SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The story of a little robin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SteveHale

NSW Australia

The story of a little robin

There is a story of a little robin. He saw Jesus on the cross, saw the crown of thorns. The bird flew around and around until he found a way to remove a thorn, and in removing the thorn stuck himself.

Each one of us should be that bird. What have I done? What comfort have I given? Does my work mean something? The little robin tried to remove just one thorn. When I look at the cross, I think of that robin. Don't pass by the cross; it is a place of grace.

We often look without seeing. Am I able to see the poor and suffering? All of us have to carry our own cross, all of us have to accompany Jesus in His ascent to Calvary if we want to reach the summit with Him. Sacrifice, in order to be genuine, has to empty us of ourselves. Jesus has chosen each one of us to be His love and His light in the world.

Remember, He has chosen us; we have not first chosen Him. We must respond by making something beautiful for God — something very beautiful. For this we must give our all, our utmost. We must cling to Jesus, grasp Him, have a grip on Him, and never let go for anything. We must fall in love with Jesus.

Mother Teresa

2015/11/12 19:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy