SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spiritual Preparation for Persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Julius, I agree that the focus should not be on the persecution part of it or what that pertains to. Matt 6 pertains to anxiousness, not to looking back or forward. We can and have been called to discern the signs of the times. Some have been called to be watchmen on the wall, a watchman warns of the coming storm. Matt 6 is really about the cares of the world and how so many people worry about what the " gentiles," worry about. " Be anxious for nothing."

The coming tribulation is a sign of coming unity for the Body and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and then comes Jesus. Keeping our eyes on Jesus is always good advice..........bro Frank

2015/11/8 20:20

Re:

Watchmen are good, but many Christians will not allow them to warn about the strong delusion that already has them in a strangle-hold. They don't want to hear.

So their worries about persecution become their daily cares.

Can't love your doctrine more than the truth. How do we get them to hear?

Pray!! And keep speaking for those who have ears to hear.

2 Thessalonians 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2015/11/8 22:10

Re:

Watchmen warn about deception and sin more than they do about persecution coming. We need to sound an alarm not for persecution but for sin and deception. If you are living a godly life you are already experiencing persecution from those within and those without so you don't need that warning.

(Thank you for your post, Elizabeth and amen!)

Anyone in need of a sleepy, blind, mute, watchmen? They seem pretty popular these days.

Isaiah 56:10-12
His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink (false doctrine) and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

2015/11/8 22:24

Re:

Each man according to his own calling. I have found that some men want to be all things to all men. God speaks to His children and His children speak as they hear Him.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Eph 6:11-13)

Here we are told by God to do some things so that we may stand in that day. It is always a good thing to listen to God and not to men.........bro Frank

2015/11/9 0:26
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me."For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?… (Luke 9:23-25)

Not only do we need to put on the whole armor of God to keep the enemy out, but we need to deal with the enemy within, which is the self life.

Persecution will be terrifying to those that are holding on to their self life and not dying daily. you can't hurt a dead man, because he has already counted the costs, and values God, being obedient to Him and doing His will, more than his own self preservation.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20).

2015/11/9 8:30Profile

Re:

"Persecution will be terrifying to those that are holding on to their self life and not dying daily. you can't hurt a dead man, because he has already counted the costs, and values God, being obedient to Him and doing His will, more than his own self preservation."

Amen brother. Counting the cost is a spiritual principal. Jesus counted the cost in Gethsemane and there the victory was won as we see Jesus declare "not my will but thine be done." ..............bro Frank

2015/11/9 8:43

Re:

Quote:
by AbideinHim on 2015/11/9 8:30:42

Not only do we need to put on the whole armor of God to keep the enemy out, but we need to deal with the enemy within, which is the self life.

The self-life is indeed an enemy and an enemy that gravitates to deception.

In order to "put on the whole armor" of God (Jesus) you have to love the truth and this is why many will be ill-prepared and not "putting on Christ", who is our righteousness, salvation, peace and truth. They love darkness rather than the light. They will feign putting on the armor but it is just a "form of godliness". Persecution will only serve to test the product and reveal what it is made of.

The Church has far more treacherous and iniquitous things she should be warned about.

Persecution never hurt anyone that loves God, it draws them closer to Him. We are warned far more about deception than persecution in the NT.

Regarding persecution, we are enjoined to "delight in persecutions", "pray for your enemies", "bless those who persecute you", "promised the kingdom of heaven", told that persecution shall not "separate us from the love of God", not to be "surprised that the world hates us", to be "content with persecutions", "perplexed, but not despairing, persecuted, but not forsaken", and promised persecution (all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted).

2015/11/9 9:00

Re:

From the original post of this thread ....

"How can we get ready for the persecution? First we need to feed on the word of God, digest it, make it a part of our being. This will mean disciplined Bible study each day as we not only memorize long passages of scripture, but put the principles to work in our lives.

Next we need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not just the Jesus of yesterday, the Jesus of History, but the life-changing Jesus of today who is still alive and sitting at the right hand of God.

We must be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is no optional command of the Bible, it is absolutely necessary. Those earthly disciples could never have stood up under the persecution of the Jews and Romans had they not waited for Pentecost. Each of us needs our own personal Pentecost, the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We will never be able to stand in the tribulation without it."

This is Corrie Ten Boom's advice on "How can we get ready for the persecution." I am just not sure it is helpful to say that we dont need any help or advice on " how we can get ready for the persecution." God laid that advice on the heart of a dear, dear saint and rather than say "The Church has far more treacherous and iniquitous things she should be warned about," we should just simply heed the advice on this particular subject. The thread itself is entitled "Spiritual preparation for persecution."........bro Frank

2015/11/9 9:28

Re:

I love Corrie. And deception and persecution go together in the Word.

Today, one of the keys that I see for getting "ready for persecution" (since that is the subject of this thread), is also understanding how one may be deceived. In Matthew 24, Jesus speaks about persecution and deception. Even in Corrie's day, the Church was in the throes of deception. The first thing Jesus speaks about in in Matthew 24 after the disciples ask Him about the end, is "Take heed that no man deceive you". (Matt 24:4)

Corrie also tells us about the Chinese church during Mao Tse Tung's persecution was also caught up in deception. (They were caught unaware by the Rapture theology). http://endtimepilgrim.org/corrie.htm

One of the most important ways if not THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY to get ready for persecution is to clean your house and come into the light.

"Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And HAVE NO FELLOWSHIP with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather REPROVE THEM. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are REPROVED are MADE MANIFEST BY THE LIGHT: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, AWAKE THOU THAT SLEEPEST, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye WALK CIRCUMSPECTLY, NOT AS FOOLS, but as wise, Redeeming the time, BECAUSE THE DAYS ARE EVIL. Wherefore BE YE NOT UNWISE, BUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE WILL OF THE LORD IS." (Eph 5:10-17)

2015/11/9 9:49

Re:

"One of the most important ways if not THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY to get ready for persecution is to clean your house and come into the light."

I certainly agree with that statement........bro Frank

2015/11/9 10:43

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy