SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : pray for people group: Christian aid mission work in south asia

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

pray for people group: Christian aid mission work in south asia

Christian Aid Mission Work in South Asia
Oct 01, 2015 01:00 am
Today's Devotional

1 Peter 2:11-12, NET "Dear friends, I urge you as foreigners and exiles to keep away from fleshly desires that do battle against the soul, and maintain good conduct among the non-Christians, so that though they now malign you as wrongdoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God when He appears."

In today’s prayer entry, we met a South Asian believer who is able to make sure that good deeds are understood. Though some accuse him of “converting” people through bribery or force, the fruit of his labor is obvious. There was not enough room to describe the schools and children’s homes established by his work.

Pray that the Hindus and Muslims of South Asia will understand the difference between religious conversion and conversion of the heart.

Today's People Group

The air was tense and the question from a Delhi TV reporter was icy. How would Sakar, this leader of an evangelistic ministry, respond now? They had just asked him if “conversions” should be allowed. His response amazed them. “I am not only against forced conversions, but also against religious conversions. Christianity is not a religion, a man-made cosmology with a set of duties; but it is faith in a Person. Jesus never taught about religious conversions, but instead He taught about conversion of the heart.” The reporter then asked, “Do you convert people?” He chuckled and replied, “I cannot convert anyone. I teach from the Bible, and I share what I believe, but it’s Jesus who converts people.” Then the reporter asked what Sakar meant about “heart” conversion. He responded that Hinduism’s concept of dharma implies that you must first have right behavior and duties (good works get you to heaven). Christianity, by contrast, is first and foremost a faith from which good works follow. By explaining these things, Sakar (not his real name) built bridges. He has told Hindus and Muslims in South Asia about sharing Christ’s blessings rather than erecting barriers. The results have included the training of 127 indigenous workers, and the planting of 200 churches, ten of which are among an unreached people group we prayed for in August.

Pray for workers to operate with tact and truth as they explain the ways of the One who came not to be served, but to serve others by going to the cross to pay for our sin.

2015/10/2 7:49

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy