SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer for our businesses

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougr777

Prayer for our businesses

I wanted to reach out to any member on SI that has their own business (or employment) too, that would like to pray for each other. I have my own small business and it seems like a constant spiritual battle to just work and earn a basic living. Even if it's just one other person I could connect with to pray that understand the struggle of having their own business. I hope it's ok to post this, if not please feel free to remove it. Thanks, Blessings, Doug

2015/11/4 8:27Profile
dohzman

Re: Prayer for our businesses

Deu 28:12
The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

I had a business for almost 30 years. When I closed it I did so mainly because of all the travel and the desire to stay close to home , close to family. I have gone back to college in the IT field but probably will not land there. I also recently went and took licensing for Insurance in the State of Ohio and will probably do that as it most closely mirrors what I did for 30 years while I was running a business. All that said it does take a ton of prayer with fasting to obtain the blessing sometimes. I look at the businessman s walk much like the Book of Joshua in the OT and the warfare Israel had to conquer the promised land. I suspect that is the same warfare you have to walk, I know I did, and will. I like to do 2 things that may be helpful:1) Read a chapter of Proverbs everyday that corresponds with that day. the 1 st is Prov 1 etc...2) As I read the Word of God I date the passages I hear the Lord speaking to me and journal how I hear them. Pro 24:6 NKJV
For by wise counsel you will wage your own war,
And in a multitude of counselors there is safety.
One day,
"your own war", jumped off the pages to me and while I certainly see the rest of the passage about counselors I took knowledge on those 3 words, your own war, and just recently have started to turn up the war machine once again:)
I will pray for you and trust the Lord with you that He will strengthen you to do and accomplish what you need, and that in your slow or down times that He will lead you in the work of preparation so that you will have no lack while you apply due diligence in your business.

2015/11/4 10:20Profile
dougr777

Re:

Thanks brother for those words of encouragement.

2015/11/6 23:03Profile
dohzman

Re:

Praying for you and your business.

2015/11/7 10:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy