SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

marc,

I am not Armenian or Calvinist, either. I am in the middle where the truth is.

You're a Theist?

If you posted so much on that forum and was asked to stay then that says you can express yourself well in writing. Why don't you take some time, don't be in such a hurry and do that same thing, here.

2015/9/29 17:44
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Marc,
an unholy man who was taken out of the world, made holy and put back into the world and kept that way by the power of the only true and living God.... a Christian.
For me freewill and the sovereignty of God are not only not at odds but make up a harmonious dynamic in which we are conformed into the image of Christ.
I understand for most there are only the two camps save for those like brother Julius who articulated a third position stating the truth was somewhere in between. (I agree with him on that/found that to be true) Honestly brother Marc, you have delivered up some meaty points that I have learned from just in the past few weeks and I have given thanks unto God for what He has given you, including the desire to share it as it has in a very practical way blessed me and my family. You appear to be a very passionate man whom strongly desires to know the truth and live it. Having said this if I were to say that I totally agree with your position doctrinally I would not be being honest.
It's both edifying and sad to see you and Julius go at it like you do,... You are both extremely gifted men of God and are both firmly planted in your respective positions and while I've gleaned from both of you, if I may say so your time might be more profitable to the cause of Christ if you guys looked for and focused on the aspects of your faith that you had in common as opposed to hashing out the differences. I mean we can speak with the tongues of angels but if we have not love.....
So for me I'm less concerned about the semantics of what someone believes and more so wether what a person believes compels them to love and live as Christ did.

Btw from the outside looking in, you guys seem to agree on way more than you disagree on tho it may not appear that way subjectively.

2015/9/29 18:14Profile

Re:

You alone seem to have misunderstood my point concerning my writing ability. It was meant in reference to intonation. I don't have a cell phone and only post on this and an audio forum. It is however not uncommon for my intensity to rub a few people the wrong way. In person this never happens which is why the audio site allowed the debate to continue. My intensity was given leeway because so many have met me in person and know that I do not communicate in person like I do in writing.

I use the term theist out of habit when I put on the Atheist debate cap. I engage in many of these discussions and it's just easier. Terms like believer, Christian and born again will end any meaningfull discussion before it starts even though all those titles applies to me.

FTR High End Audio has been my hobby since I was in my teens, in that arena I am asked for advice constantly on the forum and on the phone. When people want to know what ou know they will take it in any form it's given. On here I'm still trying to figure things out because thread rep seems to be the highest priority.

marcmc

2015/9/29 18:21

Re:

Hi JFW,

You're a peacemaker, I appreciate that. So, am I, believe it or not. I don't know marc but I am sure to know him is to love him, especially since he loves the Lord Jesus. Same with me. I disagree with much of his writings which are a manifestation of his thoughts, but don't confuse that with me not having love for my brother. I don't even know marc. I just see letters expressing thoughts appearing on a screen and I respond to them with my thoughts.

Please don't confuse disagreement with lack of love.

2015/9/29 18:24

Re:

Quote:
by marcmc on 2015/9/29 18:21:58

You alone seem to have misunderstood my point concerning my writing ability. It was meant in reference to intonation. I don't have a cell phone and only post on this and an audio forum. It is however not uncommon for my intensity to rub a few people the wrong way. In person this never happens which is why the audio site allowed the debate to continue. My intensity was given leeway because so many have met me in person and know that I do not communicate in person like I do in writing.

I use the term theist out of habit when I put on the Atheist debate cap. I engage in many of these discussions and it's just easier. Terms like believer, Christian and born again will end any meaningfull discussion before it starts even though all those titles applies to me.

FTR High End Audio has been my hobby since I was in my teens, in that arena I am asked for advice constantly on the forum and on the phone. When people want to know what ou know they will take it in any form it's given. On here I'm still trying to figure things out because thread rep seems to be the highest priority.

marcmc

That's cool, marc. Thanks for the explanation. I understand better, now. BTW, what is "thread rep"?

2015/9/29 18:26

Re:

The challenge with you Julius21 is one I have encountered my times in my Christian book company and the unusually large personal encounters this brought me into contact with.

As Paul said I have become all things to all men. Can you imagine the fine line I had to walk so as not to offend or cause strife. I also do this when witnessing to the unsaved. You have to or your a proof text Bible thumper that gets dismissed minutes into the discussion and laughed at as a joke by the person as they walk away. When I witness to people they are absolutely, massively convicted of sin and yet I never ever say the word sin.

But back to my first point I asked Julius21 when I first started posting here to list 5 books he recommends to believers, mentioned Muslims have the identical position on Satan as he does and told him of William Lane Craig and John Lennox as two of the Churches point men against the rise of Atheism and he hasn't heard of them. This is shocking to me because every idea I hear for the first time, every objection to Christianity and everything in between that gets my attention is immediately put on my radar and I buy, ask and read everything there is about it because a soul I witness to or a Christian who the Lord brings me for help is on the line. IMO ignorance and doctrinal isolation is the deadliest sin. Well at least that's what the Lord convicts me off and hounds me till I have turned over every rock.

In other words there is so many differing views in the Church that IMO it is vital to have locaters in order to have peaceful conversation. Some see this as pigeon hole's or camps. I don't see it that way at all, I see it as madidtory for communication.

marcmc

2015/9/29 18:55

Re:

Thread reputation is a position that is safe and easy to maintain, a person who is interested in this usually only responds to others. It is a position that almost always makes it point presented as a counterpoint to the points of others. Unless the topic is clear or obvious.

In a word it's safe.

marcmc

2015/9/29 19:41

Re:

marc,

The more I read your posts, the more I just want to be gentle with you, because I sense a very immature believer.

You have a lot of bluster with very little content. This is a forum where we exchange ideas and don't exchange spiritual resumes and accomplishments. I am still waiting for content from you, not your reading list, or people you rub shoulders with or the number of people slain in the spirit by your very presence. You on the other hand seem very superficial with your requests and you make accusations, call people names and place people in "camps" without backing up what you say.

I won't go over everything you said about me, because I believe the more you post the more everyone can understand why I need to ignore much of what you say and just give you a pass.

I mean this in love brother when I say you sound like you suffer from a lack of personal significance. So, I'll tell you what, you don't respond to my posts and I won't respond to yours. I will keep that promise, even if you respond to mine because I think that will be the best thing for you.

2015/9/29 19:49

Re:

I could not agree more on the avoidance and agreeing to disagree. The Irony is your post about me is identical to how I see you. We are on opposite sides of everything and even though the topics we have discussed are pablum. Could you imagine what would happen if it got into something remotely deep?

BTW I totally believe God allows the friction among ideas and doctrines because he never seems to do single thing about it. He clearly thinks that when two polar opposites occur that tremendous growth occurs among those who are somewhere in the middle.

Be well and going forward lets consider ourselves invisible. On our Audio site we have an ignore feature where post by ignored members do not even appear. Do they have that here?

Marcmc

2015/9/29 20:09
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///I could agree more on the avoidance and agreeing to disagree. The Irony is your post about me is identical to how I see you.///

Whom has recently been highjacking the threads and making the subject matter about themself and there Spirtual and intelectual superiority ?

2015/9/29 20:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy