Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Covenant and Controversy: A Film

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Covenant and Controversy: A Film

You can rent this film (documentary) on vimeo or purchase the DVD (like I did). This is a profound film on the history of the church in the persecution of the Jewish people.

BUT it also show our place in the Church and how we can proceed from here to be a witness and lead them to the one true God! It is sad and eye-opening but I've never been more encouraged.

http://www.covenantandcontroversy.com

Here are some quotes from it..

When we sit down to eat a meal at the table, if one of our kids is missing, we don’t start our meal until that child is there. I think sometimes that we don’t realize that there’s somebody missing from our table, we’re eating and we’re enjoying the meal without even realizing that our child, our brother, Israel, is missing. If our family is ready to leave a place, if all the children except one are in the car, we don’t just leave and go because we feel that one of our kids are missing.

The church today has a great need to recognize that Israel is missing from our bus, Israel is missing from our dinner table, let’s grab hold of God’s apostolic heart for Israel and let’s believe with Him for the salvation of His people... all Israel shall be saved.

The Holocaust of the nineteen thirties and forties was by no means a one-off atrocity and it was by no means an aberration of history, it was one event in a long series of events in a long historical continuum of Christian anti-Judaism and pagan anti-Semitism. Now at the end of the age we are facing a mingling together of anti-Semitism, anti-Judaism and anti-Zionism.

We understand that we need to take responsibility for Jewish suffering of the past and own it and repent of it and we need to prepare for Jewish suffering in the future so that we are found faithful by the Lord and we are found helpful to the Jewish people when that great hour of suffering befalls them.

-----------------

I have many dear beloved friends who hold to what I believe is just basic replacement theology. If I made that assertion to them, they would recoil and say, "Dalton, this is not replacement theology, this is covenant or fulfillment or inclusion theology."

If your theology of Israel divests them of their National, ethnic, territorial or identity or destiny, you have embraced replacement theology. You may not use the term, you may not use the language, you may not even believe you believe it...

The end result of fulfillment theology is the same result as replacement theology, namely that there are no promises that remain for the Jewish people on a National level.

It's almost as though the Gentile church was a little envious, it lacked the privileges, it took it over and it's wanted to hang on to it. So in other words, there's been rank identity theft.

Has anyone else seen this film?

2015/9/16 19:02Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Covenant and Controversy: A Film

I was able to spend time to watch this. It was well done and quite thought provoking and moving.

2015/9/16 19:04Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Covenant and Controversy: A Film

Just bumping this up again.

Here is a quote that Israel will suffer AGAIN, what we will, as Children of God, do on that day, my friends?

"We understand that we need to take responsibility for Jewish suffering of the past and own it and repent of it and we need to prepare for Jewish suffering in the future so that we are found faithful by the Lord and we are found helpful to the Jewish people when that great hour of suffering befalls them."

2015/9/19 11:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy