Discussion Forum : General Topics : Desolate, Burned and Melted

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Tim,

I would not worry unduly about your daughter having a 'Christian' peer group. from experience they could in fact cause more issues than benefits. Particularly if the adults in the churches are 'off', then there is much hope for the youngsters in that environment. You discipling her is much more beneficial (and in fact your responsibility) that will bear much more fruit.

For the first 20 years or so, from my first becoming a Christian I was within the Chrismatic churches(of the early 80s type). After many years of trying to negotiate around the extremes of such churches, it became apparent a few years ago, that despite choosing the more biblical and balanced versions of this movement that there was still the tendency to embrace the errors in 'winds of doctrine' and eventually we concluded that enough was enough and pretty much keep away from such. Many others in this land have concluded the same about most Charismatic/Pentecostal churches.

Despite all this unsettling and even times of spiritual unfaithfulness in our lives, all three of our children are now walking with the Lord to one degree or another. They are all married with Christian spouses and we have 8 grandchildren, with another two on the way! I wish I could say it was smooth ride, but not so. This was more down to our (read 'my') instability at times. I am sure that had we had more stability in our walk with the Lord they would have had a better journey to where they are now. But God has been faithful to us when we sought Him and turn our face back to Him for ourselves and our family.

If He can do this for us, I am absolutely sure He will do even more abundantly for you and your daughter as you seek to remain faithful to Him and not compromise on truth.

Just to clarify what I mean by the early 80s type Chrismatics, I am sure that there was much more sound teaching within much of it then than compared with today. Sure there was error and craziness to a degree, but this was pre-Toronto and all the nonsense that developed from that. Most in those days were independent house churches and not big 'movements' with so called apostles, etc. It was more 'organic' (and spontaneous) to coin a phrase.

So where to now? We just have to remain faithful to God and look to see what He will do next. I am sure He has a plan for His people who are currently scattered around and very much hidden at the moment. I think of the situation with Elijah and God telling him that He had 7000 who had not bowed to Baal. We don't know how many God has prepared in secret at this time.

2015/9/22 16:04Profile
brothagary

Re:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=4558

Wow this really spoke to me ,I just watched it ,it is related to this thread......

Cater conlon ,,bring back the king

2015/9/22 19:38Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi brothagary

My ears triggered when you said you found an ex aog pastor who is around 70 years old. There isn't many of these pastors around any more and God blessed me by bringing the same type of pastor in me life, who taught me soooo much and trained me in the word of God as i was very lost at the time in my scriptural foundation due to previous pastors. Just wondering is his name Kerry

About the post i have been so burnt before and finding a church that is really submitted to the Lord i haven't found yet. I personally found that for me i am ready to go back into these churches to allow God to use me for the church any way that he wants me. i have dropped my expectations in the hope to help people grow spiritually in their lives especially in the area of discernment but i need to use Gods wisdom in my approaches towards this. it was good for me to get out of these churches at the beginning because it really effected me spiritually and my family. but i am alot more mature and skilled in this area now.

2015/9/24 6:02Profile
brothagary

Re:

His name is tony halo, brother,,,

2015/9/24 7:05Profile
brothagary

Re:

Brother I will go wher ever I find godly elders and teachers ,,the open brethren were good ,gospel Christian ,,but lacked the teaching of the miraculous gifts ,,,,,but to be honest I would not go to a assembles of God church here in Townsville ,,,they are man centred and lean towards the prosperity gospel ......... God bless

2015/9/24 7:11Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

yeah i have seen little pockets of different denominations that God is working on in certain areas. A christian friend of mine is in a church that i would not attend but he is so respected, different people are challenging some of their beliefs bringing them closer to God. I think if we have the right foundations in Christ then God can use us anywhere to bless and serve our brothers and sisters in Christ. When i was younger i believed that everything said from the pulpit was truth so i would take it on with out testing it, I'm very different now :)

2015/9/24 20:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy