SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I find it interesting that in a list of serious sins which all contain the core of rebellion that the Holy Spirit would include "Disobediant
to parents". Which on the surface might appear to be a comparably minor act but one which was one of the Ten Commandments and is today as prevalent and obvious as the others.

So forgoing all the other signs of the times that in one form or another have been here since the beginning and the obvious players in the end scenarios the Bible describes. There has never been a time that remotely compares to the strange inclusion of the Holy Spirits mention of Disobediant to parents. It's universal, defiant, increasing and warned against.

2 Timothy 1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Marc mc

2015/8/5 11:16

Re: Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

I am not endorsing the Cahn book but I have read it. He certainly is not predicting "the end of the world" far from it.

Y2K was triggered by a calendar date change. The 7 year cycle Cahn mentions is all over the bible. The Jews had the opportunity to walk in it and be blessed or rebel against it and be cursed. They more often than not chose rebellion and we have the Biblical record of the results.

Cahn does lay out a financial timeline in his book that is hard to refute. If he is right and many feel he is then we will know soon enough, not because the world will end but by the condition the U.S. economy is in later this year.

Marc mc

2015/8/5 12:08
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Marc mc, we will see soon enough if Cahn is onto something or not. While we're watching and praying anyway, there's no harm in noticing his warning and keeping our eyes on Jesus our author and finisher to see if Cahn's trajectory meets Jesus' work. I'm not a Cahn basher or a Cahn believer. My prayer is that he speaks what God has said to him because in pure compassion I do not want him to have been a false teacher, even if unintentionally. We'll see.

What is the Holy Spirit doing in His people? That seems to me to be the important question. Cahn is not alone in being one of many warning voices. I desperately want the redemption of my body to Jesus, and all of yours too!

Is it valid for us to respond to these concerns with "Christians have been expecting the time of the end for 2,000 years and it hasn't happened yet, so there's no reason to think we are near the threshold now anymore than then?" I'm not being critical of the statement and I've said it too. But, I'm beginning to second guess myself. From a logical standpoint, I'm not sure it makes sense to say that.

For one, it hoists a burden of proof onto those who seek God with their whole lives, hear from God, and come away from that hearing with an inner knowledge of the approaching of the day as in Heb. 10:25. Now, people of God should not fear proof or sneer at the request for it. Yet, when the "reason" for the knowledge is the inner, subjective witness of the Holy Spirit and a reading of the times, it is almost as if we say, "That's not enough proof. This is fearmongering. We've heard it before. Stop."

On the other hand, if we are going to speak truth and faithfully deliver what the Spirit is saying in truth to us, He is not afraid to give reasons and they are found in His Word. He will not ignore or disagree with His own Word. It certainly appears to me that 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is burgeoning before our eyes. They are last days conditions.

It also seems that the more circumstances exist than ever regarding the biblical descriptions of the time of the end. I'm not the authority by any means. And, if you go down this road, next thing you know you're being made to feel like the Fox Mulder of eschatology -- weird, conspiratorial, gullible, insistent.

But, Israel's situation alone is unique and compelling enough to inform me (and I knowingly bear the risk of being wrong) that we are very near the Day. Technologically, too, things exist now that actually sound like they came out of the apocalyptic writing of Revelation.

So, if we're going to say, "well, they thought this 2,000 years ago", we should also be willing to hear, "the fullness of the time of the Gentiles wasn't, the regathering of Israel wasn't, the smallness of a really big world wasn't (and by that I mean that although we are billions in number, technology has placed us together as instantly and simultaneously subject to its reach), the power of Islam -- politically and psychologically -- around the entire globe wasn't ...." and other things as well. There are many things unique to our time that our forefathers, as much as they knew God, did not know about. And, He saw fit not to reveal it to them. We have more reason to believe that now the Day is near, more reason than mere passage of time.

2015/8/5 12:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

In regard to the passage about children disobeying their parents- where does that refer to? Do we really think the good ol USA?

Maybe kids obey their parents like crazy in Israel or Japan, or Iran. We know that a lot of kids are disobedient here is the U.S. but that is only relevant if the passage is referring to the U.S.

Maybe it's referring to kids in the Church? I don't know.

2015/8/5 14:14Profile

Re:

The developed nations are going through this rebellion from children. I doubt that third world nations with strict family structures will ever see the same level of defiance. It also appears that the lusts for other things mentioned in the passage in Timothy is the primary cause for this rebellion as it indicates a break down in family structures as selfish adults seek their own gratification.

The point of course is a survey of history reveals that rebellion from children is a modern widespread occurrence and the Holy Spirit said it would accompany the end times.

marc mc

2015/8/5 16:26
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

We could view this disobedience to parents as part of the same Satanic strategy strategy as homosexuality. Where homosexuality mars the image of God in the face of humanity, obscuring the clarity of who God is to the hearts and minds of men, disobedience to parents also mars that image. Parenthood is a reflection of the nature and personality of God to a child. Rampant disobedience within families on a social scale is an extensive and far-reaching rebellion against God's nature.

Bear in mind that the husband is the head of the wife, that Christ is the head of the man, and that the head of Christ is God. I child's rejection of his parents equals rejection of not merely God's order of the family, but God himself.

I think perhaps it makes sense to view the list in 2 Timothy 3 as cumulative. What I mean is if you look at the first entry in that list it is bracketed first with men being lovers of self and lastly lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God/loving to appear godly without his power. Weigh all of the rest of those against that backdrop. See how each of those compounds up on the idea of being lovers of self and how they climax as pleasure and masquerade. Masquerade of who? God. It reads as if the spiraling occurrence of these things together is significant of the times.

2015/8/5 16:47Profile

Re:

I completely agree Tim.

I see the list in Timothy as collective in the same way it's the fruit of the Spirit not fruits. It's one cluster.

My original point however is sin ripens in maturity and by reading the list in Timothy, disobediance to parents appears out of step. To the early church it would have been scandalous to think of disobedience from children because it would have been so rare and the consequences to the child would be instant and severe. The Jewish law for this violation was stoning and up until around 10 years ago a belt or a back hand was all that an unruly child required for behaviour modification. (I am not endorsing hitting a child with that comment I am simply saying that's how it was).

It is my conviction based on this passage that far from an insignificant point children disobeying parents is the ripened fruit indicator of the Holy Spirits list in Timothy. The context is "last days". It contains a list of behaviour that fits every single moment in human history, except for one point "children will be disobedant to parents". IMO that is the indicator that the sin of fallen man has ripened and therefore while the last days are 2000 years old we are in the final hours of the last day.

Marc mc

2015/8/6 7:44
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

I appreciate and deeply bear witness with the thoughts regarding the the baptism in the Holy Spirit in this topic. While I know that Christ's eminent return is at hand I do not bear witness with what is being said regarding the end being next month. There are prophetic events that still must take place and we also know that we are children of the day that the day of the Lord should not overtake us as a thief.

Romans 8:21-23 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (22) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. (23) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

As Tim so appropriately shared by the Spirit Romans 8 speaks of the Holy Spirits roll in the Christians life and the end times. The Holy Spirit was poured out 2,000 years ago and the church has slipped far away from this experience and is greatly lacking the power of the Holy Spirit.

Before Jesus returns I know that I know that I know that He is going to pour out His Spirit once again in a way the church has never seen nor known. Joel 2 speaks of this.

The imagery of what Joel is speaking of regarding Israel in relation to the church and the end time is very clear and evident. His words do apply to Israel and at the same time apply to the church as well.

I won't copy the whole chapter but would like to prime the pump if you will.

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion (the church), and sound an alarm in my holy mountain (the church): let all the inhabitants of the land (the church) tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

The day of the Lord is a day of wrath and judgement the clear warning of the trumpet is to Gods people not the world. Judgement is going to begin at the house of the Lord (and already has actually. The same applies to the description of professing Christians in 2 Timothy.

As you read through Joel the church is facing Gods wrath and terrible judgement. By the church I do not mean to include His sheep and His elect but those who are in the church professing to know Him but deny Him by their continued sin, rebellion, and hypocrisy.

But prior and even in the midst of His wrath God is still going to give the opportunity for repentance which I believe will happen through the ministry of the Spirit filled believers in the church.

I am only scratching the surface of this topic and I am not real great trying to line up my thoughts and putting it on paper.

I just want to say the Holy Spirit is the absolute KEY and only hope as we approach the end. So many people in the church want to deny the function and place of the HS in their lives, ministry, and church. I know this by experience. It is so amazing and grieving to see such a denial.

The good news though is God IS going to have His way and as He begins and continues to use those who want, hunger, and thirst for all He desires to give us, He will change hearts, and turn hearts to Himself.

Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion (the church), and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately (the initial outpouring of the Holy Spirit), and he will cause to come down for you the rain (His Spirit and Power), the former rain (the initial outpouring), and the latter rain (the coming outpouring of the Holy Spirit)in the first month.

Joel 2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (29) And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

One last thought when it comes to young people. I believe that God is going to raise up a young generation who are hungering after Him also in the last days. It has been difficult watching such rebellion in young people these last few years but God reminded me of what is coming in the not to distant future.

Our sons and daughters will prophesy, and you cannot do that without the Holy Spirit in you, and you cannot have the Holy Spirit in you unless you are genuinely saved.

2015/8/7 9:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

David-

Just to clarify, the traditional doctrine of the "imminent return of Christ" holds that nothing further needs to happen; that Jesus could return at any moment and all required prophecies have been fulfilled.

The only reason I mention this is because you said you said you knew that Christ's imminent return is at hand but you also feel that further prophecy must be fulfilled first.

But it is entirely possible by imminent you meant "soon" and you were not referencing the doctrine of imminency.

2015/8/7 10:46Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Yes, thanks Todd.

2015/8/7 14:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy