SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quotes and Comments of "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother Greg,

Absolutely no problem at all. I have always said I support Israel's right to exist and never wish anyone harm and I mean ANYONE. I did get a bit emotional only when coming to grips with the realization of extreme factions on both sides that name the name of Christ. May none of us here, ever go there and I do not personally believe anyone on SI is part of the extreme factions.

As you can see in some of my other posts this morning, I believe not only for me, but for many here, last week has been a big lesson for all of us to stay out of the political atmosphere. It truly is of hell.

Thank you for having a balanced understanding of all the recent posts and thank you for extending grace to me.

2015/11/4 10:58
docs

Yo Julius

Wish you were here. We could go ice fishing.

2015/11/4 13:03Profile
docs

Re: For proudpapa

For the record, I would not speak to a contrary rattlesnake the way you and some of the others have been spoken to by some.

Of course, it was only yesterday that I looked at the thread on the film for the first time and I admit it was eye opening. But even in that thread and I think some others the tone and accusations expressed toward you and others was not good at all.

That's all bro.

Peace in the Lord.

2015/11/4 13:09Profile

Re: For proudpapa

Brother, I got bit real bad. What a lesson. Ouch!

I would love to go ice fishing! Always been a dream of mine.

Check this out. Maybe he says it better than me.

Zionism Refuted With Scripture - Full Sermon - Christians Are God's Chosen People. http://youtu.be/08v3R0Wrkqo

The Hope of Israel
http://www.messianicgoodnews.org/hope-of-israel-philip-mauro/

2015/11/4 13:16
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Dear brother Greg, thank you for understanding that this is an in-house debate among true believers in Christ. And thank you for your gracious forbearance toward myself, Julius, proudpapa, savannah, and roadsign despite your sharp disagreement with us on this topic.

If I may, I’d like to reiterate what proudpapa already pointed out, namely, that the first two recent threads on this topic were started by docs and Heydave to challenge our view, docs’s thread being seemingly intended for civil discussion (though he does seem to have very strong convictions against our position), and Heydave’s being intended to paint our position as anti-Semitic. From there on more threads were started on this topic which I agree was overboard.

I do hope that some brethren here will understand as you do that this is indeed an in-house, debatable topic among Christians.

In that vein I do want to briefly reason with those brethren and point out that preachers such as Tim Conway (several of whose sermons are hosted here on SI and on the SI YouTube channel), Martin Loyd Jones, Voddie Baucham, R.C. Sproul and many other respected preachers from both the past and present hold to and have held to the view on Israel which we have shared about in these recent threads. Paul Washer may also hold to the Amillennial view (though I’m not 100% sure) from reading this portion of a statement of faith which he consents to on his Heartcry website:
“We believe that the end of the world is approaching; that at the last day Christ will descend from heaven, and raise the dead from the grave to final retribution; that a solemn separation will then take place; that the wicked will be adjudged to endless punishment, and the righteous to endless joy; and that this judgment will fix forever the final state of men in heaven or hell, or principles of righteousness.”

Personally, I don’t know if I even want to get into this topic here on SI anymore as I see how touchy it is for some; again, even to the point of severely vilifying us and questioning our salvation for disagreeing on this topic.

I’m thinking, “Maybe I should be careful not to bite even if someone such as docs posts a thread asking questions about our view.”

2015/11/4 13:25Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///In that vein I do want to briefly reason with those brethren and point out that preachers such as Tim Conway (several of whose sermons are hosted here on SI and on the SI YouTube channel), Martin Loyd Jones, Voddie Baucham, R.C. Sproul and many other respected preachers from both the past and present hold to and have held to the view on Israel which we have shared about in these recent threads. Paul Washer may also hold to the Amillennial view (though I’m not 100% sure) from reading this portion of a statement of faith which he consents to on his Heartcry website:///

I was going to point that out also in response to Gregs comment.

we can add David Bercot to the list.

John Piper :
http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/israel-palestine-and-the-middle-east

2015/11/4 13:34Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Thanks proudpapa for sharing that Piper sermon, will have to check it out asap.

2015/11/4 13:49Profile

Re:

It's too bad that the Lord God does not share these religious "leaders" views
on Israel

2015/11/4 13:50
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Seems you're all intent on carrying this on, despite what has been said and asked! Unbelievable!

Oracio, you are wrong brother. My intent in posting that film was only that people could see the history of anti semitism from every side and why having their own homeland was so important to Jewish people (and God), particularly in the immediate aftermath of the Holocaust

Did you watch the film or just read Julius' take on it?

BTW, I accept your explanation on why you mentioned the 9/11 conspiracy, but still think it was an unwise comment that could easily be taken to mean you thought it was true.

2015/11/4 15:00Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: for Heydave

Quote:
Oracio, you are wrong brother. My intent in posting that film was only that people could see the history of anti semitism from every side and why having their own homeland was so important to Jewish people (and God), particularly in the immediate aftermath of the Holocaust

Did you watch the film or just read Julius' take on it?

First, thanks for acknowledging me as a brother unlike a few others here.

Respectfully, I watched enough of the film to know what one of its main purposes is, namely, to paint “replacement theology” as being anti-Semitic in nature.

From the film (from around the 42 min. mark onward):

“I don’t think we can deny the fact that there is a causal effect, there is a deadly logic of supersessionism (aka covenant, replacement or fulfillment theology).” “There is a clear causal effect between the theology of supersessionism and the eventual effecting of violence and hatred against the Jewish people. When you survey Christian history it is demonstrable. This is the deadly logic of supersessionism.” “I think we need to be far more cautious of the destructive force of replacement theology than we currently are in the church.”

Brother, you started that thread with the link to that film right after, and in response to, the discussion thread started by docs. That’s why it was clear to me that you started that thread and shared that link to challenge our view on this topic, and the film tries to paint our view as anti-Semitic in nature.

Quote:
BTW, I accept your explanation on why you mentioned the 9/11 conspiracy, but still think it was an unwise comment that could easily be taken to mean you thought it was true.

Thanks for accepting that explanation. I agree that I should have been clearer in my comment there and that it was unwise of me to use those particular words.

2015/11/4 16:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy