SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jews and is Israel in the New Testament? Do They Still Have a Covenant with God? ABSOLUTELY YES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re: The Jews killed Jesus

What makes anyone think the Gentiles would have done any different if they had been in charge of the religious system of the day? Would the Gentiles have accepted Christ and His claims with open arms and done everything just right and crowned Christ as King? Is there supposed to be something in the Jew that is more prone tio evil than what is in Gentiles? God has concluded all under sin so that He might show mercy to all. So you believe the Jews are guilty of killing Jesus as Jesus and Stephen stated. Jesus and Stephen also prayed for forgivenss for those who crucified Jesus and Stephen. So where do you think we should go from here? Now what?

2015/10/30 22:42Profile
savannah

Re: The Jews killed Jesus

Now that's a post I can heartily agree with!

You ask,"So where do you think we should go from here? Now what?"

We ought to imitate them!

2015/10/30 23:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
thanks notdarkyet, For an example of a Jew hater see the post below by savana.
He/her twists and distorts and misuse the scriptures to suit his/her Jewish hating bias.

Carmine,

This is another warning to please do not accuse other people directly in this way. It is simply wrong. Good believers can disagree with the importance of the Israel state and we can still have fellowship with them. In no way is hatred being allowed towards Jewish people on SermonIndex, and please do not jump to conclusions on what people are saying.

It is true that right now Israel has been blinded and is under disobedience till the fulness of the gentiles are brought in and then "all" Israel shall be saved. I do believe those jewish brethren that come to faith now are precious jewels of a coming harvest and fulfillment of God's eternal purpose.

SermonIndex is a place where we can have grace with each other in the body of Christ to grow into maturity and full understanding. We are all needing help in different areas.

2015/10/31 0:01Profile
docs

Yes!

Now that's a post I can heartily agree with!

You ask,"So where do you think we should go from here? Now what?"

We ought to imitate them!

Doc: Yes we should. We should all work on this.

Thank you bro.

2015/10/31 6:57Profile
roadsign

Re: Yes!

Quote:
Ephesians 2:11-14 indicates that Israel and the Jews (we) were chosen, but Gentiles (you) were also included.

I'm surprised that the key point in this Ephesians passage has not been emphasized in this discussion:

"For he himself is our peace, who has made the two ONE .... His purpose was to create in himself ONE NEW MAN out of the two, thus making peace, and in this ONE BODY to reconcile both of them to God ...." Eph. 2:14,15

When seen through the eyes of God, in Christ there are not two groups, but one - with one identity. It's not a blend of the two old identities, Jew and Gentile, - but ONE BRAND NEW IDENTITY. a new person. There is neither Jew nor Greek,, etc.

The meaning of "Jew" is far too diverse to make much of it. You'll never know how many with that label are proselytes by heritage, and how many without that label have Jewish genes in them.
That's not what matters in God's eyes.

In the end there are only two categories: the wheat and the tares - those in the Kingdom and those not in the kingdom. The narrow way is the same for all.

Would you not agree?

2015/10/31 14:38Profile

Re:

Diane

Everything you stated is true.
However that does not negate God's promises and dealings with national and
ethnic Israel. This is what replacement theology does. It is satanic not because I say so but look at the fruit it has produced. This twisting of the scriptures has been used by satan as an excuse to persecute and kill millions upon millions of Jews throughout the ages. The fruit of this theology is utterly evil. It cannot be true because its end result is rotten to the core.
The Jewish people are part of God's ultimate plan, He will graft them back in and in the way he chooses, Now that is good fruit. He is God after all and NOTHING will stop him from fulfilling his covenant with them as with us who are in Christ. . Romans 11 would help.

2015/10/31 16:08

Re:

Hi Rev-Enue,

We have said there are extremes on both sides. On the other side (Israeli nationalism) there is also bad fruit, killing, maiming and suffering.

So, if we could set aside the extremes and just purse from a biblical standpoint, that would be helpful. Don't you agree that there are people on both sides that wish no harm for others and also the opposite kind of people on both sides? I am sure you do.

For instance, Netanyahu just came out and said, "Israel will always live by the sword". And, don't get me wrong, I understand why he says that.

This is from a Jewish publication: http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/netanyahu-is-dooming-israel-to-live-eternally-by-the-sword-1.368163http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/netanyahu-is-dooming-israel-to-live-eternally-by-the-sword-1.368163

So, I don't think anyone here that loves Jesus Christ and understands the Gospel of Peace, would agree with that.

From Netanyahu, "Netanyahu reiterated this position in the Knesset. "The reason for the conflict, and for its continuation, is the refusal to recognize the Jewish people's nation-state in any borders," he said.

So, just to go on record: I do recognize the Jewish people's right to have their own state. Just so you know. Mine is only a biblical quest, I have no problem with Jews having their own homeland.

In an effort to be conciliatory with you, I do agree that there is a Satanic extreme on both sides, but surely you don't think the brothers in SI are part of that, on either side. I certainly don't.

2015/10/31 16:15

Re:

Julius21

All the best to you in Christ.
I did not say that some members were satanic, But this
doctrine is certainly satanic . Replacement theology has been and still is a tool in the hands of satan and has continued to be used as such.
No good fruit has come of it whatsoever but unimaginable evil has been done to
the Jewish people over the centuries using this wicked doctrine of demons,

2015/10/31 16:33
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Replacement theology has been and still is a tool in the hands of satan

I’m saddened to read this claim. My relatives were leaders in the underground movement in Holland during WW2 and saved the lives of many Jews – at great risk and cost. They were staunch Reformers, and embraced “Replacement Theology”. They saw many miracles of God during those dark days.

Any theology can become misused and distorted! Replacement theology need not be divisive if held in light the teachings in Ephesians 2 about God’s “ONE NEW MAN”. Everyone is replaced!!!! It’s the new life in Christ.

I see great benefit of embracing Replacement Theology: We allow the entire Bible to be available to all who put themselves under the umbrella of Christianity today. We’d see that the warnings and judgments for ancient Israel apply to the Church. We’d see that the Church cannot claim God’s favor any more than Israel could – esp while practicing a form of godliness without its power. We’d see that God can shut to door on the existing Church institution just as easily as God did for Israel. God can scatter them. And above, all: the remedy is the same!

Art Katz, a Spirit filled Jewish theologian believed that present day Israel is not the Israel prophesied in the OT because it’s not the same. Israel will yet be scattered, he believes.

Many have assumed that the present state of Israel is fulfillment of God’s promise, and we are thereby required to give it special favor and protection. The whole thing is politicized– and many are trying to justify their political slants with with Scripture. That is surely demonic!!! Look at the war, oppression, land claim battles….

Remember that God’s called ones are sojourners, aliens….and our home is an eternal kingdom.
That’s the kingdom we fight for – not with the sword, but with the weapons of faith.

2015/11/1 7:37Profile

Re:

Amen, Diane.

The Old Covenant was disanulled (replaced). When Jesus was on the Cross, He alone was "Israel" (He was the first to replace them). No one else at that particular time, was the true Israel of God except Jesus Christ. Now, He grafts those in (to Himself) that turn to Him.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

We have to realize there are extremes on both sides and be more gracious to one another.

2015/11/1 9:49

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy