Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rules to verify digital information

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

proud papa wrote,

"I am agreement that Gods Justice is not Obligated to show Mercy."

God was not, is not and will never be obligated to do a single thing that He does not either will of Himself or covenant Himself with blood.

If we could just get a remnant to believe that simple truth the Church might be let out of the corner.

marcmc

2015/10/9 13:23
proudpapa

Re:

RE:///If we could just get a remnant to believe that simple truth the Church might be let out of the corner.///

It does away with boasting.

What was your thoughts on reidheads 10 shekels and a shirt ?

It seems that men whom are doctrinally opposit often times still reach the same Spirtual truths

2015/10/9 13:30Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : ///Then you don't understand it.
marcmc///

I could critigue it, because he mentioned Calvin, Synod of Dort ect.

Calvin, the Synod of Dort, Luther, Augustine, Zwingly, Winthrop and others Got very carried away with Doctrinal dogma and it lead to strife ,wars ,murder, divisions. etc.

All of the above men and groups got carried away with doctrinal dogma and acted in ways very contrary to the teachings of my New Testament.

2015/10/9 14:13Profile

Re:

Proud papa wrote

"All of the above men and groups got carried away with doctrinal dogma and acted in ways very contrary to the teachings of my New Testament."

I agree 100%

But that has zero effect on the doctrine itself. The dismiss the message because of the errors made by the messengers is a common argument that Athiests also raise. They say that because TV evangelists get caught with cash and the secretary we can right off Christianity completely. It usually goes like this "because a person believes A, and acted in a manner B, then we can conclude A is bogus"

Misapplication of the rules governing electricity by an electrician does not negate the rules of electricity. Because a person drives his car 20 KM over the speed limit and drives into a street pole does not mean that we take all the cars off the road.

marcmc

2015/10/9 14:41
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///But that has zero effect on the doctrine itself. The dismiss the message because of the errors made by the messengers is a common argument....///

I believe there is Spirtual truth that can be derived from that message (add: It was the message that made a great impact on Jonathan Edwards) but there are also those whom hold very opposite doctrinal views such as Finny, Reidhead etc that ultimately also seem to lead men to Christ.
That was why I asked you : "What was your thoughts on Reidheads 10 shekels and a shirt ?"

2015/10/9 16:33Profile

Re:

I was mentored by an old time Penticostal. I heard redheads sermon on here years ago and at one time owned several hundred similar messages from great preachers on cassette.

The doctrine a preacher has will have zero effect on the harvesting of souls. To understand election is to understand that the evangelist plays a very small role. The Elect simply are awakened to the truth from the dead. The evangelist does not have to have even heard the doctrine to see a large number saved under their ministry. You should have heard the message I had presented to me. The guy had been saved a week and three days later I had an open vision.

The greatest effect the doctrine of election has is not soul winning but in setting the convert free from self effort. I am constantly hearing and meeting believers that are in all kinds of sins and defeat behind closed doors. The root of this is the Religous nature that seems to be innate in humans. When a person understands they where ordained to be a child of God from before the foundations of the world their heart explodes with rightousness peace and joy as an effortless response because that's the gospel and that's what the good news does.

marcmc

2015/10/9 17:21
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

marc-

do you know if there is a transcript of this message out there? I can read it quicker than I can listen to it.

I'll google it to see.

But based on the title I have some trepidation.

2015/10/9 17:22Profile

Re:

TMK,

Considering the thread title it might not be good for your to proceed with Trepidation.

marcmc

2015/10/9 17:39
proudpapa

Re:

marcmc wrote RE:///I was mentored by an old time Penticostal. I heard redheads sermon on here years ago and at one time owned several hundred similar messages from great preachers on cassette.
The doctrine a preacher has will have zero effect on the harvesting of souls. To understand election is to understand that the evangelist plays a very small role. The Elect simply are awakened to the truth from the dead. The evangelist does not have to have even heard the doctrine to see a large number saved under their ministry. You should have heard the message I had presented to me. The guy had been saved a week and three days later I had an open vision.
The greatest effect the doctrine of election has is not soul winning but in setting the convert free from self effort. I am constantly hearing and meeting believers that are in all kinds of sins and defeat behind closed doors. The root of this is the Religous nature that seems to be innate in humans. When a person understands they where ordained to be a child of God from before the foundations of the world their heart explodes with rightousness peace and joy as an effortless response because that's the gospel and that's what the good news does.///

very good.

The reason I mentioned Reidhead was because he mentioned a method that sets the convert free from self effort.
the doctrine though some may argue as being dogmaticaly different I believe leads to the same Spiritual result.

2015/10/9 17:57Profile
dohzman

marcmc Dr Boice

Good message, I really enjoyed listening to it. There are some messages you hear that seem to pull you back 30 years and remind you of a time when it seemed like your faith was uncluttered and simple. That s what that did for me.

2015/10/9 22:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy