SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GODLY / UNGODLY,....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Yep!

Not only did Jesus Christ have to ransom man back from Satan, but all the kingdoms of this world which were under the domain of Adam were delivered to Satan when Adam sinned. Satan became the new father of everyone that was born, henceforth. He had all the rights and control over men.

Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: FOR THAT IS DELIVERED UNTO ME (Adam delivered them to Satan through his sin); and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Man only becomes a child of God when they are born-again. Religion says that all men are children of God but the Scriptures disagree with that.

Gal_3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

2015/9/13 16:53

Re:

P

2015/9/13 17:07

Re:

I don't like Kenneth Copeland's teachings. I doubt if you even know what I am talking about.

Let me ask you something. You say there is a 3rd alternative.

We know God only ever speaks of Himself and Satan.

Blessing and Curse
Deut 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;

Good and Evil, Life and Death
Deut 30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Godliness and ungodliness...

Holy and profane...

Of all these options which are in two's what is your 3rd alternative?

You are implying that Adam can stand alone and apart from any relationship with God or Satan, good and evil and blessings and curses, life and death, all of which come from either partaking of the Tree of Life or the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (again, God or Satan).

We are either branches getting our spiritual sustenance from the True Vine or branches in the corrupt Tree that brings forth evil fruit. (Matt 7:17).

Do you see all the "pairings". Two alternatives, only.

Tell us about your 3rd alternative and can we have more than just your words? Scriptures?

2015/9/13 20:46

Re:

P

2015/9/14 8:53

Re:

Jesus did not repudiate Satan, did He Marc?

He just said "Get thee behind me Satan".

The picture that I see portrayed in scripture seems to be that the deceiver, that serpent of old, is still actively deceiving the nations, and will do so until the 7th trumpet sounds, "THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME THE KINGDOM OF OUR LORD AND OF HIS CHRIST and He shall reign for ever and ever."

Rev_11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME THE KINGDOM OF OUR LORD AND OF HIS CHRIST; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Allow me to ask you some questions, now:

1) When Satan had a conversation with God in the book of Job chapter 1, was he telling the truth of where he had been?

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. (Job 2:2, also).

2) Why would God even converse with Satan if God cannot make him answer truthfully to Him
?
Job_2:4,6 And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

3) Was the "Great Deceiver" telling the truth to God about Job's protection?
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

Seems the "father of lies" was telling the truth and God acknowledged it by saying he would in essence remove the hedge from Job's and his family.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

4) Was Satan telling the truth to Jesus that he desired to "sift Peter like wheat"?

2015/9/14 9:42

Re:

so is that a yes or no in that specific instance?

marc mc

2015/9/14 9:52

Re:

What is not clear about Rev 11:15?

Why don't you start a new thread as this one has been derailed. I would like to get back on the original OP about godly and ungodly and I am sure Elizabeth would, too.

2015/9/14 9:56
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

Satan doesn't always lie. He will tell the truth if it suits him.

2015/9/15 20:14Profile

Re:

Of course, he always mixes truth with his lies. He did it in the garden and he did it when he tempted Jesus in the wilderness.

That is how he gets people to accept his lies, by mixing in just enough truth to make his lies palatable. That is why he is called The Deceiver.

2015/9/15 23:42
Elibeth

Re:

Yes,
I would love to continue.
There seems to be so much to study about this.
Who,is The Word speaking to,..to be GODLY ,..to be UNGODLY ?

One who have never come to The Lord had their sins forgiven,..? Or can we become UNGODLY,even after we have come to know The Lord ?,...or to both / either ?

The sinner,before he has come to The Lord is naturally UNGODLY.

But, now looking at this Scripture: (after we come into 'the knowledge of the Truth'.....can we become foolish,..and UNGODLY ?

Rom.1:18
" For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all UNGODLINESS
of men,who hold the Truth in unrighteousness,(9),because that which may be known of God is manifest in them,for God hath shown it unto them.For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,being understood by the things they are made,even the eternal power
and Godhead,so that they are without excuse; (21) Because when they knew God,they glorified Him not as God,neither were thankful,but became vain in their imaginations,and their foolish heart was darkened.

We seek God,to see His face,....to see through His eyes.,...His judgements
in all matters.

Soooo, we look to you,O' Lord in this study,....your Word's,we know are for our good,...Your love for us.

Thank you,for your great love O Lord.
elizabeth

2015/9/16 19:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy