SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Blessings at Midnight

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Blessings at Midnight

The earth turns on its axis. Midnight is the moment when a part of the earth is the farthest away from the sun. Spiritual midnight is the period of the greatest departure of men from God. Today our generation has experienced unmentionable events in a midnight of unparalleled darkness. But midnight is not received with the same feelings by the children of God as by the world. At midnight, the firstborn of the Egyptians died, but the chosen people obtained their freedom.

The Lord said, "The night comes when no man can work" (John 9:4). But whenever something is declared impossible in the Bible, this does not refer to the faithful. About them Jesus declared, " All things are possible to him that believes" (Mark 9:23).

God's people can work even at midnight. It was at midnight that Samson took the gates of the city of Gaza (Judges 16:3). At midnight, Ruth received from Boaz the promise, " I will do to you all that you require" (Ruth 3:8-11). At midnight, Paul and Silas won for the Lord the jailer of Philippi (Acts 16:25). At midnight, the people of God do their greatest exploits. Therefore, the psalmist says, "At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee" (Psalm 119:62).

Christians must not be afraid of the darkness in the world. They must work. The Bridegroom comes soon. True children of God cannot meet Him empty-handed.

Richard Wurmbrand

2015/10/7 18:31Profile

Re: Blessings at Midnight

Amen! Love Wurmbrand. A Christian should not fear man nor devil

2015/10/7 18:55
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I probably needed to read that more than anyone here today. Even if not, I am thankful for it.

2015/10/7 19:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

amen. tremendous word.

2015/10/7 19:02Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Blessings at Midnight

Leave it to Richard Wurmbrand! What a compelling study!
Thanks for sharing this.

Russ

2015/10/8 8:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy