acknowledging that Jesus came in Flesh. These men are also so called Christians but they only consider the divinity of Jesus but not his coming in Flesh. That is they do not teach or give weightage to the human likeness of Jesus. They do not consider how he suffered in flesh during all 33.5 years of his life. The Catholics and the prosperity preachers do not acknowledge that part of life of Jesus. Though they may confess that they believe that Jesus came as a human, they do not acknowledge how he lived with human limitations to please God. These false preachers, we are not supposed to invite home.

If this verse meant what you said like not to invite Muslims then how can this not contradict with what Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 5:10?

I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler not even to eat with such a one.

Here Apostle Paul clearly asks us to associate with worldly people which includes even the Muslims. But anyone who calls himself a brother of Jesus, which Muslims do not but lives immorally should not be associated with.

Secondly you seem to apply scripture to a country. All these scriptures are for associating with someone in your home. America is not just your home or the home of just Christians. Hence this scripture is not applicable to a nation. The problem with majority of American Christians is they inherently think that America is a Christian nation and all Christian scriptures are applicable to it. Even if you agree it or not, this is even inside you. Such a thought is purely unscriptural. No Nation can be a Christian nation. It is pride to think of America this way. American Christians should repent of such patriotic feeling.

2015/11/20 0:33Profile
brothagary

Re:

Yep ,sree I realise that those verses were actually refiring to Gnostics , who at the time were really the only false teachers that that confessed Jesus ,,but I still wonder if it a practical verse that should be aplyed today ,,what is it that we aply those same verses to momans and jehova witness's ,when I read the Koran ,I see it teach that we as people of the book are brothers who received revalation from the same God ,they confess Jesus as a great prophet as we know he is , ,, we worship the same God ,.

I'm not apliying anything to a nation ,,,but rather Islam as a monotheist cult that believes in Christ ,in skewed way as the Gnostics did

How do you aply those verses,I noticed that you aply them to Catholics,which is obviously stretching the context quite a lot ,as I did ,,I still don't feel at all convinced that it is wrong to possable aply them to other monthestic who teach a skewed Jesus ,and demonise the work of the cross and the son ship and fatherhood of God ,,,wile at the same times claiming to teach the truth about Jesus and God in the traditional monotheistic scence ,...

With out doubt Mohammed was one of the false prophets that jesus and Paul and Jude and Peter spoke about that would come ,so it would not be stretching the context to much to shun him and not have him in our homes because of the bibles teaches of false prophets ,,and then we have all the false teachers the imams ,and mofties ,and what have you. Which if we decide that they teach what a false prophet revealed ,,,then one could also find biblical ground ,to shun them also .....

The more I found about how much Islam teaches about Christ and how in in places also esteem so our gospels ,and views Christians different from the secular world ,and not as pagans ,,,,,,,,it has much in comman with Judaism and Christianity ,,....

2015/11/20 3:07Profile
brothagary

Re:

I'm not American either ,I never lived there ... Been there don't plane on going there ..............edit

2015/11/20 3:08Profile
brothagary

Re:

Sree I'm not at all convinced that the verse contradicts Paul ,, the people of the world in my view were pagans ,obviously Christians were starting mabey after reading a letter of Paul's that they should keep right away from the worldly pagans , and besides ,John and paul are two different people and authors , Paul may have only been speaking about possable true Christians who were living in sin ,or false Christians who had no repentance ,,in that particular verses he may not have been speaking about gnostic heracy......

2015/11/20 3:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy