SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by marcmc on 2015/9/29 14:51:36

You guys are all Armenian (free will)I can't fathom how that is hard to understand.

marcmc

Who is "you guys?"

I just see this as something else to distract from Christ. There is so much more of Christ to discover and yet we want to see new places, things and life forms. TMK, just curious, why is important for you to know how we would react?

2015/9/29 15:18
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Fletcher-
Two things struck me the most in that video:

1). Where they showed all the distant galaxies seen by Hubble, and then reminds us that is only looking in one direction, and

2) at the end when they show a little black square in the Milky Way which represents all the stars we can see with the naked eye. We can't see 99.999999 % of our own galaxy.

It makes you wonder why God placed us right where He did. Lots of fine tuning.

2015/9/29 15:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Julius: "Why is important for you to know how we would react?"

Because as you or Marc said (can't remember) if or when there is a discovery, atheists guns will be blazing.

Shouldnt we have a ready defense?

2015/9/29 15:22Profile

Re:

You guys means, you guys.

marcmc

2015/9/29 15:26

Re:

No, TMK,

It is not our job to convince sinners. God has called us to be faithful, not expert debaters. I leave the results up to God. And how do you defend something God has not given any insight into. If men want to deny God, they will always find a way, even if they have to invent aliens (which I think are demonic powers). I won't be in awe of them.

Don't let atheists put you on the defensive. You make them seem important when you give them so much credit. And they love that.

2015/9/29 15:30

Re:

Defending the faith is a vital aspect of the Church. I can't even imagine the ground the church would have lost if not for dependers/debaters against Atheism in every age. This arena has always been on the front line. You should be grateful for guys like William Lane Craig and John Lennox in this hour. They have kept the Church from looking like a 6 year old with ice cream on his face.

marcmc

2015/9/29 15:45

Re:

Quote:
by marcmc on 2015/9/29 15:45:54

Defending the faith is a vital aspect of the Church. I can't even imagine the ground the church would have lost if not for dependers/debaters against Atheism in every age. This arena has always been on the front line. You should be grateful for guys like William Lane Craig and John Lennox in this hour. They have kept the Church from looking like a 6 year old with ice cream on his face.

Let me rephrase what I said:

I won't be "defensive" in my defense of the faith. But, it is still not my responsibility to convince or convict sinners. I leave the results to God. However, God has made it clear that He does not want me to participate in the following:

1) fruitless discussions -
1Tim 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

2) opposing arguments which are falsely called "knowledge and science" -
1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

3) strive about words -
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

4) engage in foolish questions, genealogies, contentions or strivings about the law -
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

I am not anti-intellectual and don't think Christians should be. I don't know who William Lane Craig or John Lennox are, and I am not overly impressed with intellectualism. What impresses me is not someone that has a lot of knowledge but someone that has the "knowledge of the Holy". (Jer 9:23-24)

2015/9/29 16:27
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Marc,
I'm not an Armenian nor am I a Calvinist,....just for the record+:)

Brother Todd,
Yeah I caught that,...and (for me) that in itself is a paradigm buster. I mean how could we ever have an eternal perspective if we defend our local one against it? The two (assuming our local/personal one is based in truth) should be harmonious, no?
Btw I didn't kno bout those mountain 'rillas, wonder what they'd think of aliens? lol
On a serious note, if we are regenerated we are aliens according to scripture as this is not our home, as we are only sojourners here.
Seriously guys does it not even tickle your imagination to see/know the point brother Todd is making in regards to "looking in one direction"?
For example since we know that time is space and God is the creator of all that is and isn't seen and the word clearly says that the universe/heavens and the earth cannot contain Him, and we are being
made unto eternal life and considering the "looking in one direction" point brother Todd is making does intellectual honesty not at least require of us to consider it at this point where we in fact have light on it?
I admit to sometimes being "human-centric" in my understanding of scriptures but do not the scriptures say that ALL of creation has been reconciled (Col 1:20) and ALL creation groans awaiting the birth (Rom 8:20) and idk bout you guys but there are some very interesting creatures in scripture that the author struggled to relate in human terms... i.e.; Ezekiel 1:5 the 4 "living creatures".... Just sayin

2015/9/29 16:44Profile

Re:

Julius21

1 Corinthians 9 : 19For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

I belong to a Hi End Audio site. These guys are University Educated, 80% Athiest and for the most part very well off. It is absolutely impossible to speak about either politics or religion on audio forums. The first post on those subjects gets you a warning the second post gets you banned permanently.

I engaged these guys in a theist debate on the open forum that had thousands of views and hundreds of posts. I was the only theist against 20 Athiest who pulled every trick in the book. I could not leave the thread for three weeks and the owner of the forum sent me a lengthy PM asking me to continue the discussion and spiritual questions concerning his spiritual searchings. These guys used to slam Christianity every chance they got and from that point forward have never brought up the discussion again.

I received around 20 other PM's from these members who wanted to ask me personal questions about their objections and ther was not what could be considered an argument with the exception of one member who hates everything.
marcmc

2015/9/29 16:45

Re:

JFW,

Please explain what you are.

marcmc

2015/9/29 17:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy