SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God has provided deliverance... TO WORSHIP HIM

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

God has provided deliverance... TO WORSHIP HIM

Something that meant a lot to me this morning as I read... “During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.” (Exo. 2:23-25) The very next thing it goes in to is Moses being raised up by God.

I was thinking how that shadow is true in reality for us today. God hears the groans and cries for help when we find ourselves in slavery/bondage. He remembers the covenant He made with His beloved Son. He looks on us and is concerned about us (incredible as that is). He has prepared our deliverance and the victory is already won. No one who looks to the Son will ever be put to shame. He IS our way out. May we continue to explore the riches and freedom He has already provided for us, that He might be lifted up and shine forth from our lives.

Some more things that struck me as I was reading in Exodus... Pharaoh has just increased the workload of the Israelites in response to Moses asking for them to be let go. Moses goes back to God, and God reassures him of His promises for deliverance. “Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and cruel bondage.” (Exo. 6:9)

May I not be found guilty of “not listening” to God because of discouragement or bondages. There are battles to be won to live in the deliverance God has provided, but I need to fix my eyes on Him and listen to His voice. Also, ‘...This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.’ (Exo. 8:20) May I never forget the ENTIRE purpose for which God has provided deliverance... TO WORSHIP HIM!!!! A simple thought, but very profound to me today.

(i have read this over a few times now and each time it speaks to me just a little bit more. God hears my groans and pleas, there is victory in Him. My heart, my eyes, my life must remain in Him, my focus must be on and in Christ and not the circumstance around me. God is faithful, He keeps His promises there is no doubt in that so I have no excuse, no reason to give in to sin of discouragement, or fear. My reality is to walk by faith in Him knowing the battle is one and that He has time and time again brought me to a place of victory. Then to be reminded its all about Him!! to worship and praise my Lord and King! good stuff just wanted to share RDG)

2015/10/9 11:27Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re: God has provided deliverance... TO WORSHIP HIM

Praise The Lord! RDG are these your thoughts or are you quoting someone?

Either way, thank you for taking the time to share this.

Greatly needed this reminder tonight:

"Some more things that struck me as I was reading in Exodus... Pharaoh has just increased the workload of the Israelites in response to Moses asking for them to be let go. Moses goes back to God, and God reassures him of His promises for deliverance. “Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement..."

May I not be found guilty of “not listening” to God because of discouragement or bondages. There are battles to be won to live in the deliverance God has provided, but I need to fix my eyes on Him and listen to His voice..."

Amen.

Lord, help our unbelief and quicken us to fix our eyes on You, rather than our circumstances. Teach us to worship you in Spirit and truth and to endure 'as seeing Him who is invisible'!

2015/10/10 0:40Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Also, this reminder from the post:

"He has prepared our deliverance and the victory is already won. No one who looks to the Son will ever be put to shame. He IS our way out."

Amen. HalleluYah.

"...Just worship the Lord! In sickness, worship the Lord! In sorrow, worship the Lord! In trial, worship the Lord! In suffering, fall down and worship! He is moving in His own divine mystery, fulfilling His will. And whatever He allows, it is divinely related to this holy thing that is taking place...that will be revealed in its time and He will be glorified!" H. Hammond

2015/10/10 0:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy