SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Concerning the end of the age

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Sandra
On the falling away I Dont Know and on the revival definitely No,
The harvest I am talking about is when the Spirit Of Elijah comes back and tells the world "times up"
Yours Staff

2015/9/24 6:41Profile

Re:

I am certainly not disputing an end-times harvest, Staff.

Can you give me the reference for the "Spirit of Elijah", again?

Thanks

2015/9/24 11:32
staff

Re:

Hi Julius,
Three References Regarding Elijah
1.Malachi
I will send my prophet Elijah before the great and terrible day of the Lord......
2.Look at the ministry of the Two Witnesses
3.The Transfiguration
Jesus Says: Elijah IS Coming.... and WILL restore ....
He says these things after John The Baptist who came in the Spirit Of Elijah is dead.This points to a future fulfillment which hasnt happened yet.

1Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” 6When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. 7And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, “Get up, and do not be afraid.” 8And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone.

9As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.” 10And His disciples asked Him, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” 11And He answered and said, “Elijah IS coming and WILL restore all things; 12but I say to you that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13Then the disciples understood that He had spoken to them about John the Baptist
Yours Staff

2015/9/24 18:06Profile

Re:

Hi Staff,

Yes, you did mention that, earlier. I will make it a point to study more on it, just can't do it right now, but will jot it down on my list of todo's. I think it will be interesting to study and pray over. Thanks very much.

2015/9/24 20:42
passerby

Re:

Referring to the previous post of Julius21, I think from the start, in Romans 11,Paul was referring to the bloodline ofJacob as the natural branches, and the phrase "all Israel shall be saved" refers to the whole congregation of the remnant of the bloodline not the "spiritual Israel". It was not intended to mean that all the bloodline of Jacob will be save since it was already revealed that only a remnant of them will find salvation.

Assuming, that the modern Jews hoax or conspiracy is true,I do not think that this will thwart the declaration of God about the return of remnant to the land of Canaan in the end-times.

I know, big names in theology are thinking otherwise.

2015/9/25 7:37Profile
passerby

Re:

Rom 9:27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved.

And if only a remnant of the natural branches will be saved, it is feared that among the vast multitude of professing Christians many of them will hear the tragic reality of being never Known to Christ.

Romans 11:17-21

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,

do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”

That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear.

For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.

2015/9/25 8:38Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Julius,
Check out the prophetic parallels between Elijah,Mt Carmel and John The Baptist and Jesus' Baptism in your Study,
Yours Staff

2015/9/25 11:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
by passerby on 2015/9/25 7:37:02

Referring to the previous post of Julius21, I think from the start, in Romans 11,Paul was referring to the bloodline ofJacob as the natural branches, and the phrase "all Israel shall be saved" refers to the whole congregation of the remnant of the bloodline not the "spiritual Israel". It was not intended to mean that all the bloodline of Jacob will be save since it was already revealed that only a remnant of them will find salvation.

Assuming, that the modern Jews hoax or conspiracy is true,I do not think that this will thwart the declaration of God about the return of remnant to the land of Canaan in the end-times.

I know, big names in theology are thinking otherwise.

Yes, and God does not save a "bloodline" just because they are part of a bloodline. The JEWS must come to Christ through the one door of FAITH, just like everyone must. That is the remnant He will save.

2015/9/25 13:37

Re:

Followthelamb,

I'm with you on believing God has the biggest surprise imaginable for the last days. Anyone who has really spent time with the Living Word knows that the last people to ask about what He will do next is people that have followed Him for 20 or more years. They often study the scriptures but have never actually heard the voice of Him at the right hand of the Father.

Leave the speculation to the scribes and proof text experts. God has allowed the Church to paint itself into a corner. The old guard wants Him to be a cosmic bully and spank all the backsliders and prove them right yet all their knowing has produced zero fruit. He will always make them look silly as He shows up and does what ever He wants, through whoever He wants in a way that no one could have imagined. He goes out of His way to take the least deserving right offs and castaways and crowns them with an anointed calling.

He picks His David in the field, Mary the virgin, Paul the persecutor, Evan Roberts the teenager, Moses the murderer, Abraham the liar, Peter the coward, Rahab the hooker, Jacob the swindler, Martin Luther at happy hour or Mary sitting at His feet and gives them a Word, assignment or revelation and BOOM every so called scripture expert looks rediculous.

I for one have zero doubt that the Great God our Saviour Jesus Christ is going to blow every mind and at the same time destroy every opinion about what He should, can or will do in the last hours of the age of grace.

marcmc

2015/10/7 22:18
proudpapa

passerby

That is how I was indoctrinated to believe, and how I believed up untill recent.
Philip Mauro's "Things which soon must come to pass" A commentary on Revelations has me reconsidering my views on Israel in Prophecy.

From my research so far the idea "that there is only one Israel of God—comprised of both Jews and Gentiles who are children of Abraham through their faith in Christ." seems to be the view that was historically "held by the early Christians, the Anabaptists, the Reformers, and in fact all Christians before the 19th century."

I want to buy this book recommended by David Bercot : My Beloved Israel by Steve Yoder http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/product3404.html

2015/10/7 23:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy