SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd,
The answer is in short based on our yielding (free choice) to it (Gods sovereignty). Which preassumes not only having met Him but also living by His word which is Christ, hence Paul says for me to live IS CHRIST! Because he/Paul was acting in accordance with his personal directive given him by God which is why he could have confidence toward God in his travels/persecution.
So I believe the "line" is exactly where Gods will crosses ours and if we yield to His will then we are citizens of His kingdom and have the full expectation of protection, provision and security while under His command having faith/certainty that everything pertaining to life and godliness is included Just as a soldier has faith that everything needed to carry out the mission given him by his CO is included in his equipping. Now if this soldier acts independently of his orders but nonetheless bares the uniform and armaments under the guise of the authority of his King then he is a rouge agent, and as he is committing treason is now an enemy of the state where once he was an enlisted soldier,
I believe we have a massive problem with soilders acting apart from their orders under the guise of the states authority in the pulpits.
Note in Matt 7 Jesus says "not everyone who cries unto me lord lord shall enter my kingdom" and you can't have a kingdom without a king and a kings word is sovereign within the boundaries of his kingdom.

2015/10/1 19:25Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Would it be too rude for me to break in,..just a little ?

If so,..Please forgive.

My thoughts:

Jesus is The Seed of His Father,God.
(The Word / Spirit of God that impregnated Mary.)

God,we know is Spirit,is EVERYWHERE.

Jn.3:34,..For whomever God hath sent speaketh The Words of God; for God giveth not The Spirit by measure unto Him,..it is measured out to us,as we have need of / hunger after.

So,It flows right from God,through Him,The Son.,...for the very moment.
No hesitation

Lovingly,
elizabeth

2015/10/1 19:30Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Not sure I see an answer to what I asked proudpapa.///

RE: ///I understand it's unpopular here but hundreds of thousands of people went to hell and I was simply asking "proudpapa" his take on why!///

Romans 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

If they had sin imputed to them It is because they held truth.

2015/10/1 19:38Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yes Sister Elizabeth!!!
That is exactly the same spirit that is available to us when we are not concerned with the civilian affairs of this world.

1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

Lawfully here (I understand) means under orders of his CO= Holy Spirit

2015/10/1 19:44Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Todd wrote;
" Jesus did not access his divinity during his earthly ministry. Phil. 2 says he emptied himself- not of divinity but of his divine attributes.

Everything he did he did by the power of the HS."

Yes!!!! that is exactly the point of this line of questioning, as I alluded to earlier- there are many in ministry that are not doing in the power of the Holy Spirit but in their own power (rouge agents) and since the gifts are without repentance they appear to be godly but are denying the power. Which has led to the mess we currently find ourselves in here in NA and the problem is we are exporting corruption/humanism around the world under the guise of the gospel but it's not THE GOSPEL which is the power of God unto salvation.
I believe this is what brother Julius was talking about... Unless I'm missing the thrust of his writings.

2015/10/1 19:58Profile

Re:

Luke 7:22
Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

"His name, "Immanuel, God with us" (7:14). Unveiled glory would have blinded the humanity he came to serve and to save.

Neither Christ's divinity, nor His Divine attributes, nor the use of those attributes, nor His glory, was in any way emptied. Rather, these were "concealed under a veil of flesh." There is a distinct difference between emptying and concealing. If I were on a family vacation, and if I carried all my money in my wallet, I'd much prefer that my wallet be concealed than emptied. There is a big difference

But even during this third time period Christ did reveal His glory. Luke writes: "And some eight days after these sayings, it came about that He took along Peter and John and James, and went up to the mountain to pray. And while He was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah, who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. Now Peter and his companions had been overcome with sleep; but when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men standing with Him. And it came about, as these were parting from Him, Peter said to Jesus, 'Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah' not realizing what he was saying." (Lk. 9:28-33)."

Read more about unbiblical views of KENOSIS
http://kenosis.info/index.shtml

Different topic:

Quote:
if we yield to His will then we are citizens of His kingdom and have the full expectation of protection, provision and security while under His command

What kind of protection, provision and security are you referring to?

Those three words are perfect, but can you elaborate on the nature of them?

2015/10/1 21:02
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Julius,
Well I suppose I have a dif understanding of the deity than you seem to.

But I'd love to respond to your request and I thank you for the opportunity and continued patience:)

So just as in psalms 23
"he maketh me to lie down in green pastures" (provision)
"he leadeth me by still waters" (security)
"he prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies (protection)

Also with Joshua entering the promised land to face the "giants" we likewise see these in place/action.

More recently with David Wilkerson confronting Nicky Cruz on his on turf again we see them.
This is not to say that we would not be delivered up and meet with our physical death while under the sovereign hand of God, however we can know if it happens it was His will to glorify Himself in that way and we like Christ, because of the joy set before us (pleasing God) endure the hardship and with perfect peace lay our lives down for the pleasure of His good will and we have confidence/faith/certainty because our will is yielded to His directive in love and not our own will.
Now some are persecuted/killed for their own ideals and suppose that God is with them but unless He told them to do a thing them they are like Israel when they were without a King and every man went about doing what appeared to be right in his own eyes.

Note also that in Matt 7 Jesus says "only those who do the will of his Father shall enter in"... again we see this principle to be binding.

2015/10/1 21:37Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

As I understand it, the greatest words ever uttered on planet earth (imo), the sermon on the mount are not a series of commands so much as what it is for one to walk in accordance with His will. The beatitudes replaced the law in that they are a much higher principle that requires dependence on the Spirit of God to perform. Just as Jesus was filled, led and expressed by the spirit, these perfectly.... so should we as He was the first born among many brethren. "All this and more ye shall do"
I believe there to be allot of doctrinal bondage that isn't really dif from the 1st century Jews tho now it's just in a dif garb.

For me at least it really is as simple as obedience by faith from a pure heart. Meaning if/when we respond to the Father in loving obedience and go into the harvest fields, He will straighten out our theology and doctrine in His handling of us. Unfortunately we wanna get it "right" before we go, which seems right but leads to death:(

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Here again we see the same privileges of the principle in action as throughout the whole scripture.
Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world and that we should seek it first and foremost just like they did in verse 10 above and that everything (provision, protection, security etc...) would be provided in our obedience to His call to follow after Him.

That for me is the sovereignty of God in action when we are yeilded to it.
To see what it looks like when we are not,.... ha just look around bro:(

2015/10/1 22:24Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Ok final one and was hoping someone else would post this but since not... I'll quiet down after this one-

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF GOD.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE.
(emphasis mine)

This is exemplary of this "kingdom principle" where the sovereignty of God/His will meets the yeilded will of man. The product is Christ in us the hope of glory~

2015/10/1 22:55Profile

Re:

JFW, great answer on "provision, security and protection".

Let me just add that He does not just give us these things as impersonal commodities, the person of Jesus Christ is our provision, security (peace) and protection (Salvation) He is all we need and He wants us to be dependent on Him for everything.

Jehovah Shalom (Judges 6:24) The Lord our Peace

Jehovah-Jireh (Gen 22:14) The Lord our Provision

Jehovah Elohe Yeshuathi (Psalms 88:1) - The Lord our Protection (Salvation)

I look forward to talking with you sometime about what Jesus emptied Himself of. The tension and balance of Him being fully God and fully man (hypostatic union) is revealed in the scriptures.

Also, Christ cannot be a product. We are joined with the Person (not product) of Christ by His spirit. Sorry, you make it sound like a formula.

2015/10/1 23:01

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy