SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Re: Sanctified Motherhood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re: Sanctified Motherhood

"There are many who know that they are not called to the work of preaching. If then they think that the baptism with the Holy Spirit simply imparts power as an evangelist, or power to preach, the matter of the baptism with the Holy Spirit is one of no personal concern to them. For example, here is a mother with a large family of children. She knows perfectly well, or at least it is hoped that she knows, that she is not called to do the work of an evangelist. She knows that her duty lies with her children and her home. If she reads or hears about the baptism with the Holy Spirit, and gets the impression that the baptism with the Holy Spirit simply imparts power to do the work of an evangelist, or to preach, she will think “The evangelist needs this blessing, my minister needs this blessing, but it is not for me”; but if she understands the matter as it is taught in the Bible, that while the baptism with the Spirit imparts power, the way in which the power will be manifested depends entirely upon the line of work to which God calls us, and that no efficient work can be done without it, and sees still further that there is no function in the church of Jesus Christ to-day more holy and sacred than that of sanctified motherhood, she will say, “The evangelist may need this baptism, my minister may need this baptism; but I must have it to bring up my children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”

- R.A. Torrey

Father, Lord of heaven and earth, grant us your daughters power from on high to be faithful witnesses in our homes. We need it more than ever in these last days, and you are still able, in the midst of our failings, to do 'exceedingly, abundantly above all we ask or think'. Pour out your Spirit upon us and fill us with the fruits of righteousness that are through Christ alone. We ask it in the name of Jesus for the sake of the precious little ones that you have entrusted to us. Amen.

2015/10/9 23:48Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I would have to say AMEN not only in the specific case of motherhood that was used as an example here, but in the case of plumbers, bus drivers, CEO's, or any other calling in life. We are all part of the body of Christ, we are all vitally important, and we all must supply as the Holy Spirit works through us. Lord, let us all be filled with Your Holy Spirit and walk empowered by the grace that you have given to us. (Eph. 4)

2015/10/13 15:04Profile

Re:

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Jesus did not tell only the Evangelists to wait for the promise of the Father. He told everyone to wait. No where in the Bible does it say that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is only for Evangelists.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

We are all called to overcome, all called to be "witnesses" all commanded to wait for the "promise of the Father".

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not an end in itself but only a door to the overcoming life and the deeper life in the Spirit.

2015/10/13 19:05

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy