SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Keep your self in the love of God.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Keep your self in the love of God.

Keep your self in the love of God.

Jude 1:21, "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."

Now before we look at how to do this we must decide if it is even possible to somehow be outside of God's love.

The Bible makes this very clear – NOTHING can ever separate us from His Love.

Rom 8:35-39, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Now some think that sin can keep us from God's Love. NO - that is impossible! Let us not forget that while were we were still sinners Christ died for us. God has expressed, manifested, and shown His Love by sending His Son into the world to die on the cross for sinners who were cut off from Him without hope. When Christ was crucified, we were also crucified with him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him. Then when Christ was raised from the dead, we were raised with in Him. But even that is not enough, we now have God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit actually dwelling and abiding within us. Now our body is their home and they are very satisfied and find pleasure in this home.

God is love and this is his very nature and existence of His being. We are in perfect union with Him and His love. We are totally complete in Him.

The Holy Spirit sheds the love of God in out hearts/ This is what HE does 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a non-ceasing and a everlasting love.

Rom. 5:5-6, "And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly."

Now it is possible for us not to see or recognize His love for and in us but this does not change the fact of His love. His Love for us and in us is unchangeable.

Eph. 2:1-9, "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Eph. 3:15-21, "Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

2 Th 3:5, "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ."

Tit 3:3-7, "For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

1 John 3:1-3, "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

1 John 4:9-10, "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."

We never can somehow generate or even produce this love. God's love is in us is the result of out union with Him. How do you keep yourself on His Love? Simply by responding to His love with in us, minute by minute.

2015/11/6 6:41

Re: Keep your self in the love of God.

Edited: Added another "Key Question" - Who is the Love of God?

Earlier in Jude:

Jude has a reason for bringing these things to mind, to the Church.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore PUT YOU IN REMEMBRANCE, though YE ONCE KNEW THIS, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, AFTERWARD DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.

Notice the wording: THE LORD HAVING SAVED THE PEOPLE...AFTERWARD DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.
Why is he drawing the attention of the Church to this parallel? Does it also apply to them?

Can those who call themselves Christians, mock and sow to the flesh? I would say so.
Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

We are told in the last days, "some will depart from the faith". Jude is intimating they will be destroyed by the comparison he gives.
1Ti_4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

How do you keep yourselves in the Love of God. The verse before it.
Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, BUILDING UP YOURSELVES ON YOUR MOST HOLY FAITH, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Building up our faith as opposed to the example Jude gives to the church of those who died in the wilderness because they "believed not". (No faith, faithless, turned back).

If the ones in the desert were destroyed because they "believed not", we must "build ourselves up in our faith", "praying in the Holy Ghost", which will help "keep ourselves in the love of God".

What does praying in the Holy Ghost really entail? It is not a fleshly practice! And is Jude saying that you build yourselves up in the faith by ONLY praying in the Holy Ghost. I don't think so. I think he is saying "build yourselves up in your most holy faith, and pray in the Holy Ghost". This would make sense because there are many ways the Lord gives us to build ourselves up in faith.

The Holy Spirit draws another parallel in Heb 4:1.

Heb 4:1 LET US THEREFORE FEAR, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: BUT THE WORD PREACHED DID NOT PROFIT THEM, NOT BEING MIXED WITH FAITH in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I HAVE SWORN IN MY WRATH, IF they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO HIS REST, BUT TO THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT?
Heb 3:19 SO WE SEE THAT THEY COULD NOT ENTER IN BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF.

Key questions:

What does "ENTERING HIS REST", mean?
What does "BELIEVED NOT, BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF", mean?
Who is the "Love of God"?

Though WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE, THE SHEEP OF HIS HAND, the HOLY SPIRIT HAS THE SAME WARNING FOR ALL OF THE "PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE".
Psa 95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Psa 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Psa 95:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Psa 95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

2015/11/6 9:24

keep in HIS love for us

Please read this a few times until you see what I am saying here.

The flesh and behind the flesh is the devil. The flesh - the devil wants us to keep OUR love for God rather than keep in HIS love for us.

Do you see that?

The flesh - the devil wants us to keep OUR love for God rather than what the scripture says, which is keep us in HIS love for us.

What is religion? In its most subtle form, it is that continual labor and toil and religious sweat of trying to love God enough.

That why I said the flesh - the devil wants us to keep or think we are keeping our love for God that results in all that labor, the toil, the promises, the dedications The doing, doing, doing in order to say I do love you God, I love you - I love you. Whereas this verse says NO, you keep IN HIS LOVE because it is not about us - IT IS ABOUT HIM!

That is why 1 John says we love because He first loved us. Any love that we have in response to His love, any love that we have for one another arises from HIS LOVE TO US - so we keep ourselves in His love to us, the love of God - not to continue by headache, migraine headache of trying to love God enough

How to we enter His rest? By seeing His love toward us and in us that we stop all self efforts to try to love Him.

See His love now and His embrace and hold on you and now rest in that love and just respond back with a hug.

2015/11/10 14:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy