SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is It UnChristian To Not Want Syrian Refugees?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Or you could look at like this: We are God's agents and we are to turn others from loyalty to their master to loyalty to our Master. Terrorists or not, they all serve the same master.

Act_26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

2015/11/18 14:34
dohzman

Lysa

What a good reminder! That sis is what we call a Word in due season:) I have friends from Africa that come here every other year and the elders of that part of Africa always admonish them to NOT become Americanized in their Christianity, that term is not a complement I assure you. You are right , in the end we are Ambassadors of Christs in this world, this is not our home, we belong to and with God in Heaven. Thank you for that post. God Bless

2015/11/18 18:28Profile
Sree

Whether it is America or France or India or even Syria, we are not dependent on the government for our security. Our security should be from God. Though we can expect security in returns for our tax, let us not depend on that. Even if America openly allows ISIS to spread inside, none of a believers hairs will fall without God's permission.

Like some pointed out here, no nation can run on Christian principles. They need to be cautious on the refugees. I would suggest setting up a neutral refugee colonies next to Syria or even inside Syria itself and protect their colony by joint international military forces. This way all issues with immigration can be avoided.

Let us pray especially for the Christians in these refugee midst that they may find mercy in the eyes of other nations.

2015/11/19 0:05Profile
brothagary

Re:

I must admit ,I struggle a bit reconciling scripture ,when dealing with cults like Islam and jehova witness and others ,,,the apostal John said that those who denie the father and the son wher of the anti Christ ,and that any one that comes to you who does not bring the the doctrine of Christ not to even invite into our homes or even greet ,,and islam seem to be within the context of Christian false teaching and false prophets ,,being that they do teach Jesus but denie the sonship,and the father hood of God ,and obviously Mohamed was a false prophet ,who taught about Jesus ,,,,,

How can I with a good concence believe what the apostal John wrote ,and some how say that Islam is any different from what was really being expresses through false prophets and apostals in johns day ,,,how can we say knowstasim is the antichrist spirt and teaching, but Islam is not there for we must treat Muslims different to the other false cults ,in which the bible forbids us to associate with ...... John said there were false teachers that we should not even greet and unless we will share in there evil deeds ....

2015/11/19 0:26Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by docseth1
Reply To This Post |
I do get what you are saying. It's highly frustrating though when Governments don't do their job to protect. For me, this is not so much an issue of love for my enemies. I will pray for my enemies. I will do what I can to help the helpless. I would not however knowingly live next door to a sex offender, nor would I ever invite them into my neighborhood.
Why? Because I love my family. I care about the safety of my neighbors. The concern I have about the refugees is that we don't know who they are or their intentions. If these refugees continue to come, all we can do at that point is pray for our safety. We can pray that God's grace and love will shine through us. We can pray for their salvation. I just feel very hesitant to just blindly open our arms to individuals who may be here to destroy us.

I do not ask this as a smart alec but want to honestly know... Do you or do you not believe that God has to approve everything that happens to you, your family, and your neighbors?

2015/11/19 6:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Known nationalities of Paris attackers...

French: 5
Belgian: 1
Syrian: 0

This comes from the NY Times article....

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/15/world/europe/manhunt-for-paris-attackers.html?rref=collection%2Fnewseventcollection%2Fattacks-in-paris

Sadly, according to what I can see from my FB feed and even on SI, this refugee issue is bringing out the worst in those who name the name of Christ. God have mercy on us.

2015/11/19 6:25Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

If so, He approved 911. If so, He approved this terrorist attack in France. If so, He is approving the attacks and killings of our coalition forces fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Yes, even while God is watching & in control, good people are dying. I am not bitter or angry at God....in no way am I. All I am asking is that our government make responsible choices that will insure the most safety. Lysa, you said that SI is bringing out the worst in us on this issue. Hardly!!! No one on hear is calling for the hurt or execution of these Syrian refugees. No one is saying don't help them. We are only asking for our governments to act wisely and responsibly. If you read anything else into these statements, you are misconstruing what's being said here.

2015/11/19 9:18Profile

Re:

Brothers and Sisters

The psalmist reminds us that it is better to trust in the Lord than in princess and chariots. Ultimately our protection is in Christ and Christ alone. Governments will fail us. Because governments are of men. Corruptible men at that. Yes we pray that government will do its job responsibly and wisely.

There should be a reasonable sane policy to vetting refugees who come into this country. But to close our borders to people who are fleeing oppression is not the answer. Again there should be a reasonable, sane policy to vetting refugees.

I would not doubt that there are legitimate refugees among the Muslims who are fleeing oppression. We cannot assume because someone is Islamic that they are a jihadist. These are the ones who should be vetted. These are the ones that we would want to evangelize.

I recentlu heard a brother speak on a confetence call. He was a converted to to Christ out of a Muslim background. This brother had been a former terrorist in the PLO. The brother said that those Muslims who come to this country stand a good chance of being reached with the gospel in the first two years.
Thus we have a potential harvest before us. After two years then the Muslims can very well be radicalized.

Some missionaries have suggested since we are not going to the nations. God may very well be bringing the nations to us. For us to reach the Muslims here in our own country there will be a risk. Even the risk of our own lives. But then to reach the Muslims in their own country is a risk. But then we have to ask ourselves the questions are we called to a life of ease? Are we not called to lay down our lives for Christ? Are we not called to lay down our lives for the gospel?

Is it possible as we cry out for protection. That we are crying out for simply the protection of the American dream. Is this not what David Platt is challenging us in his book Radical. Is this not what God is challenging us. To forsake the American dream. And to take up his vision of reaching the world for Christ.
Even if it means giving up our lives.

Let us remember what Jim Elliot said. No man is a fool to give up what he cannot keep. To gain what he cannot lose. And certainly this brother did lay down his life for Christ. But look at the seed that came from his martyrdom.

Brothers and sisters, simply my thoughts

2015/11/19 10:39
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Lisa said,
Sadly, according to what I can see from my FB feed and even on SI, this refugee issue is bringing out the worst in those who name the name of Christ. God have mercy on us.

Some things I have been pondering for many years are coming to pass. As Lisa rightly points out, things that have, are, and will be happening in the near future will be causing a separation in the body of Christ.

In 1997 when Bill Clinton was President I had a vision that Hillary would one day be the President of the USA. I am not a prophet nor claim to be but the vision was very clear.

With all that is going on in the world and our recent Presidential debates I can see professing Christians already taking sides and saying things that are very concerning.

So here are some questions that I have had posed to me in my spirit. As a Christian and a sojourner/pilgrim/alien in this world can I or should I be involving myself in the affairs of man? Would God want me voting for and putting my trust in a man or a political party?

I have heard some Christians say that, Donald Trump is the only hope America has. What a shocking statement! As I rationalized this statement with the individual their retort was, "Well what do you want?, Hillary to be President?"

As a Christian how can two walk together accept they be agreed? To vote for the lesser of two evils is still casting a vote for evil.

With the recent bombing in Paris and all the fear and rhetoric in the media I am afraid we are going to see many professing Christians true colors. Many are going to fall away due to fear.

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.(Jeremiah 17:5)

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.(Psalms 146:3)

I won't quote these portions but will add them for those who would care to read them. Isaiah 30:1-7, 31:1-9

As it has been rightly pointed out, God is Sovereign, men aligning themselves with men will not nullify Gods sovereignty.

The reason we have the current President we have is not because enough Christians did not vote. Our President is merely a reflection of the heart of the people. Some say not casting a vote is actually casting a vote and if you do not want a certain individual in the white house you must vote against him.

When the anti-christ shows up on the scene do we really believe voting him in or not voting him in will not be a part of the process? People will have to cast a vote for this man just like people who cast a vote in any election.

When Obama was elected President I know of many professing Christians who voted for him and just like they rolled out the red carpet for him they will also be deceived and roll out the red carpet for the anti-christ. Just as people are fed up with the current administration, fear and frustration is going to be many peoples guide in the upcoming election.

God already knows who the next President is going to be, We already know one day the ac is going to come on the scene and will appear to be the answer to all the worlds problems.

We cannot change what has already been written and decided. You can choose to strike hands with men or decide to trust the Lord.

Will voting, picketing, protesting, keep us from opening our country to Syrian refugees?

So here is a thought I had recently. If God already knew Obama was going to be the President and He already knows who the next President is going to be and He already knows when the ac is going to come and be voted into power. If we cast votes against these people meaning we vote for Obama's opponent, the next presidents opponent, and the ac's opponent, are we not voting/fighting against God? I believe we are.

Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.(Acts 5:34-39)

I want to encourage you in being careful whom you are joining yourself to, trusting in, and putting your hope and confidence in, in these last days. We cannot overthrow or fight against God but rather put our faith, hope, and trust in Him.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.(2 Chronicles 7:14)

This admonishment and accompanying promises must start with us as individuals first, then the body of Christ, our families, and then as far as God should decide to take it as we preach the Gospel.

While we cannot control who comes in our out of our country or who leads it using human efforts and means, we CAN pray, supplicate, intercede, make up the hedge, stand in the gap, and yield and submit to Gods will.

Is it possible to see Nations repent and be saved like Nineveh? I won't say it is impossible but will say it is unlikely. However, we can repent, and encourage one another to repent, our families, loved ones, etc.

My wife asked me the other day, how do we get a good president? My answer is, Watch and pray seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and whatever President we end up with let Gods will be done and not our own. God is and will ALWAYS be in control, when we trust Him, even when we are headed to the gallows, we cannot fail.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.(Jeremiah 17:7)

2015/11/19 11:13Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

May I say first that I want to be in unity with each of you. So my comments are not intended to divide. My heart wants unity among brethren. And, we lack God's-eye-view of everything.

I sit here reading news accounts of Syrian refugees who are Muslim and who are trying to enter America by subterfuge and deceit. I read of threats by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (or, Iraq and the Levant, if you prefer ISIL) against Times Square. I have read by policy experts that in each case where ISIS has advertised its intent to bomb, it has managed to eventually carry out that threat. Conventional wisdom says you don't advertise your next terror event; ISIS flaunts that and executes it.

It has been almost 20 years -- maybe more -- since I heard the old "Point of View" show by Marlon Maddux where he said that Islamic training camps were being run in Mexico and that immigrants from Mexico would just walk across the border, that they would look like Mexicans but would really be terrorists from the Middle East. I don't know how much of what we are thinking is fact, how much is myth, how much is paranoia or xenophobia, etc. This I know: ISIS bombs and kills, they are based in Syria, they recruit and train and dispatch killers in soft target areas where visibility and death and damage are high. I know we have a wide open border.

I also know that this country will believe anything that we're told. If the government says, "Don't worry about it", we say, "Hm, ok." If the government says, "The globe is heating up and the sky is about to fall," we say, "Yup, we're doomed unless we recycle and save the seals." If the government says, "A fetus is not a person," we say, "Selectively reduce away!" and we can see video of the callous marketing of dead baby body parts and flip the channel to The Voice and tweet about Adam Levine stealing a contestant from Pharrell. We are impervious to truth.

The great, near term danger of soft target terrorism may pale in comparison to the permanent danger of a seared conscience, and folks that's where we are. Lest we think that as believers we are immune, let each one of us privately and personally weigh his own thoughts before God with an open bible and a broken heart.

Love you folks.

2015/11/19 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy