SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : covenants

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
janneju

covenants

I am studying the all the covenants in the bible, can anyone please refer me to any audio sermons on this subject. I have a couple of David Wilkinsons.

2005/5/6 23:33Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: covenants

Here is one of mine on Noah and covenant which might interest you. Noah It tries to show that the essence of covenant is relationship.

I would be interested in seeing your list of covenants.

2005/5/7 2:15Profile
janneju

I am interested in looking at yours. I want to do a study on these covenants in order to gain more understanding. I am only beginning an indepth study but briefly the ones I have outlined are:-
Abraham
Sinaitic
Davidic
..then the New covenant (where God places the laws in our hearts and minds.)

David mentioned in one of his messages regarding the o.t.covenants that it is one of the keys to understanding scripture. I am looking forward to this study.

2005/5/7 3:15Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I also did a series here on Abraham some little time ago and if you find the meditations that deal with Genesis 15-17 you will find quite a bit of raw (some might say very raw) materials for your thinking processes.

Here is a verse in Young's Literal Translation that should provoke some thought.

Quote:
“And because of this, of a new covenant he is mediator, that, death having come, for redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, those called may receive the promise of the age-during inheritance, for where a covenant [is], the death of the covenant-victim to come in is necessary, for a covenant over dead victims [is] stedfast, since it is no force at all when the covenant-victim liveth, whence not even the first apart from blood hath been initiated,” (Heb. 9:15-18, YNG)

Young is drawing out the truth that a covenant does not come into force until the blood is shed.

2005/5/7 4:18Profile

go here for messages on the New Covenant by Wikerson

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5336&forum=25&1

2005/5/7 6:00

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy