SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rules to verify digital information

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Re: Steak

Hi Dohzman

Yeah, i was taught similar methods, i always expect parts of a sermon that are not for me and parts that are. some steaks have more meat then others but as you said praying before hand has led me in the right direction as well and i do venture into different types of sermons especially when they cause a stir as i like to make my own thoughts on the subject.

2015/10/9 0:52Profile

Re: Steak

dohzman,

Dr Boice was one of the last great reform preachers of this hour. As dear as his teaching is to me it is still apparent that from Barnhouse to him the plane was descending.

If what he says in this message is true and I absolutely believe it is. It would more than qualify as what the great falling away that Paul spoke about really is. The church is a thousand miles off course from this.

This message is the start point of our faith or it is the greatest evil and lie ever spoken by man. There is zero middle ground. I absolutely love it.

http://pushinguptulips.com/wp-content/audio/Election.mp3

marcmc

2015/10/9 11:27

Re:

In keeping with the theme of the thread. I'm a reader and used to run a used Christian book buisness so my personal collection and the thousands of books I sold have exposed me to a wide range of teachings and ministries.

Today I still watch very closely what is being printed in books. I first check the publisher because it's 90% of the story. Publishers print what fits their core beliefs. The second thing I do is read the entire bibliography, I want to see who the writer is referencing and then I will block read from various points in the book. I like to know what the church is reading and this is a fast way to keep current. There is a Bible thrift store near me and I buy then hand back in about 20 books a month.

My own personal reading consists primarily or Reform and Puritan, dead authors who for the most part never set foot in NA and were not infected by its careless ease. These guys hit my heart like a sledge hammer.

marcmc

2015/10/9 11:57
proudpapa

Re:

RE:///This message is the start point of our faith or it is the greatest evil and lie ever spoken by man. There is zero middle ground. I absolutely love it.///

What is an interesting experience is to stand and listen to a couple of Spirit filled Anabaptist conversate with A Spirit filled Calvinist, both of whom have been very influential in my life.

Doctrinal dogma historically has lead to strife ,wars ,murder, divisions. etc

2015/10/9 12:39Profile

Re:

Proud papa,

Did you listen to the sermon.

Boice is the one who leaves no middle ground.

FTR I'm not talking about a men's breakfast, I can chit chat with any believer. I used to vist a Catholic book store where the owner and I would talk about the Lord for hours once a month. We did this for years.

As for the divisions that arise if the nuts and bolts of the gospel are preached, well one needs look no farther than the ministry of Jesus or Paul. The true message of the Kingdom is hated not welcomed.

marcmc

2015/10/9 13:00
proudpapa

Re:

I am listened to it.

I could defend it and I could critique it.

2015/10/9 13:06Profile

Re:

Then you don't understand it.

marcmc

2015/10/9 13:08
proudpapa

Re:

I am agreement that Gods Justice is not Obligated to show Mercy.

What does the FTR acronym stand for ?

2015/10/9 13:12Profile

Re:

For The Record.

I'm curious, do actually know an Anabaptist?

marcmc

2015/10/9 13:14
proudpapa

Re:

When I was referring to standing and listening to a couple of Spirit filled Anabaptist conversate with A Spirit filled Calvinist,

I was not talking about a men's breakfast either.

Men like Spurgeon where intune enough to recogonize men like George Fox as true brethren.

2015/10/9 13:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy