SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Notable Quotes from Featured Vance Havner Sermon on Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Notable Quotes from Featured Vance Havner Sermon on Repentance

“Where is the prophet among all the priests who will call the church to repentance?”

“He (D.L. Moody) had come to know that unless there was a genuine turning away from known sin, in life and thought, there would be little permanency of change.”

“…you will need to remember what Joseph Parker meant when he said, ‘The man whose sermon is ‘REPENT' sets himself against his age and will for a time be battered mercilessly by the age whose moral tone he challenges. There is but one end for such a man...'OFF WITH HIS HEAD!' you had better not try to preach repentance until you have pledged your head to heaven.’"

“The majority of our church members in America give no evidence of ever having been born again.”

“If you’re what you always have been, you’re not a Christian.”

“Oh I know there are those who say all you have to do is preach love, just preach love and that’ll take care of everything. If that’ll take care of everything why did Paul wait till the 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians before he ever got around to love.”

“The devil’s not fighting churches, he’s joining them.”

“I know Christ is our righteousness. But I believe in righteousness in you as well as on you.”

“Worldly churches produce worldly church members.”

“Repentance is the response of the awakened soul to the Holy Spirit; and it brings conviction of sin, confession of sin, forsaking of sin, reconciliation, restitution, giving up the world, making Jesus Lord, and being filled with the Holy Spirit. That’s revival.”

“Break up your fallow ground; you know what fallow ground is. It is ground that is lying idle, uncultivated; and it’s unproductive because it’s undisturbed. And so are churches that are unproductive; they’re unproductive because they’re undisturbed. I wonder, frankly, whether we can expect a deep revival in a shallow generation.”

“Your medicine bottle sometimes says, ‘Shake Well Before Using’; that’s what God has to do with a lot of His people. If God hasn’t used you lately maybe you haven’t been shook up lately. Maybe you need to be churned and emptied from vessel to vessel.”

“I know one thing beloved. If I could live life over, I’d try to do less for God, and let Him do more through me. He wants to work in us to will and do of His good pleasure. It takes us a long time to learn the simple lesson of abiding and abounding; that our responsibility is simply our response to His ability. Now you say, ‘You’re passing the buck to God?’ No, no, you’ll work harder than you ever did; but you won’t be striving in your own strength; it’ll be the overflow of a Spirit-filled life.”

“We cannot be channels of blessing if our lives are not free from known sin.”

“Are you willing to deal with whatever clogs your life?”

2015/11/3 21:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Notable Quotes from Featured Vance Havner Sermon on Repentance

Thanks for compiling these. Havner is awesome.

2015/11/4 7:30Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

His sermons speak to my heart deeply. I am glad to hear this one again, and again.....

2015/11/4 8:07Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Thank you for compiling the quotes.

2015/11/4 8:10Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen, my pleasure.

2015/11/4 9:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Love Vance Havner's quotes. Got any more to share?

Sandra

2015/11/4 20:32Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Love Vance Havner's quotes. Got any more to share?

Sandra

Hi sister. Not sure if your question was specifically for me. Unfortunately, I don't have anymore to share at this time.

2015/11/5 13:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Sandra if you do a google search inputting "Vance havner quotes" you'll find a bunch.

I like "plenty of church members are shaky about what they believe, while not many are shaken by WHAT they believe."

2015/11/5 14:56Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

You can't be optimistic if you've got a misty optic.

2015/11/5 17:09Profile
brothagary

Re:

Vance was one of the first preachers I herd ,I was quite awestruck ,,on sermon audio ,

2015/11/6 6:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy