SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Finding Fellowship by Reading the Bible in Public

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Koinonia2

USA

Finding Fellowship by Reading the Bible in Public

Hello brothers and sisters. You may remember in my previous thread ("Learning to Live Christ Outside of Organized/Institutional Churches") that I am desirous to seek fellowship with other believers with absolutely no sectarian purpose or agenda whatsoever.

Last night, my wife and I were talking, and we had an idea to try to go to a local Panera Bread (bakery/coffee shop type restaurant) at the same time every week and openly read the Bible--to see if the Lord would lead anyone to approach us. My father used to attend a weekly men's Bible study composed of men who met in various denominations. He found this group one morning when he and my mother were getting breakfast at a bagel shop. They were all eating breakfast together and reading the Bible.

Does anyone else have any experience with something like this?

2015/9/5 10:46Profile

Re: Finding Fellowship by Reading the Bible in Public

You will meet a lot more people if you witness on the street or street preach. I have seen people at restaurants reading the Bible and never thought they were doing it to attract anyone so I left them alone.

2015/9/5 11:01
dolfan

Alabama

Try it. Be very patient with God as you do. Take pleasure in the doing of it even if absolutely nobody responds.

2015/9/5 11:30Profile
crusader

Australia:

Hi Daniel

My pastor was a very Godly spiritual man (still is but I live in a different state to him now) he use to do all of his study at a cafe in the middle of a supermarket. it was amazing the things that would happen to him everyday whilst he was there studying. many people would see him with the bible and approach him with different questions especially backsliders. Our church filled with people from who he met at the cafe everyday even the staff would sit down in their break and talk to him. he never preached words to anyone only answered questions and greeted everybody with love. on a few occasions he was abused by people who walked by just because they saw the bible but this opened the opportunity for him to build a relationship with them. The key to this was just allowing the holy spirit to be in control and he would guide people into his path. many people want to talk about issues in their life and the people of the world are accustomed to doing this over coffee and its a one on one moment.

I strongly encourage you Daniel to do this if it is on your heart and allow the holy spirit to do his work and not yourself. God bless

2015/9/5 18:26Profile

Re:

I just want to clarify that if you know the Lord is leading you to do this because He will bring people to you, then be steadfast. Crusader's post should be encouraging to you.

2015/9/5 18:38
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

Amen. Thank you, saints.

2015/9/7 12:24Profile
Theophila

I haven't experienced what you described but I do remember the joy I felt when one day in an eatery, I saw a mother and her 3 or 4 children bow their heads to bless their food! If I recall correctly, they were Asian.

I was so excited I had to go over and say, 'hello' and told them why I had come over.

I definitely know if I saw a person reading the bible in a public place, I would go over and strike up a conversation with them, just out of sheer happiness.

So brother, go for it, you never know whom the Lord may bring your way.

If you are so inclined, please share your experiences with us.

May the Lord bless and keep you. Amen.

2015/9/8 22:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy