SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : What Have You Discovered On SI?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

What Have You Discovered On SI?

I will admit, the most appealing part of this site for me has mainly been this forum. I've been on here for a little more than a year, and haven't since recently, downloaded and listened to a few sermons. And now, only now, have I finally discovered the articles available to read on here! There is so much good stuff on here, and I didn't even realize it or notice it!

Are you guys as excited as I am right now about the many encouraging resources available to us on here, for FREE?! What have you guys discovered on here? What sermon(s) have really opened up your eyes and heart on here? What article(s) have you read that really inspired you to keep pressin' on in the Christian walk? How else has this ministry blessed you?!

These were a few of my great discoveries:

[b]Downloads[/b]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4442]An Habitation of God[/url] [i]by David Wilkerson[/i]
[b]Description:[/b] For anyone who has ever questioned "Why are we here?" this is an important and revealing message about the motives and expectations the Lord has of people. The Lord has a very deep desire to have an intimate heart to heart sharing relationship with His children. If you have difficulty praying, or are in a battle of the mind, insecure about the Lord's love for you, you must hear this wonderfully encouraging message. God loves us, and desires fellowship with us.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2902]Ten Shekels and a Shirt[/url] [i]by Paris Reidhead[/i]
[b]Description:[/b] What is humanism and how has it affected Christianity? What is the purpose of life? Is it the happiness of man? Why are you a Christian? Is it merely to escape hell and to go to heaven? Why should someone come to the cross and be saved? These questions and many more are answered in this sermon.

[b]Articles[/b]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/mail_si/pdf/2005/jan27_2005.pdf]The Fight for Holiness[/url] [i]by Oswald Smith[/i]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=category&cid=58]The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life[/url] [i]by Hannah Whitall Smith[/i] (19 articles)
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=category&cid=485]Hymn Stories[/url] (57 stories)

2005/5/9 12:55Profile
dohzman

Re: What Have You Discovered On SI?

I download the sermons and reading resources. I've recently been reading Ron Bailey's works on Abraham My Friend. I feel that it should be shared with the body of Christ in book form. I 'm just thankful to have so many of these resources available. Where ever I speak I point congregations and pastors to this site. It's diffinetly a God Ordained resource. I do enjoy also the interaction with believers from all over. Its really been a help to keep the fires kindled. God Bless. Bro. Daryl

2005/5/9 15:59Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re: What Have You Discovered On SI?

I have discovered that in the last few weeks how a spirit of unity has once again taken hold here at SI.

The biting and devouring seems to have dissipated and hopefully I speak for many others when I say it has been most welcomed and encouraging.

The downloads are a source of spiritual nutrition in what otherwise could be widespread famine for so many.

And as such we are thankful !!!

God bless,
tony

2005/5/9 16:42Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
I have discovered that in the last few weeks how a spirit of unity has once again taken hold here at SI. The biting and devouring seems to have dissipated and hopefully I speak for many others when I say it has been most welcomed and encouraging.

There was biting and devouring on SI? I think I like the saying, "Ignorance is bliss." Honestly... I like to stay out of the "war zones". I know I can't handle venturing into those topics. So I don't.

[i]"... brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on [u]these[/u] things" (Philippians 4:8).[/i]

Quote:
The downloads are a source of spiritual nutrition in what otherwise could be widespread famine for so many.

Another one I highly recommend is:

[b]Downloads[/b]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4633]The Word of God[/url] [i]by Keith Daniel[/i]
[b]Description:[/b] How important is it to read the Word of God? How often should we read it? Should it have a priority in our lives? In this sermon, you will discover not only just how important it is to read God's Word, but that we should also be hungering and thirsting after our devotional, one-on-one time with the Lord. "Sin will keep me from the Bible, but the Bible will keep me from sin."

2005/5/10 14:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

Quote:
"... brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things" (Philippians 4:8).

Great topic and scripture :-) I really love your heart Yolanda, these are some great resources you are sharing and I know it will bless many. Personally I have been touched very deeply by the Interview of Leonard Ravenhill video, you will have to watch it!

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/ravenhill_vid3.gif[/img]

[b]Downloads[/b]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video)[/url] [i]by Leonard Ravenhill[/i]
[b]Description:[/b] I was blessed personally by this recording about 2 years ago and in result I have been led to start this online ministry primarly to spread the message of revival that characterized the life of Leonard Ravenhill. I cannot emphasize enough the spiritual revolution this video interview of this men of God has had on my life. I pray it has the same impact on yours. God Bless you as you strive to hear the words of God in a day that they are scarce. In this video there are 2 fellows that are interviewing Leonard Ravenhill but primarly they just let him share his heart on revival and different men of God used in the past, many of who Ravenhill met or listened to as a child.

Anybody else got any good sermons that have really touched you and you have found on SI?

2005/5/10 14:30Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Honestly Speaking

That everyone is different, some are more tolerant of others, others tolerate knowone, most love Jesus, some pay lipservice.

And most of all that we fail to realise that we are on a public forum.

2005/5/10 15:26Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
Personally I have been touched very deeply by the Interview of Leonard Ravenhill video, you will have to watch it!

Well, I was watching it while I was working on our church's website. But at about half way through, right when he was searching for a verse in 1 Corinthians, my Windows Media Player experienced an error. So I tried downloading the video to my desktop to watch in Quicktime... but the download was unsuccesful. [i]However[/i], what I did hear and watch, was a blessing.

There were some notes I jotted down, and specific quotes that I liked, but overall, what I believe [i]God[/i] spoke to my heart while watching this video was to really take overcoming the little things in my life seriously,

[i]"To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who [have nothing] are unfaithful, even what little they have will be taken away" (Matthew 25:29),[/i]

and to be more of a woman of prayer. Even through some experiences this weekend, I believe God revealed to me that I'm weak in the area of enduring prayer. I can throw up prayers here and there throughout the day, and because of God's exceeding goodness, He's answered almost every one so quickly. But my prayer life needs to be excerised more. I need to learn to prevail in prayer. To dedicate more in prayer than in the strength of my own flesh. I honestly need to get my eyes off how I wish the church would change and what not, and just focus on God's examination of my own heart. There's a bunch of little things at home, at work, and at church that I could be more faithful in, and there's much more that I could faithfully, fervently, and through endurance, commit to prayer. This is an area I want to dedicate to God today, and I will tonight when I'm off work and I can seek Him undistracted.

Specifically concerning what Leonard Ravenhill was discussing, I took the topic of "true conversion" to heart. This is something I would like to see improve and change in Christianity today. Something to commit to prayer. Something to continue to live out in my own life. There were other things... but I don't want to take up too much more posting space.

If you guys have the time, I recommend you watch this video too. Prayerfully be open to and consider what God may want to speak to your heart through this interview.

2005/5/10 17:55Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

TonyS wrote:
The biting and devouring seems to have dissipated and hopefully I speak for many others when I say it has been most welcomed and encouraging.

I guess, even an online community is an attractor of "ravenous wolves" (funnily, that is what many of them accuse us of being;-)). The beauity of this place, is for every ten wolves that come in, at least one is transformed into a lamb in the process (And I hope, that I can consider myself to be living proof), while the others leave.

2005/5/10 20:57Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=598]A Call to Anguish[/url] [i]by David Wilkerson[/i]
[b]Description:[/b] This message is a call for all Believers to allow the anguish of God's heart for His Church and the world, into their own. Be prepared to be stirred by the Holy Spirit. You will truly never be the same!

I got to listen to this sermon yesterday in almost its entirity. I had about 10 minutes left, but he was about to end in prayer. I really love David Wilkerson's broken, caring and compassionate heart. One of the quotes that stood out to me was [i][b]"All true passion comes from anguish."[/b][/i] Listening to this sermon yesterday, coupled together with watching the Leonard Ravenhill Interview, really made me hunger and thirst more for prayer, and worked in my heart a willingness to want to be more faithful in the little things, in practical day to day ministry. So both of these resources greatly impacted me yesterday, and I am truly thankful for the work God continues to do in my heart and life.

2005/5/11 14:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

That is awesome what God is showing you and leading into a deeper urgency and life of prayer with Him. I pray that He continues that work!

[b]Aaron[/b]

Quote:
The beauity of this place, is for every ten wolves that come in, at least one is transformed into a lamb in the process (And I hope, that I can consider myself to be living proof), while the others leave.

I love you brother, you definetly are a precious brother who the Lord has used and will continue to do so. I am glad that the Lord led you to this site! How marvelous are God's works!

2005/5/11 15:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy