Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our Wayward Minds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Our Wayward Minds

I saw this video today and I thought it was a new video. A non Christian relative posted it on Facebook. It's 4 years old. It is talking about what they term 'Rock Star' preachers who live in mansions who are being investigated.

But it made me wonder how we can go so wrong as Christians.
And lose sight of our conscience. Sometimes we believe we are hearing God so much that we lose sight of the fact it is going against the heart that God has for real things and people.

We are all capable of hearing the inner voice inside us that has promised us things. The voice we believed to be God, and when those things dont materialize people can go as far as becoming bitter and beliving God doesn't exist.

I have heard these preachers in this video say what Ive heard many many Christians speak. We have said the Lord said this and that to me and then the Lord told me to go and do this or that. Some people are so familiar with God to the point of it being doubtable.

I have seen Christians being given prophecies that they would be healed of fatal illnesses because the person speaking has been led by this inner voice and visions.
But those people have died.

I am not sure exactly what the voice is because when I truly repented that inner voice I had heard which always seemed to compromise my lifestyle and say I was forgiven disappeared when I truly set my heart into repentance.
But then I truly heard Gods voice and his real heart for me.
Speaking in such loving ways to me in the night when I was out praying.

Will there be many who have belived in the leading of this voice who will stand before the Lord when he says to them I never knew you ? We think we know God but is it in line with right living and a pure conscience ?

I wonder if this internal voice is a spirit of this age ?
I just know one thing that to fully repent will cause you to hear the true God. And you will become wise of the wiles of the devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

2015/9/14 5:26Profile
dohzman

Re: Our Wayward Minds

I will never forget a good friend and brother in the Lord relating to a few of us a dream he had, this was way back in the mid 90's. He saw the lake of fire and over it a cloud would form and there would appear people in a circle floating above it who were shocked they were there, looking at each other and with one big cry all moisture (as he said it)was evaporated from them and with one big cry they were cast into this place of torment. He than saw them each in a cell bound and not able to move, the cell was nothing but a lake of fire and each person was isolated from any other person, I guess hell will not be the party people think it wil:/ When he woke up he said that all the people were surprised by their appearance above this lake of fire because he understood that they all had been good people in their lives and many had believed they were Christians. The main thrust of this dream seemed to be people who really did not know Jesus or His Word and had no relationship with Him but were religious. Somethings I hear and never forget, that was one of them.

I thought about that as I watched that YouTube you posted.

2015/9/14 12:17Profile

Re:

The Bible says to "test the spirits". Obviously, many are listening to "familiar spirits" and operating out of them, speaking "personal prophecies" to people.

Eph_5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

I would add, "Our Wayward Hearts", too.

2015/9/14 12:22
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Thanks for adding some more testimony to this post. Its important that we show that the truth of our salvation is proved by our works. Both those works of Christ within us and of following the Lord in repentance.
Take the hard road the road that leads to life.

2015/9/14 12:37Profile

Re:

David the hard road is the way of Religion. It is easily recognized by the sound of dragging chains, and the sour faced mean people that spent 100% of their time putting them around you.

Matthew 11:28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

It's a narrow way that few "find", not the hard way.

marcmc

2015/9/14 20:07

Re:

Now, that I can agree with!
:-)

2015/9/14 21:45
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

mat.7.13-14. “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

it was a quote from Jesus. In the Bible it was preceded about not judging others and doing unto others that you would have then do unto you.

I practiced the passive Christian lifestyle of waiting upon the Lord for total transformation for many years but a lot of the emphasis for change is put upon us in the Scriptures.

In Christian circles and churches its hard to find people talking on this subject. Because the church is so far adrift from God and his teaching.

For us to enter into revival and especially personal revival the call is upon us to humble ourelves, that is to abase ourelves through obedience, deny ourelves and take up our cross and follow Christ.

2015/9/15 1:33Profile
Theophila

Re:

Amen, brother.

The Scriptures do say the Way is hard.

Hard on the flesh, that is. Its so much easier to use the Scriptures to say we don't need to do anything after we come to the Lord. The books of Hebrews, James and the epistles of John were written essentially to debunk such dangerous ideas and save the believers from deception.

Perhaps we differ on how we define 'hard' or even 'works' but true believers agree the way of discipleship is so not easy.

The testimony of Scriptures and the experience of throngs of godly believers agree with that.

2015/9/15 10:40Profile

Re:

Theophilia,

The Christian life is impossible. That's right it is totally impossible.

Then a moment comes usually at the point of total defeat and desperation where you discover that you were never suppose to do anything except hand Him your life and take His. Hudson Taylor IMO named it best as "the exchanged life".

It's hard when your still trying to keep your life, improve your life or God forgive try to impress God by your life. The Father is impressed by His Son and His Son alone.

I live a joyful effortless Holy life that I would allow to be played on every TV in the world during prime time and it is the result of a victory that was achieved for me 2000 years ago by the King of Kings. That is what gives Jesus all the glory.

marcmc

2015/9/15 11:06

Re:

I must add to that last post that there is a vital key. I was going to get there on the Ungodly thread but it brick walled.

I hope a thread opens to allow it and I only mention it here because without it everything else fails and for my own conscience my last post is negligent without acknowledging it here as an additional key that everything hangs on.

The early church had it and the end time remnant will have it as well. It is not some secret knowledge, magic 7 point formula or anything like that. What it is is the total God exalter and flesh destroyer.

marcmc

2015/9/15 11:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy