Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : fellowship of believers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Theophila

Re:

Not sure the intent of your post but....
Part of the ministry of the 'awesome Holy Spirit actively working within and among' us is that He leads us into ALL truth....including leading us out of everything that is not of Christ.

2015/9/30 13:35Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi

for me unless i can walk amongst these churches that are lost to the holy spirit, then my past is for nothing and the skills and insight i have learnt is useless.

I still see the holy spirit working in churches but often times people are interpreting this as the enemy because it draws them to the thrashing floor which contradicts their foundations.

For God to prepare the good ground in people that have been deceived, he needs to open the ear, dig out the rocks and pull the weeds. I went through this after i was saved and it hurt because all of my foundations in teachings had to be torn down.

I thought i knew what the Gospel was asking of me because of what i allowed preachers to teach me, the main aspect that brought me to the true Gospel was the law and where i stood in this area with God. when i truly understood what kind of vile creature i was before God, it was with full amazement and tears that because of Jesus, God now saw me differently to i was "Amazing grace" had a new meaning to me.
The holy spirit leads people to truth even if it hurts our flesh to allow our spirit to grow in Christ and to steer us away from hell. This stopped self-righteousness in me and gave me a deeper passion for the lost.

there is a famine in the word amongst many churches and instead of seeking an understand of scripture through scripture and the holy spirit. many seek the answers through the pulpit and commentaries only, never learning to walk through the word with the holy spirit themselves, this is a practice that has been neglected over the last hundred years and i very rarely come a cross people today that still do this. 20 yrs ago i knew heaps of people that studied this way and they had solid foundations in Christ. and yet as i have visited many off these same denominations today, i have only found one person that relies on the holy spirit like this. it was reported to me that in non western countries these old ways of learning are thriving and the congregations grow in the spirit. whats interesting is that they do not have fancy bands, in there church or the wealth to have all the mods and cons but they are wealthy in spirit.

2015/9/30 18:48Profile

Re:

Quote:
Not sure the intent of your post but....
Part of the ministry of the 'awesome Holy Spirit actively working within and among' us is that He leads us into ALL truth....including leading us out of everything that is not of Christ.

Amen!!

2015/9/30 19:20

Re:

Matthew 6:2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

There it is! The absolute easiest command that Jesus gave. I explained it to all my children with a demonstration of a quarter in one hand and the other hand behind my back when they were little children and every one of them got it.

Proverbs 22:6Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:99He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

I have personally found this to be the core of my families financial success and yet there is virtually no Christians who obey it and forgive me but the overwhelming majority of believers I have met in 25 years are broke or in debt or financial time bombs.

Proverbs22:7The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

Jesus taught mammon was a far bigger concern to His people than Satan and of course it's true. But what does every Church in the modern world do.

Day one they go to the Government and sign over control of their money
Day two, apply for non profit statis.
Day three get the requirement list they must obey to keep their statis
Day four open the doors and tell everybody they have this statis.
Day five get you to write your name and record your giving
Day six total all your giving and tell the government
Day seven hold an open annual meeting to tell everybody in the church how much they got and what they did with it which also usually contains the giving they gave to other non profit organsiations.
Day eight sent you a tax receipt that you file with the government yourself in order to get your tax credit for donations.

Day nine your church stays broke, you stay broke, you have received your blessing from the government and Gods word is proven true. You have received your blessing in full from the cheap hand of man instead of the infinite supply of the Father because the church and believers are unwilling to obey the easiest command the Lord Jesus gave us.

marcmc

2015/10/1 11:07

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy