SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Covenant and controversy - The great rage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Covenant and controversy - The great rage

Watch the documentary "With God on our Side" if you're interested in an uncensored, unbiased, objective presentation of the modern state of Israel.

http://www.withgodonourside.com/videos/

2015/10/26 0:28Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

quote: " if you're interested in an uncensored, unbiased, objective presentation of the modern state of Israel."

You have got to be kidding! If you think this is objective and unbiased you are really deceived! All films are biased one way or another. This one is biased toward anti-Semitism.

The other film is biased toward the Jews having a TINY strip of real estate as a homeland after millennia of persecution living in other nations. The so called 'Palestinians' NEVER were a nation state. They are a mixture of Arabs from neighbouring countries that have 100 times more real estate to live in.

Only an anti-Semite would deny the Jews the right to their own land and blame them for a conflict with a people who want to wipe every Jew from the face of the earth. Try watching the film I posted and check your heart.

2015/10/26 6:15Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Julius, Why can't you just watch the film through and let others do the same? Why do you feel the need to give a minute by minute commentary? You write far too much stuff that it is impossible for most of us (who have other things to do) to keep up with. Just watch it and make one point that can be considered and responded to. You don't need to critique everything. The more you say, the more you will get wrong. It's a simple equation really.

2015/10/26 6:21Profile
yuehan

Re: Covenant and controversy - The great rage

[edited]

2015/10/26 7:04Profile
savannah

Re: Was Jesus an anti-semite?

"Only an anti-Semite would deny the Jews the right to their own land and blame them for a conflict with a people who want to wipe every Jew from the face of the earth."

Was Jesus an anti-semite?

Jesus said,

33“Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who PLANTED A VINEYARD AND PUT A WALL AROUND IT AND DUG A WINE PRESS IN IT, AND BUILT A TOWER, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey. 34“When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. 35“The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. 36“Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. 37“But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 38“But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ 39“They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40“Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?” 41They said to Him, “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons.”

42Jesus said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures,
‘THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED,
THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone;
THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD,
AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES’?

43“Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it. 44“And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”

45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them. 46When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.

Jesus also said,

47“Woe to you! For you build the tombs of the prophets, and it was your fathers who killed them. 48“So you are witnesses and approve the deeds of your fathers; because it was they who killed them, and you build their tombs. 49“For this reason also the wisdom of God said, ‘I will send to them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and some they will persecute, 50so that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, 51from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.’ 52“Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.”

53When He left there, the scribes and the Pharisees began to be very hostile and to question Him closely on many subjects, 54plotting against Him to catch Him in something He might say.

2015/10/26 7:50Profile

Re:

You are right, Dave. It's not working well this way and one final review is best. It may be a bit long since I will be providing quotes. I don't want to misrepresent the video for the people that can't watch it.

2015/10/26 8:18

Re:

This is a very sad film. It is much more than the "miracle rebirth of Israel". It continually smears Christianity and Christians and fails over and over again to draw distinctions between Catholicism and Christianity. It overwhelmingly characterizes Catholicism as Christian, barely mentioning Catholicism. You will see in my final review the intellectually dishonest quotes.

I took the comment about Dave not portraying the film very well, because they still may correct their remarks. Ok, so this is my last comment till I finish it. Things may change.

2015/10/26 12:05
proudpapa

Was Jesus an anti-semite?

RE: ///Was Jesus an anti-semite? ///

Absolutly not! and neither was Paul!

That is why they laid down there lives to give the Jewish people the Gospel, Because it is the only Hope for Israel.

I find no Biblical evidence for the : "Day of the Lord" to be any hope for the unconverted gentile or the unconverted jew,
but a glorious day for the converted Jew as well as the converted Gentile.

2015/10/26 12:28Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Dave,
I very much appreciate your posting this and can without exception agree with the findings of this presentation of facts. To our shame the church has failed miserably in so many ways but none so shameful as not provoking our Jewish brethren to jealousy.

Art Katz has a very strong sermon on this called The God who devastates, the first time I listened to it here on SI several years ago it paralyzed me, I felt as tho I had been spiritually sandblasted,... laid bare and raw. It was before church one morning that I first heard it and going to church after was quite a step down from where brother Katz had taken the listener.

So thank you for posting and know that our God is faithfull and I pray that we may we walk worthy of the gospel that saved us.

You may find it historically beneficial to study out the Armenian genocide carried out by the Turks. It preceded the holocost and the Germans came and learned from them how to systematically carry out their plans of death. It has been said that the spirit of the antichrist was transmitted to the Germans through this.
Incidentally it was then that the church Paul founded in Smyrna was destroyed which is extremely accurately spoken of in the Revelations letters to the churches.

2015/10/26 12:33Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Was Jesus an anti-semite?

PP said "That is why they laid down there lives to give the Jewish people the Gospel, Because it is the only Hope for Israel.

I find no Biblical evidence for the : "Day of the Lord" to be any hope for the unconverted gentile or the unconverted jew,
but a glorious day for the converted Jew as well as the converted Gentile."

I absolutely agree with you and if you could watch the film they also say that only through faith in Christ Jesus is anyone, including a Jew saved.

I think you misunderstand, no one on the previous thread or this film is saying otherwise. I know there are some extreme Christian Zionist types like Hagee who say this, but that is not the majority view of pre-millennialists.

The scripture teaches that a remnant of the nation of Israel will receive Jesus as their Messiah in the last days and be saved. see Zechariah 12:10.

BTW, I think you can watch it on vimeo if you can get that.

I did check out Justyn Martyr a bit more and although I was focusing on his millennial view, it does seem he may not have had in mind the Jewish nation. That said there was a definite belief in an earthly kingdom with Jerusalem as it's capital among these early church fathers.

2015/10/26 14:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy