SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ben Carson's Pyramid Theory

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Ben Carson's Pyramid Theory

I kind of like Dr Carson as far as candidates go, but outrageous comments like this will destroy his chances, which were already slim.

Apoarently he thinks Joseph built the pyramids to store grain. I have never heard such a theory and I surely don't believe they could have been built in that short amount of time.

Here's the article:

http://www.wral.com/egypt-antiquities-officials-scoff-at-carson-pyramid-claims/15074106/

2015/11/10 8:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Ben Carson's Pyramid Theory

Todd, I think sometimes folks just overthink things, "they will know you by your fruits", that should be all he needs to run on.

2015/11/10 9:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Agreed Bill - which is why he should hold some things a little closer to his breast.

2015/11/10 9:43Profile

Re:

Wouldn't that have required Joseph to impose harsh, slave-like labor conditions on the Egyptian people? If they saved the harvest for 7 years, they would have needed to start storing it the first year. Doesn't seem plausible to me. Is this a seventh day Adventist teaching?

2015/11/10 9:49
JeffDef

Re: Ben Carson's Pyramid Theory

This is part of the left digging up anything they can find to try and tarnish his image. He's surging in the polls and is voted the most well liked candidate. I urge believers to not succumb to falling for the medias agenda to diminish man and women running for office. Lets be honest, we've all said a few outrageous things before that we may or may not still agree with. I'm not saying he has my vote, just want to think on was pure and noble of those running for office!

2015/11/10 10:03Profile

Re:

Ok, so it seems to be his own belief, not one held by the Seventh Day Adventist church.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/carson-pyramids-in-egypt-built-by-biblical-figure-joseph/

I have heard of stranger beliefs than this and on the surface it does not appear to be a destructive belief, although I will have to think about it more to consider if it has any far reaching implications.

Brings up a good question. What is the strangest belief held by his church and would it affect his ability to govern?

2015/11/10 10:26
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jeff- obviously the media is jumping on him like a duck on a junebug. He first said this several years back but more recently confirmed his belief.

I just hate seeing a good man made to look ridiculous for making ridiculous comments. It shows a lack of wisdom on his part, if nothing else.

2015/11/10 12:01Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I like the guy for a politician, I guess. He's too good to run for office, probably. Silly statement, but not as silly as a lot of 'em.

For his own sake, I hope he loses.

2015/11/10 12:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a passive/aggressive move to get out of the race.

2015/11/10 12:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I don't know who might be the best candidate. I do know the lefts thinking has created a snowball effect, that's effected the morals in this country so bad, I don't know if we will ever recover. The only way I get by the damage done, is just keep confessing everyday, God is still in control.

2015/11/10 13:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy