SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Proud papa,

In sports thats called the third man in and is usually penalized the most.

Julius21 and myself have put a fork in it already. :)

Going forward you will not see me needing to reference personal experiences which like Paul I hate doing for the very reasons this thread demonstrates.

marcmc

2015/9/29 20:20
proudpapa

Re:

RE:///Going forward you will not see me needing to reference personal experiences///

The issue is not the referencing of your personal experiences.

2015/9/29 20:27Profile

Re:

Then what? This thread was about life on another planet. I said God has one son therefore he had one plan. Any other plan would demand redemption at some point down the road when those creatures fell.

This simple point IME has never been challenged by a single Christian I have ever shared it with. And from what I see it hasn't in this thread. How did I hijack it? The premise behind the thread at that point failed to be able to continue on anything other than speculation.

Do you have a point on that position? Do you think God could have another creation while He only had one son? If so how?

IMO this thread was not hijacked it vaporized !

marcmc

2015/9/29 20:34
proudpapa

Re:

RE:/// Then what?///

I am not referring only to this thread

I think many of us have enjoyed the referencing of your personal experiences in recent threads.

Your position and points have not in and of themselves been the issue of divisiveness either, many have enjoyed your position and points.

Neither of those things have caused strife in and of themselves.

There are positions that I hold very dearly because they where instumental in my experience, My view of inspiration, of nature of man, Romans 7, and so on.
It is very easy for me to become very divisive over these subjects.
It has been very hard for me to understand that God can be working on and through other believers whom hold completely different views on these subject than myself because my view on these subjects where instumental in my experience.
But I am finding that God has and does work through others in different ways.
I have severed relationships with others on these forums over these issues believing at the time that there is no way that they can be where I am if they have not came to the same conclusion on these subjects as what I have.
but I have found that some whom hold a completly different angle on such subjects as that of myself are sometimes far better than myself.

RE: ///Do you have a point on that position? Do you think God could have another creation while He only had one son? If so how?///

I have not given it much thought, I doubt there is other life but Revelations has some difficult things to understand. Could something fit in there, I do not know ?

What is your take on the Nephilim ?

add: what is your thoughts on why God told Abraham : "Take now thy son, thine ((only son)) Isaac"

2015/9/29 22:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

PP wrote: "add: what is your thoughts on why God told Abraham : "Take now thy son, thine ((only son)) Isaac"

Now you have me curious. I thought it was just God's way of emphasing the drama of the situation.

2015/9/30 7:26Profile

Re:

Abraham had one son that was alive to God. He had eight sons all together but only one was begotten.

Hebrews 11:17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son.

Genesis 17:15And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. 16And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. 17Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? 18And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee! 19And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. 20And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. 21But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. 22And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

Ishmeal was given an earthy covenant because of the exchanged life. Abraham had a covenant with God and God honoured it with an earthly covenant with Ishmael. Of course the consequences of it are the entire middle east problem.

Ephesian 2:11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Marcmc

2015/9/30 8:13

Re:

I looked very hard a the nephilim theories years ago and I don't think anyone knows.

2 Corinthians 13:1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

I do not think we have enough scriptural confirmation to establish any doctrine.

But I will ask you a somewhat related question.

How could Goliath have been saved?

marcmc

2015/9/30 8:25
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I thought there was something more to PP's question than to raise the very often claim that the verse contains a contradiction.

Was that your point PP?

My simple answer is that neither God nor Moses would have forgotten that Abraham had more than one son so obviously the verse is talking about something other than a numerical value, namely that the word only doesn't mean only (numerically speaking) in the context of that verse. Marc lays out what it means. Isaac was the only son of promise.

2015/9/30 8:26Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Proudpapa

i just want to say that i really liked your last reply, it takes a lot of spiritual maturity to come to that personal understanding especially when it exposes the flesh in public. :)

i personally at at different points stay away from sermon index due to my own frustrations in responses but as i am reading through posts i do see a lot of people in different areas growing spiritually especially myself.

when i look back at different ideas and beliefs i had they would be total heresy but somehow for my walk the lord led me through this valley and today i can see the dangerous pitfalls of beliefs, I thought at the time that i need to speak up and challenge people in this belief to help them but i did this a lot of the time with out the holy spirits direction, ending in a conflict rather then growing in spiritual wisdom and knowledge.

2015/9/30 9:28Profile
proudpapa

Re:

TMK wrote : /// I thought there was something more to PP's question than to raise the very often claim that the verse contains a contradiction.
Was that your point PP? ///

Yes, I believe that it was written the way it was for a specific purpose.

RE:///Marc lays out what it means.///
I liked his answer

I am just trying to more fully understand Marc's position

Marc wrote : ///I said God has one son therefore he had one plan. Any other plan would demand redemption at some point down the road when those creatures fell.///

Marc also asked : ///How could Goliath have been saved?///

I never gave it much thought, I suppose I always thought of Goliath as a vessel of wrath fitted to destruction.

Could there be other 'vessel of wrath fitted to destruction' in the universe that could be revealed in the last days. I personally doubt it, but I am not sure that I am completely confident that it would be Scripturally impossable. What is your thoughts ?

Marc wrote : ///I looked very hard a the nephilim theories years ago and I don't think anyone knows.///

I agree. what is your view of whom 'the sons of God' in Job 2:1 are ? could they be the fathers of the nephilim as some claim or not ?

I am just asking questions that I am asking myself, while thinking on this subject. hence why they are sporadic

2015/9/30 10:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy