SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Once saved always saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ruddi

Once saved always saved

Guys is it true that Carter Conlon is a once saved always saved pastor?

2015/8/17 15:58Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re: Once saved always saved

You read that online.

I am unaware of Conlon believing in eternal security no matter how one lives. If he does, he disguises it better than anyone I ever saw.

2015/8/17 18:39Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

I do not think that he is.

What have you heard that makes you think that?

Quote:
dolfan wrote:
If he does, he disguises it better than anyone I ever saw.

Amen brother!!!

2015/8/17 19:17Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Brother Keith Daniels believes it.....
He says; "I believe once saved, always saved.... IF you stay saved" ;)

2015/8/17 22:34Profile

Re:

I lost my car keys once but never misplaced Christ, who is my salvation.

2015/8/17 23:50
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

I don't think he is OSAS. He probably is somewhere along the lines of David Wilkerson. With Wilkersons book "The New Covenant Unvieled" a lot of people thought he became Calvinist. If Conlon has similar beliefs I wouldn't be surprised if some say he is OSAS

2015/8/18 20:29Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is left after the flesh dies? The soul and spirit that is married to Christ being born again of the incorruptible living Word, which is the Spirit of Christ in you the hope of glory.

Before The living Word Himself by His Faith and the Holy Spirit I was given a simple act of faith to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, I was headed for hell and damnation because I could not separate my soul from the spirit of Satan. Only the Spirit of Christ could by use of the double edged sword used by the Holy Spirit, divide my soul and spirit and separate my being and give birth to The Spirit of Christ in me, making my soul and spirit now the power and life of Christ eternal in me. Only God Himself could take this body, soul and spirit of death, of which I had no power over and give me The Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus of which I also have no power over.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Which is Christ in you; Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

If I had no power to separate myself from the spirit of Satan, how is that I have the power to separate myself from the love of God and loose my salvation?

It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.

Galatians 2:17-21 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

This Christ that lives in me is my only salvation and none can separate it from me. WE are all found sinners, for the flesh wars against the Spirit until the Flesh is dead.
Again; ((((What is left after the flesh dies?))))

1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

"Incorruptible Seed" John 1:1-12 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:

Is this what Conlon believes?

I hope this does not lock this thread.

In Christ: Phillip

2015/8/19 14:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Christinyou on 2015/8/19 14:40:30

If I had no power to separate myself from the spirit of Satan, how is that I have the power to separate myself from the love of God and loose my salvation?

You chose to turn away from sin, Satan and the flesh towards Christ.

No one loses Christ or misplaces Him. They choose to turn to Him each day and live by His Spirit or they choose to turn away from Him.

God has given us Free Choice and we utilize our will, every day.

2015/8/19 14:47
yuehan

Re:

Hi Julius21,

What is your understanding of the following verses?

1 Peter 1:3 - "...who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time..."

Jude 1:24 - "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy..." (which is an interesting contrast to Jude 1:21 - "Keep yourselves in the love of God")

And do you agree with this Spurgeon quote? - "It is not your hold of Christ that saves you; it is His hold of you."

2015/8/19 16:30Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Hi brother Yeuhan,
Forgive me if this is an intrusion as it is not intended to be so, tho I would like to offer a perspective to these scriptures...
1 Peter 1:5 -- notice while it is by the power of God it is also through faith/obedience (ours)
Jude 1:24 -- here it says "He is able",... not He will- again conditional to faith/obedience
As to Spurgeon's quote,..for me it's a yes and no- yes it's by His hold but He doesn't force us to stay, we choose to or not.
Acts 5 is an example of two whom chose to stray and the consequence was dreadful.

2015/8/19 18:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy