SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Tribulation Period

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

The Tribulation Period

Stripping away the apocalyptic imagery:

7 seals (Rev.6:1-14,8:1-5)
. Judgments of war/conflict/strife
.Economic hardship/famine
.Domination/destruction/deprivation/death

7 Trumpets: Rev.8:6-9,21,11:15-19

.Judgment of natural disasters
.Untimely deaths
.Unnatural contamination of water and environment
.Mass murders

7 Bowls of Gods Wrath (Revelation 16:1 21)

.Sickness/diseases/festering sores
.Contamination of natural ecosystem like oceans,rivers, and streams
.Scorching of humanity by the Sun
.Plagues
.Humanity cursing God and refusing to repent
.Natural disasters like earthquakes, and hailstorms

Significance of "sevens". 7 is a number of completion/perfection. The tribulation will last as long as it needs to last to suit God's purposes.

Conclusion: the Tribulation has been ongoing during the entire Church age and will continue, getting progressively worse, until Jesus returns.

2015/9/14 17:33Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re: The Tribulation Period

Let's say we agree. :). What are the signs of the end of the age?

2015/9/14 18:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think we are seeing signs of the end of the age.

But I believe that when Jesus was talking about signs if the end of the age, he was talking about the end of the JEWISH age and the destruction of the temple within the lifetimes of his disciples. But even he used apocalyptic imagery so cannot be taken absolutely literally.

I think the spirit of Antichrist is rampant; I certainly do not believe in a literal one person who will fit that bill. But the AC influence is increasing exponentially it seems.

Unfortunately I do think things will get much worse, but the purpose of this tribulation period is twofold: 1) to bring unbelievers to repentance (quite frankly I do not believe we are seeing this yet) and 2) to purify and strengthen the true Church. It is likely that #1 has not occurred because #2 has not (yet) occurred.

2015/9/14 21:06Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

I respect that a lot.

2015/9/14 22:23Profile

Re:

TMK,

Where did you get your opinion from?

marcmc

2015/9/15 6:45
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I left behind my "left behind" eschatology a few years back after looking into alternate views from different sources, and trying to read scripture without all my ingrained presuppositions, which is not easy.

I still don't have a perfect system worked out in my mind because I think there is a lot of mystery in the apocalyptic scriptures. Further I think there was purposeful "coded" language used by Paul and John because the churches they were writing to were under persecution, and if they just "named names" in their letters they probably could not have been circulated widely (because they would have been confiscated). In other words, they were purposefully vague.

2015/9/15 7:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I wrote: "I think we are seeing signs of the end of the age."

I meant to qualify this a tad, by saying that so did the very early church (look at all the "soon" and "near" statements referencing the return of Christ.

But one thing can be said with absolute certainty- we are closer now than they were then, unless full preterists are correct which I exceedingly doubt.

2015/9/15 9:20Profile

Re:

The seed of the first Adam is coming to full fruition. Whenever the end times come up a persons start point is vital. So many only have pieces that collect together and try to form a picture from them like a pile of puzzle pieces without a box that has the final picture on the front.

What so many struggle with in the Church is they can't see how the Church age follows in the path of Christ's earth walk. We are strangers in a strange land, we don't change the laws permanently, we don't set the tone, control the outcomes in this time.

This is the decline of all as the law of sin and death runs its course of destroying everything. The church can walk free from its effects except physical death but everything else decays and dies and God is not going to hide its effects or intervene. The eternal ages will have in judicial testimony the record of a spiritual beings choice of self rule and it's effects ( lucifer ) and a physical beings choice of self rule and it's effects ( Adam )

One released spiritual darkness and the other released the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

marcmc

2015/9/15 10:11

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy