Discussion Forum : General Topics : Reason and faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Julius21

I agree but there are many Thomas' out there as well both Christian and non christian. Reason doesn't lead anyone to salvation but if it can be shown that there are incidents that reason cannot answer but yet faith can it can affect the Thomas' of the world. In any event I want to compile a list of events that show these things.

I found a story, from a while back, in which Hamas said 'Their God changes the paths of rockets in mid-air'. 2 things here. They acknowledge Israel's God here, Why?
rockets change in mid air. is there technology that can do this from the opposition? I doubt it and if that were to be the case then how does reason answer this question?

You don't find this in the bible but that doesn't mean it is anti bible but evidence of something in this modern day. That God is working still?

What do you think?
John

2015/9/21 8:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

A while back there was the story of the mother and her baby in the car seat and the vehicle went upside down into the river. The driver compartment was under water and the mother was dead.

When rescue workers got to the scene they all heard a distinct voice that said "help me" and they found the baby alive in the car seat. The baby was too young to talk.

2015/9/21 9:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

All that being said, it is hard to find examples where there are NO rational explanations.

The problem is that sometimes the rational explanations are harder to believe than the miraculous, like the idea that Jesus was walking on very shallow rock ledges that only he knew about when walking on water, or that the ark of the covenant was actually an alien device that could make manna, etc.

A true skeptic will never be convinced by the miraculous, unless, perhaps, if it happens to him and God gives him a revelation.

2015/9/21 9:21Profile

Re:

There are many stories of Israeli victories during the Yom Kippur and Six Day War that are unexplainable. You can google these.

There are also many conversion stories of Muslims where Christ is appearing to them. Again, you can google them.

But be warned, when dealing on the plane of reason, Atheists have great ability in explaining anything away.

2015/9/21 9:37
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

An atheist or skeptic will say the burden of proof is on the person claiming the miraculous. In most cases, it is not possible to prove the miraculous because there are almost always alternate non-miraculous explanations, even if they are outlandish.

2015/9/21 11:21Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

TMK

Is this thread going to produce a stupid argument over reason and faith? All I am asking is for circumstances that show where reason doesn't have an answer but has to reach to faith for the answer because reason can't figure it out. If you cannot provide an example please don't post. I really don't care if a skeptic will push it away. I just want to collect some stories. How hard is this going to be??

John

2015/9/21 11:25Profile

Re:

Miracles of the Six Day War
http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/timeline_cdo/aid/525341/jewish/Introduction.htm

Miracles in the Six-Day War: Eyewitness Accounts
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/122435

Yom Kippur War Miracle on the Golan Heights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WgMu6OmNPo

Visions of Jesus Stir Muslim Hearts
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/understandingislam/Visions.aspx

Hope this helps you, Deadn.

2015/9/21 11:31
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

http://whnt.com/2015/09/21/doctors-cant-explain-miracle-3-year-old-who-came-back-to-life-after-drowning-in-pool/

Saw this just now

2015/9/21 14:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

John- I already gave you a good recent example- see below.

But the article that Tim just posted is an example of something can be attributed to a miracle if one is so inclined, but there are countless examples of near drownings where children (especially) are revived after having no pulse or respiration with no ill effects. I see this in my line of work very often.

You yourself said you are looking for examples that reason cannot explain.

I can give a personal example that convinced me that a miracle was in play.

When me and my siblings were young, my dad was in San Francisco on business. My mom went into the garage and stepped on a rake and the handle came up and whacked her in the eye. She developed a HUGE goose egg and black eye. She was obviously hurt and upset and we were freaking out.

Very soon after this happened, my dad called home and asked my mom what the emergency was. My mom said she did not call( she hadn't) but my dad said when he got back to the hotel from dinner they had a message for him to call home immediately as there was an emergency at home. At any rate my mom really needed to talk to my dad and he needed to reassure us at that moment so I am convinced a guardian angel was at work.

2015/9/21 19:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy