SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Letter from Stephen Sizer to Jacob Prasch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

MrBillPro

I have set up a program to auto post at various times during the night.

2015/11/2 20:24
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Rev_enue, I challenge you to find a recent thread on the topic of Israel that predates docs' thread. You won't find it, guaranteed.

2015/11/2 20:33Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I will say I agree that probably too many threads on the same topic were started all at the same time, I'll give you that. But they were from both sides.

2015/11/2 20:37Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Carmine, see that's what we need here, a little humor to break up this thread that's been going south for a while.

2015/11/2 20:39Profile

Re:

Oraclo

True enough, lets just leave Israel with the Lord and watch Him as he furthers his perfect plan for them and us.

2015/11/2 20:53
proudpapa

Rev__Enue

Rev__Enue wrote : ////True enough, lets just leave Israel with the Lord and watch Him as he furthers his perfect plan for them and us. ////

Amen!!

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen

2015/11/2 21:17Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Questions

Quote:
4. How do these promote "genuine Biblical revival" ~ the stated purpose of SI?

"But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law for they are unprofitable and worthless." - Titus 3:9 ESV

Should we not rather redeem the time praying with Brothers Tim and Neil and others for God to move in "genuine Biblical revival"? Should we not spend the time in His Word and on our faces before it is too late?

The same could be asked regarding other topics that can get heated if we are not careful, topics such as Pre-trib vs Post-trib, divorce and remarriage, head coverings, etc. From what I've seen and understood, this is a discussion forum where Christians can discuss different topics even if they don't see eye to eye on them. If this discussion forum is only about the topic of revival, why do we see so many threads allowed on so many other topics?

Also, from what I see, you side with Neil in this thread despite the fact that he has called us anti-Christ and questioned our salvation for disagreeing on this non-essential topic. How can we take you serious when you are not willing to admit that that was totally uncalled for on his part?

2015/11/2 21:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Honestly though, this may be one of those topics that should not be discussed, like Calvinism etc. that always devolve.

It seems like all that can be said on this topic has been said, and no one appears to be changing their mind, so what's the use.

I would encourage the moderators to either not allow discussions on this topic, or keep them on a very tight leash.

It's a pretty good sign that things are going badly when one side's primary argument is that the other side are Jew-haters.

2015/11/3 8:25Profile
docs

Re: What I affirm

Oracio wrote,
|
"And just to be clear, my desire, as I'm sure is the case with Julius and others, is that we would indeed see a massive awakening of ethnic Jews, that multitudes of them would come to know our Messiah. God is more than able to do something like that just as much as He is able to pour out His Spirit upon the Gentile nations. May we indeed stand together as we pray for revival among all nations."

Julius wrote,

"My heart is for the Jewish and Gentile people and I will treat my brethren with love. We don't want this to be about personalities as we discuss the scriptures and "learn and ask questions" as you put it so well."

Proudpapa has said similiar things I just can't find them right now. But they're there. I affirm these statements as coming from their hearts and honest expressions. Disagreements, even major diagreements on this, are not the same as anti-semitism.

Learning and asking questions and sharing insights is our goal and as the moderator stated an be done in edification and respect if we try. We've just got to want to.

Blessings brothers and to all who have been civil.

2015/11/3 8:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
TMK...It seems like all that can be said on this topic has been said, and no one appears to be changing their mind, so what's the use.

Ding! Ding! we have a winner! Todd, you are so right, one of the biggest misconceptions of believers is, they think they can change people. People cannot change people, only the person themselves can change themselves, God can also change people.

Only God can change people, so you are not and cannot be responsible for changing them. You are accountable to God solely for your own deeds, and to do your part in living at peace with others.

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

2015/11/3 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy