SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : #1 - This Is Exactly How i Feel SI! ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

#1 - This Is Exactly How i Feel SI! ...

The following is a letter from Andrew Strom's mailing list ... It's like this brother read my spirit, heart and soul ...

LETTER - Dateline: 2 May 2005.

Colin Wilson of 'Highland Christian News' writes:

Dear Christian believer,

For a considerable time now [b]you have been strangely unsettled in your spirit. This has perplexed you [/b] - as you have just been getting on with your Christian walk and participating in the general life of
the church. But [b]you have been disturbed in your self.[/b] You have re-read the pages of the Bible relating to the dynamic works of the apostles and the early disciples; and then compared these with what you have been experiencing in your own life and fellowship setting. And [b]you have perceived a huge "mis-match"; a yawning gap between where (spiritually-speaking) things are now, and where the early followers of Christ were in their day.[/b] (Note: I am not suggesting that Pentecost is to be repeated; but rather continued.. Eph 5:18.)

In different times and circumstances [b]you may have felt that it was time to "move on to a new situation" in your journey with Christ, but in a strange way you have not felt any clear direction regarding which way to go. You have not felt called to "re-locate"; indeed you may have been feeling and continuing to feel that you need strive to indentify more closely with your immediate neighbours and that section of society (neighbourhood/ workplace, etc.) in your immediate orbit.[/b]

In a strange way, [b]any striving that you have done to draw closer to Christ, and to be more committed to His calling and God's word, has increased rather than reduced the dis-satisfaction and unrest that you have been feeling.[/b] And [b]you have felt lonely even when surrounded by other Christians who do not seem to be disturbed in spirit in the way that you are.[/b] Most other Christians in fact seem to be just happily getting on with their lives. And [b]this adds to your perplexity. "Is it just me? Why am I feeling this way? There must be something wrong with me; as most others seem to be getting along OK."[/b]

[b]You have been concerned that you might be getting cynical and critical over what you see as the increasing worldliness in the church. [/b] And [b] you long for fellowship with others whom you feel might understand - in some measure at least - "where you are". [/b] But as [b]you cautiously yet honestly open up to others whom you sense may be walking the same path, you find that they too in their heart of hearts have been going through exactly the same inner spiritual processes and turmoil as yourself. If you have been sensing or experiencing any of these things take heart dear child of God. I believe that what you have been going through is a God-given unsettledness, a Holy dissatisfaction with "what is"; and what He has been creating in you is to prepare you for the days to come.[/b]

[u][b][color=FF0000]
I believe a great crisis lies ahead - for society, its peoples and the religious system which many would call "the church";[/color][/b][/u] and God needs those who have been weaned away from dependancy on
the structures, programmes and other facets of organised churchianity. He is looking for those who hunger and thirst after righteousness; and long to be filled with the life-giving Spirit of God.

[b]The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is searching for those who are - and will seek to be - Kingdom-builders (as opposed to empire-builders). [/b] He is desiring and preparing[b]those who will seek to know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified; those who will find no satisfaction in the trinkets of this world and who will spurn the carnal methods, the fixation with "success" and the worldly measurements of "spirituality" and "commitment" that have invaded the church.[/b] But, if you have not done so already, please consider some questions. [b]Are you a believer who is prepared to "abandon all" in the cause of Christ and His Great Commission to reach the lost? Have you considered the cost, and are you prepared to pay that price in the context of the measure of grace that has been shown to you?[/b] Indeed, in your spirit, [b]you realise that nothing short of total submission will slake your thirst for God[/b] and satisfy the desires of your heart. [b]The way ahead could involve great sacrifice;[/b] and you may face [b]rejection and[/b] much [b]criticism[/b] - even from those around
you and close to you in the "church", but it is this type of sacrifice in which the Lord delights (Matt 5:11&12).
[u][b][color=FF0000]And indeed the cost of turning away from His calling upon your life will be even greater. [/color][/b][/u][b]Take heart dear follower[/b] of "the Way",[b] you are not alone.[/b] Many others are being spoken to in exactly the same way as God is
speaking to you. [b]If it is not apparent to you yet, time will reveal those who will stand with you. Meanwhile equip yourself with[/b] (a knowledge of) [b]His Word and abandon yourself to[/b] (the leading of) [b]His Spirit,[/b] that He might use you to the extent [b]that He would, [/b] as the God of all ages [b]work out His purposes in our fallen and needy world;[/b] both now and forever.

Your God and my God has clearly stated through His Son Jesus Christ: [u][b][color=FF0000]"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, because they shall be filled. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven".[/color][/b][/u]

Your brother, Colin Wilson.

In Jesus:
2. The State of the Church By Colin Wilson
http://www.injesus.com/Groups/ViewMessage.cfm?MessageId=2A0088BK&UCD=x5r[b]you

2005/5/5 13:41Profile

Re: #1 - This Is Exactly How i Feel SI! ...

Quote:
The way ahead could involve great sacrifice; and you may face rejection and much criticism - even from those around you and close to you in the "church", but it is this type of sacrifice in which the Lord delights (Matt 5:11&12).

And this is the very thing i've been going through!!!
Thanks for posting this it's really encouraging.

2005/5/5 14:09

Quote:

"God needs those who have been weaned away from dependancy on the structures, programmes and other facets of organised churchianity. He is looking for those who hunger and thirst after righteousness; and long to be filled with the life-giving Spirit of God."

This is what underpinned the formation of the Religious Society of Friends (RSF) and their unprogrammed form of worship. The they did away with creed, prepared sermons, offering collection, baptism by water and all other convention and decided to simply prayerfully Wait Upon the Lord and to offer spoken ministry only when the individual was moved by the Holy Spirit to do so. They also adopted "plain" living and rejected all adornments.

For those interested here is a web site that has a considerable amount of information on the RSF.

http://www.quaker.org/

Bub

2005/5/5 15:02

Quote:
you may have felt that it was time to "move on to a new situation" in your journey with Christ, but in a strange way you have not felt any clear direction regarding which way to go. You have not felt called to "re-locate"; indeed you may have been feeling and continuing to feel that you need strive to indentify more closely with your immediate neighbours and that section of society (neighbourhood/ workplace, etc.) in your immediate orbit.

Yep thats me.

I tell people that God told me to leave the church that I was attending, and after 2 years, I haven't heard one iota of where to go next or what to do next. But when I am out and about He orders my steps and I minister to this one and that one, and then someone ministers to me. Or He says give this to this one and to that one, but tells me nothing to give to churches or charities.

I have seen more people who don't attend church then those who do, and those who do go, their heart is not there.

I met a minister and I thought she was going to rebuke me, but she told me the same thing that she was going thru, I felt no condemnation from her. I praised God for that.

She said that the LORD was renovating her life, tearing down teachings that crept into pentecost that is not God and I told her that God was just overhauling the whole thing in my life as well. It was an encouraging few minutes talking to her.

So I don't know what's going on, but thanks Rahman for sharing that, it was very good.

God Bless you and Colin

Karl

2005/5/5 15:23
Spitfire

Quote:
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is searching for those who are - and will seek to be - Kingdom-builders (as opposed to empire-builders). He is desiring and preparingthose who will seek to know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified; those who will find no satisfaction in the trinkets of this world and who will spurn the carnal methods, the fixation with "success" and the worldly measurements of "spirituality" and "commitment" that have invaded the church. But, if you have not done so already, please consider some questions. Are you a believer who is prepared to "abandon all" in the cause of Christ and His Great Commission to reach the lost? Have you considered the cost, and are you prepared to pay that price in the context of the measure of grace that has been shown to you?

Bro. Rahman. I logged on here today with a topic so heavy on my heart. I had intended to open a new thread. I've listened to a message by Art Katz about three times now called, Selling All Your Posessions. It is, of course, about total abandonment and it has me on my ear!

For those whom this thread is really identifying with, go listen to this message and tell me what you think. http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=5804
I am just undone. Is it possible that we are being called to this kind of radical Christianity? We are going to be called nuts, for sure.
Quote:
and you may face rejection and much criticism - even from those around

Oh, Dear God! What are you saying?!

2005/5/5 16:09Profile

Re:

Somebody's reading my mail. :) Thanks Rahmy, for posting that. It blessed me sir.

2005/5/5 20:53
geddingsm

south carolina

Hey, I must have talked to that guy before but I sure don't remember.
It sure is great to read something like that just to let you know that you're not alone when the devil tries to discourage you.

2005/5/5 21:03Profile
Rahman

Praise God that this has been a blessing to you ...

#2 - This Is Exactly How i Feel SI! ...
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5526&forum=35

Br. R

2005/5/6 14:48Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re: This is Exactly How I feel

Hellooooo...I'm not alone! Where have you guys been! I am so thankful to the Lord that I found this website!! The Lord has been speaking these things into my heart for the past year. He is awakening His remnant bride! About a year ago the Lord spoke to my heart. He said that we are about to enter a season of suffering, but we are hid Christ! I believe we are going to go through difficult times in the near future, but His grace is sufficient.

I know what the Lord is doing and I am so excited! He is revealing His heart to me and drawing me closer, but at the same time I see the church growing colder. Such foolishness, such self seaking...the hour is late!! Wake up! My heart is greived for the church, but God will always have His remnant!

2005/5/7 1:02Profile
Rahman

Additional excerpts from Os Guinness's book: Prophetic Untimeliness

How The Salt Has Lost It’s Savor …
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5563&forum=35

This is my final excerpt installment from [b]Os Guinness’s [/b] book, [b]“Prophetic Untimliness”: [/b]

Lord ... in Today's Church System of round holes, why do i feel like a square peg? …
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5578&forum=35

:beard: ... Enjoy!

2005/5/10 14:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy