Discussion Forum : General Topics : Right Perspective in posts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Right Perspective in posts

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say that i come to sermon index to reason out my understanding of issues and scripture with fellow brothers and sisters. I am not here to be right or prove anyone wrong and in most cases i go away and think about what people say and test it against what i have said.

Attacking a person personally for bringing up a subject that he or she needs to reason through does not help us to grow in understanding and it opens the gates for the enemy to attack us emotionally.

at first i was pretty solid on my posts when it came to Vaccines but because of some other replies on the post i am diving for a deeper answer in the subject now.

We do need to expose principles that are not Gods as it exposes the great deceiver. this is what we fight against but we also need to remember to love the person as they are in the area we where until Christ saved us. Mentioning names makes it too personal for some people that are on this site and it is not where the battle is and i believe from what i have seen muddles the true issue.

If we are brothers and sisters in Christ then we need to reason through issues together and allowing the holy spirit to correct and guide. We are all accountable before our heavenly father for our interactions and intents of our heart and i can say without hesitation that everyone that is on this site can't wait for the day that we stand in our heavenly fathers presence and the sins and pains of this world no longer exist.

I encourage people to fight the good fight for Christ, as it is a testimony for the lord of his righteousness and mercy.

Peace in name Jesus Christ

2015/8/27 0:32Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re: Right Perspective in posts

The main war that we as Christians have is the internal war between our flesh and spirit. Our flesh desires everything that opposes God and the only reason we are not all psychopaths is because of the measure of Grace that God gives us all individually. This is because of our inherited nature from Adam.

As part of our transition to become more “Christ like” we must wrestle our beliefs and thoughts submitting them to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and give him authority on the throne of our hearts.

If anybody has been a wrestler they can tell you that it is hard work and it uses every muscle in your body as well as your thoughts to keep composure during a bout. This is the same when we study scripture and interact with the gospel, our mind struggles as we allow the light to penetrate the darkness of our thinking.

This is also could “reasoning” the victory comes when Gods principles win and our inherited principles are demolished. Our Lord Jesus Christ had sweat that was so thick it was like blood, this was because he had the greatest wrestling match ever and would not allow Satan any ground in his thoughts.

When God calls us to “renew our mind” it means to renovate, smash down strongholds. So basically we are smashing down thoughts that have been established in our minds.

Satan tries to draw us away from this warfare and bring us into the fleshly realm where he works on emotions. He does this by making the argument personal, plucking at holes in our spiritual Armour. We don’t see him doing this as his power lays in his deception. The Holy Spirit is the answer and reveals the trap he has set for us.

We must test every spirit to see where Satan and the Holy Spirit is working but making sure our eyes are on the right battle. It’s not about who is right or wrong when discussing issues it’s about what God has shown us as individuals.

To me it is like this, there is an empty glass on a table and God gives each of us a portion of water and we are all asked to put that water in the glass which will leave a full glass in the end. If we stop people from putting their portion of water in the Glass then we will not have the completed outcome. we may not think some people have the water but it is God who decides who has what.

On the Vaccine debate there was some information that I hadn’t heard before and I am now wrestling the issue in my own mind until God has the victory which ever that may be. I also took offense to the way someone was spoken to in a post that I am also wrestling with in the hope that I will submit more areas of my life to the Lord.

I am writing in this manner because we are brothers and sisters in Christ, persecution is coming and you may have the water portion that i need to strengthen my spirit and fight the good fight.

2015/8/27 6:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thank you for your humility in posting this brother and some excellent thoughts for all of us to consider.

2015/8/27 6:41Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Karl,
This is a well said and timely admonition!
Thank you for sharing this. It's a reminder that while it is true that we all must have a personal relationship with the Lord,... it is not a private one in that our personal relationship only finds context within the body of Christ. Tho some parts are small, they contribute greatly to the overall health of the body and if they suffer the body as a whole suffers. So while we keep our vessels let us also all the more look to the health of our neighbor and show the same mercy and love we've been shown by our Lord.

2015/8/27 10:04Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Karl,

Thank you for sharing and a big Amen from me I agree with what you have shared.

I just want to say that I am thankful for this site and EVERYONE who takes part and shares their heart here. Even if I am in disagreement it's not my place to judge, condemn, ridicule, or mock a persons understanding and perspective on a matter.

I do mention SI and everyone here in my prayers daily. If I have offended anyone with my comments please forgive me it is never my intent.

So thanks again brother for sharing.

In Christ,

2015/8/27 14:29Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

thank you for your encouragement and words. Today i went to a men's fellowship breakfast and it was like being in the sermon index forum but in person. Many views that were raised is much the same as on this site.

I am thankful for this site as my sword was sharper because of the vast conversations on this site. some of the conversations started to get sticky at the breakfast so I changed the conversation. at the end of the breakfast i realized just how important it is to watch what we say carefully not to cause offense whether we are right or wrong because once this happens the learning stops and the relationship can be broken. I am grateful that each of us learn from what the holy spirit had to share and that Satan was blocked from making us fight each other in the flesh. it was a great skill learned.

2015/8/28 5:54Profile
brothagary

Re:

I'm in Queensland where are you bro

2015/8/28 7:47Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi

I lived in Queensland for many years but currently reside in South Australia. my email is open for any discussions from anyone. :)

2015/8/28 7:50Profile
brothagary

Re:

You on Facebook brother

2015/8/28 9:10Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Love covers a multitude of sins.

Submission kills a multitude of conflicts.

2015/8/28 9:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy