SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : When A Moderator Fails and Makes Mistakes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 When A Moderator Fails and Makes Mistakes

Saints,

I have wanted to write this post over the last few weeks and felt led to do so now. The Lord has had me involved in running this website for almost 14 years now, for the first few years I never considered it ministry or anything special. Many times I thought is this website impacting anyone's life? But surely the Lord confirmed and showed it was and that it was important to many believers growth in the Lord. I remember starting off on my knees before a computer saying to the Lord that I had no idea how to run a server and do this! I still don't really know how to do many things and find myself in the same place 14 years later!

God has had great mercy on me though my many failings in my Christian life and choices towards the ministry. I have sought to be sincere in all things and be simple-minded towards my devotion to Jesus. Yet still I have made many mistakes and have sinned many times in my dealing with others, not praying before situations, taking action when the Lord could have worked on my behalf and a myriad of other failings.

As a moderator on the website I have failed believers many times to not be impartial, to not show the great love of Christ to others and to at times seek to justify myself even.

Through the almost 14 years we have had to ask some saints to leave the website forums and also had to just simply delete accounts that were very abusive or blatant spam, etc. But there have been some situations where there were differences between strong brothers, and at times I have seen that these situations could have been handled better or more christ-like from myself.

Recently 2 situations happened that I know the Lord could have helped me to and these brothers more and I feel a failing on my part to show the love of Christ and fruits of the spirit.

Brother Frank (appolus) was asked to leave the website for his writings.

Brother Joe (Jeremy221) and myself had a disagreement over my writings.

I have asked forgiveness from both brothers and publicly wanted to let saints know this.

As a moderator I have failed and probably will continue to make mistakes, but my desire is that Christ would continue to change me into His image that I would serve better and make many less.

I have and continue to learn so much from the grace and character of many on the forums here on SermonIndex.

2015/10/12 13:14Profile

Re: When A Moderator Fails and Makes Mistakes

I sense the sweet savor of Christ.

I have nothing but love for you, brother.

Thank you for saying this, and thank you for serving the Body of Christ.

2015/10/12 13:41
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Praise God for your humbleness. Not trying to push you but will Frank be allowed (and any others) to come back?

God bless you, Greg,
Lisa

2015/10/12 15:02Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Lord, help each one of us on this. My failings are on display every time I open my mouth, set foot on the floor in the mornings, etc. Forgive me for foolishness and arrogance, Lord.

Give us contrition and brokenness and humble submission to one another, especially if we've been somehow wronged. Thaw our hearts and warm our affections to one another with Your love, Jesus.

2015/10/12 15:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Not trying to push you but will Frank be allowed (and any others) to come back?

Sister, we are asking if Neil and Blaine would want to come back to the forums. Brother Frank told me he has decided not to come back as the Lord has called him to write on his personal blog, etc.

2015/10/12 15:12Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

I have also had so many failings, dear brother. Many of them under the pretense of godly wisdom, which, very often was but only a whitewash for wanting people to see things my way and agree with my convictions. I didn't see it so much then as I do now. Which is partly why I've stepped back and remain there.

Spiritual leadership can be insidious in matters of authority, pretend or otherwise. But how I love my friends here! Seasons come and go in our walks with God, and I thank Him for the good and bad in all things, for knowledge can be gleaned from both; especially from our shortcomings and embarrassments. It's all about how the lessons are processed and then assimilated into whatever current season we now find ourselves.

I love you my dear brother. You've done a very wonderful job here. Your faithfulness in the tasks of God at SermonIndex is both awe-inspiring and humbling.

2015/10/12 15:16Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Greg,

On many occasions you have shown much
patience and restraint. We have not always
agreed on everything, but by the grace of
God I am still here.

I appreciate your honesty and humility in
taking the path that is not easy. I respect
you more today for confessing your
shortcomings.

I praise God for this ministry and believe
that the Lord is using it for His glory
and will continue to do so as we seek
the good of the Body and the glory of the
Lord.

2015/10/12 15:18Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for your humble spirit, Bro Greg....You mentioned Jeremy221....will he be back? I have been very blessed by the sermons he would recommend. And also Mary Jane? She always had such insightful comments....you don't owe me an answer, just wondering....

I am so very grateful for Sermon Index....many are watching...Thank you for all you do!

2015/10/12 16:23Profile
dohzman

LIFE Happens

Rev 11:5
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Rev 11:6
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

I think that when we all get to heaven that we are all in for a real surprise. It seems that maybe our Puritan background may have brought with it some watered down version of what exactly a "Real Christian" is. God certainly uses human emotion maybe with the fruit of meekness, that is power in control...power is also authority....it was the meek Jesus who tied the cords He would later use to drive out the money changers from the Temple and I do not at all view the sanitized version of Jesus when it came to dealing with demons or Pharisees. NOTE PLEASE That I am not calling anyone either here but making generic references to actions done by Jesus and us at times.

In leadership sometimes the best we can do is trust in the grace of God to cover our UN-comely parts and know that we will have days where we just miss it, that is life, didn't Calvin have those he disagreed with martyred ? Anyway just a note or as in this case a public apology , I guess is more than enough, who was it D L Moody I think , that said the circle of repentance should only be as large as the circle infraction or wrong doing, if indeed it was wrong doing, that is between you and the Lord, the rest of us are really outside looking in. I personally do not post much on here anymore because the follow through is sometimes difficult due to the time it takes, I have read some stuff on here over the silent years and wanted to say something but just did not have the time. Greg I believe you have done a good job but in the end you answer to Jesus and no one else, bro., so God Bless, God Speed. Brother DMiller

2015/10/12 18:31Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re: LIFE Happens

Greg,

Thank you for your example of sincere leadership in meekness and humility. I'm sure you weren't expecting a ton of comments and thank you's but it truly is rare to see public displays of humility. There is nothing like it to melt away contention and disarm everyone. This really ministers to my own heart. Very refreshing to see you walking in the Gospel, reaching out your hands and not taking in to consideration your own reputation but truly just desiring to honor the Lord and do what He has placed on your conscience. I see much grace flowing to you on account of this. Love you brother.

-Kevin

2015/10/12 18:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy