SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for People Group: vokkaligas

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pray for People Group: vokkaligas

Vokkaligas (aka Gowdas)
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Vokkaligas (aka Gowdas)
Sep 11, 2015 01:00 am
Today's Devotional

Proverbs 16:3, NET "Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

This work is further explained in Ephesians 2:10: “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” In practical terms it means that my Designer has created a designer life for me. My testimony is that He does this by downloading His plans into me morning by morning. But I must listen to hear His voice. Likewise, the people who make decisions in India need to hear His voice, not the voice of another.

Pray that His harvesters will experience the joy of seeing His plans established in the hearts of Karnataka’s unreached people groups. Pray for obedient servants to commit all they do to the Master.—RR

Today's People Group

About 20 per cent of the land area in Karnataka is forest and supports about one quarter of India’s elephant population as well as 10 per cent of its tiger population. Many regions of Karnataka’s forests are still unexplored, so from time to time, various new species of flora and fauna are discovered.
The Vokkaligas are primarily an agricultural community, very familiar with the outdoors of Karnataka, their home state. Their name means “agriculturist,” and the surname Gowda is a term of honor, used as well by other people groups in India.
The Vokkaligas and the Lingayats for whom we prayed yesterday are the two most represented people groups in Karnataka state politics. They are the largest landholding and most politically conscious and powerful communities in Karnataka. Their decisions will affect Karnataka for years to come.

There have recently been very serious disagreements over infrastructure projects in Bangalore, so pray for God’s direction for those making decisions. Pray that the Vokkaliga community will see their need for spiritual birth and new life in Christ. Pray that their passion for the outdoors and agriculture will bring them to worship their Creator. Pray that they will begin to see the world around them as God’s creation and call on Him.

2015/9/11 18:40

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy