SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Adam's Sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Adam's Sin

Quote:
What was the punishment for Adam's sin? Physical death, spiritual death or eternal punishment?

death of his spirit

2005/5/11 1:30Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Here, here. And I wouldn't be overely polite when trying to wrestle someone out of the path of a truck, either.

nice phrase! :-D

2005/5/11 4:27Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:
Quote:
What was the punishment for Adam's sin? Physical death, spiritual death or eternal punishment?

death of his spirit

But was it eternal? (ie, was he forgiven?)

2005/5/11 7:12Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I don't know and am not sure that anyone else is any wiser ;-)

2005/5/11 7:20Profile

Re: Adam's sin

I'm going out on a limb here, but I hear whispers from the Flood and the blood of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. God made Adam and Eve coverings of skins and continued His relationship with them. Adam died only fiftysix (7 x 8) years before Noah was born. Not surprisingly, Lamech, Noah's father, took the opportunity to call his first son 'Rest' in anticipation of some help with the work, perhaps and did not live to bury his father Methuselah, who must have known Adam so much better than Lamech. God always has a plan.

Quote:
Joshua 3:14 And it cometh to pass, in the journeying of the people from their tents to pass over the Jordan, and of the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people, 15 and at those bearing the ark coming in unto the Jordan, and the feet of the priests bearing the ark have been dipped in the extremity of the waters (and the Jordan is full over all its banks all the days of harvest) -- 16 that the waters stand; those coming down from above have risen--one heap, [b]very far above Adam the city[/b], which [is] at the side of Zaretan; and those going down by the sea of the plain, the Salt Sea, have been completely cut off; and the people have passed through over-against Jericho; 17 and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant of Jehovah stand on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan--established, and all Israel are passing over on dry ground till that all the nation hath completed to pass over the Jordan. Young's translation.

2005/5/11 8:59
IRONMAN

Re:

Cjak
I don't know if he was forgiven, maybe or maybe not. I'm curious as to how this would affect our walks in the spirit though. Perhaps it is very important to know what became of adam, can someone help me out on that?

2005/5/11 12:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
I don't know if he was forgiven, maybe or maybe not. I'm curious as to how this would affect our walks in the spirit though. Perhaps it is very important to know what became of adam, can someone help me out on that?

What are the grounds for believing he was not forgiven?

Either way, since we die in Christ, who died for the whole of mankind, what difference would Adam's condition make to walking in the Spirit?

2005/5/11 13:53
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
God made Adam and Eve coverings of skins and continued His relationship with them.

this is an important observation I think. It is surely symbolic of atonement. I was interested too in your reference to Joshua and the crossing of the Jordan. What did you have in mind about the city of Adam?

2005/5/11 14:16Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Dorcas
I don't know if adam was forgiven or not, I have nothing to support any leanings to either side of that. however I like you would like to know how adam's being forgiven (or not) would affect my walk of faith.

2005/5/11 14:22Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

It takes all sorts...

Quote:

Griffo wrote:

That is not an answer I had expected!

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have read on this site, to see your face when you read that must have been brilliant. :lol:

2005/5/11 14:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy