SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Total Surrender To Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

It is His call to die daily to self and not just die, but "live unto righteousness,,,"live unto God". 1 Pet. 2:24, Gal 2:19

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2015/9/14 15:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

What a lot of great sincere responses. It appears that total surrender can only happen, when he calls us home.

2015/9/14 19:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Total Surrender To Christ

Quote:
What does this mean to you?

There is an excellent article from A.W. Tozer on this very topic in the current edition of Herald of His Coming, you can read it at the following link;

http://www.heraldofhiscoming.com/Past%20Issues/2015/September/total_commitment_to_christ.htm

In Christ,

2015/9/14 22:28Profile

Re: It appears that total surrender can only happen, when he calls us home.

This is a dirty lie. You can truly experience Christ's fullness and Life in THIS life or do you not believe God's word to us concerning this?

2015/9/15 6:49
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Ron,

Thank you for posting this article by Tozer. There is so much in this, and it all ties into why we should make a total surrender to the Lord. When we see Him through the revelation of the Holy Spirit, we come to know that He indeed is worthy to have all of our love, all of our lives, all of us, for He has created all things, and through Him all things exist, and all of the fullness of God is in Christ.

2015/9/15 8:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ron, that is an awesome article. I think I found the same article or close to the same, were someone reads it to you in a YouTube video. It may not be the same article, but it's a great listen.
The Pursuit of God: Following Hard After God - A.W. Tozer

Thanks!
Mr. Bill

2015/9/15 10:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
by tuc on 2015/9/15 6:49:34

This is a dirty lie. You can truly experience Christ's fullness and Life in THIS life or do you not believe God's word to us concerning this?

Our experience does not validate God's Word. It is the other way around.

I can't disagree with you, tuc because you agree with the Scriptures.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

2015/9/15 10:13

His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godline

2 Peter 1:3-4, "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

Do not be like one of the 10 spies who gave an evil report of the promised land.

2015/9/15 10:51
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godline

I guess this is getting deeper than I can understand. I do understand regardless of what he's given us,that we have a free will to either surrender or not totally surrender.
If you search this YouTube Video "The Pursuit of God: Following Hard After God - A.W. Tozer" it will explain why most Christians don't totally surrender and become complacent in their walk.

2015/9/15 12:11Profile

Re:

MrBillPro

Yes we can be so illuminated in this life that we can't even see where we are going.

2015/9/15 18:54

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy