SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our Wayward Minds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidkeel

From Liverpool but now in West Sussex, England

Re:

Marc, when you said the early church had it and the end time remnant will have it are you referring to the exchanged life that Hudson wrote of to his sister ? I think he was telling his sister about what he had found...

We're not doubting that it is part of the Christian life. But when people see others on this forum writing about such topics as putting to death your earthly nature for example they presume we are living a life where we don't receive any of Gods life and that it is a religion that we are living.

Receiving of God by faith is still a part of the Christians life.

What does this verse mean to you and how do you apply it ?

Colossians 3v5 "Put to death whatever belongs to your earthly nature"

2015/9/15 14:28Profile

Re:

David,

No, people of every age have discovered the exchanged life and there is a hundred different names for it.

What you have to ask yourself is how did the early Christians do what they did. They had no mass communications, tech or even a NT and yet look at what they did.

The glory of the latter will be greater than the former for a remnant. There is a key to something beyond the exchanged life that makes you a living epistle, causes a revolution where you work, mystifies and amazes those who meet you and is the end to the flesh.

marcmc

2015/9/15 19:32
davidkeel

Re:

Marc, are you able to explain the Scripture I've pointed out. How do you appopriate that in your life. ?

Also do you have any scriptural references where either Paul, Peter or Christ taught us to rely on the Spirits filling as being the sole means of our total transformation from sin.

2015/9/15 19:49Profile

Re:

sure, what I do is keep the whole chapter intact and understand that the secret is what Paul said is above all things is the bond of perfectness. v14.

There is the good, acceptable and perfect will of God.

To be even more specific the key to verse 5 is in verse 8 which is connected to the mind of Christ in Philippians 2. This key is also tucked into the epistle of James. It was vital to the early church and transforms everything else.

marc mc

2015/9/15 19:59
yuehan

Re:

marcmc,

Quote:
There is a key to something beyond the exchanged life that makes you a living epistle, causes a revolution where you work, mystifies and amazes those who meet you and is the end to the flesh.

Can you openly state what the "key" is, with Scripture references?

Would appreciate hearing your personal testimony too about appropriating this "key", and how it transformed your life.

2015/9/16 4:41Profile
Theophila

Re:

My brother,
I do believe we're agreed on a few facts:
1] Living the Christian life is impossible without the indwelling and fullness of the awesome Holy Spirit.
2] Most church folks live defeated lives
3] A lot of the folks on this forum want to live that overcoming life, which is crucial in these times we live in

Having read Reese Howells' testimony, his life depicts what you describe. A coming to the end of one's self and desperately seeking the fullness of the Spirit.

If you would be pleased to share your testimony on the subject, we will all be greatly edified and encouraged. Those who have gone before us overcame by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.

May the Lord continue to bless and keep you.

2015/9/16 7:29Profile

Re:

Theophila,

I will gladly share what I am led to share as soon as I have time.

But in the meanwhile what is your thoughts on "they overcame by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.

marcmc

2015/9/16 12:12
Theophila

Re:

The Scriptures imply when we gather, each one is to bring something to offer for the edification of the Body. That may be a word of exhortation, rebuke or comfort. I believe sharing testimonies of what the Lord is doing in, through and for us does that.

It helps us to see the victory of the Cross more clearly, thereby, encouraging us to overcoming the enemy.

As for the precious Blood, when I'm a little more coherent, I might attempt an explanation.

I hope this makes some sense.

2015/9/16 19:00Profile

Re:

Theophila. Wrote "If you would be pleased to share your testimony on the subject, we will all be greatly edified and encouraged.

I hope you will indulge my sharing my testimony in a few posts rather than in one long one. Please keep in mind that I am a oral communicator not an essay writer. The Lord has used my speaking skill from day one, I was born with this gift and it has been obvious to myself and others my whole life.

Along with my speaking skill is my intense desire to win. I was successful at every athletic interest I ever had. Forgive this but I must say it to give reference on my nature.

So when I was saved at 25 and began to understand that what had happened to me was what "Christians" we're talking about I started to attend some local churches. I was still in shock from my conversion experience "to this day I have not heard of one more dramatic besides Paul) The shock of my conversion was almost matched by ( forgive me ) the people I met in the churches I visited and attended.

With my instinctive winning nature I was frankly shocked by the passivity, fear and low fi attitude everyone had. I figured after meeting the King of Kings in a most dramatic way that surely His followers would be the apidimy of winners exuding confidence. Surely they would be fearless, bold and dynamic. I was then and to this day am still mystified.

So this was my start point 25 years ago!

marcmc

2015/9/17 8:07
davidkeel

Re:

It would be nice to hear how you got saved Marc. What happened to you as you said it was a very good experience ?

2015/9/17 12:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy