Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Eschatology I hate this subject

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Eschatology I hate this subject

Karl, I am sorry to hear that you hate this subject, but can understand it also: the arguing that usually follows a discussion about eschatology. And what else makes it so difficult are all the other writings out there which serves more to confuse then edify.

I love the book of Revelation: it is my favorite New Testament book. I will not read any other commentary on the book, magazine article or book. There is a promise to those who read it, and those who hear and heed the word of this prophecy (Rev. 1:3). Now since there is a blessing in the reading, would not make sense that it is the devil that is working hard to prevent this from happening by creating confusion and discouraging people from reading it?

My suggestion for you is to approach the book prayerfully, asking for Holy Spirit illumination and read it for its own sake. Don't think you have to understand what era of time this portion is referring to. Just read and visulize what John saw. All the book is is the telling of a vision. Now what is so hard to understand about that? Then ask yourself this question: what does his portion teach me about the nature of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit? Profound lessons there.

Blessings to you Karl. Try it and then let us know what happens.
Ginnyrose

2005/5/10 10:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: shall so come in like manner

O Lord that thou would show ...
Fresh eyes to see
Fresh ears to hear
Emptied of self
That the heart and the mind might recieve You...

And the scroll was opened and the eyes fell to...

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ"...

...which God gave [b]Him[/b] to show His [i]servants[/i]-

things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His [b]servant[/b]......... John,

[i][b]who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to [u]all[/u] things that he saw.[/b][/i]

Blessed [u]is[/u] he who [b]reads[/b] and [u]those[/u] who [b]hear[/b] the ..... [i][b]words of [u]this[/u] prophecy[/b][/i],..... and [u]keep[/u] those [i]things[/i] which are written in it; for the time is near. (NKJV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and [b]the prince of the kings of the earth[/b]...

[i]Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see [b]not yet[/b] all things put under him.[/i]

.... Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 1:7 [b]Behold, he cometh with clouds;[/b]....

Act 1:9 [i][b] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.[/b][/i]

Act 1:11 [i] Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, [b]shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.[/b][/i]

Isa 51:6 [i][b] Lift up your eyes to the heavens[/b], and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.[/i]

...and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. {KJV}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

[b]Knowing this first[/b], that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And [b]saying, Where is the promise of his coming?[/b]....

[i]Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you,[b] I will come again, and receive you unto myself;[/b] that where I am, there ye may be also.[/i]

... for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

[i]For [u]this[/u][/i] they [i][b][u]willingly[/u] are ignorant of, that by the word of God[/b][/i] the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, [b]which are now[/b], by the same word are kept in store, [b][u]reserved[/b][/u] unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2Pe 3:1-7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, [u]which is[/u], and [u]which was[/u], and [b][u]which is to come[/u][/b], the Almighty.

2005/5/10 10:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy