SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is a good biblical response to transgender?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

What is a good biblical response to transgender?

There are news programs coming out more now concerning transgender people. It is showing the struggles of people who are transgender. How should we respond with the gospel to people who are having this type of struggle?

Anyone willing to comment...who is truly sincere concerning the light you have received?

2015/7/28 18:35Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: What is a good biblical response to transgender?

This doesn't bother me at all, brother! And I'm willing to comment on the light the Lord has shown me... I prayed about it a few weeks ago and the Lord said to "minister to the SOUL not the sin."

If one truly love souls then I believe it can be done; instead of trying to clean the fish before you reel it into the boat, so to speak!! :)

God bless,
Lisa

2015/7/28 18:57Profile
yuehan

Re:

Great analogy, Lysa!

rbanks - the gospel is for such people :)

Here is someone's testimony of finding freedom from transgender desires through Jesus Christ: http://www.firststone.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84:cross-dressing-and-christianity-a-real-mans-struggle&catid=55:cross-dressing&Itemid=64

2015/7/28 19:32Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I have a transgender friend.

He lives as a woman.

He recently changed his name.

I openly and directly challenged his thought processes about the issue.

I challenged him to believe Jesus and laid out the gospel to him. He asserted that this who he is. I asserted that God is who He is, I AM, and that it is His likeness that we are to "trans" to and it only occurs through repentance and obeying the gospel.

We had the conversation in honesty and with gloves on, masks off.

He remains in his sin. I remain in prayer.

2015/7/28 20:57Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks to all that have responded!

Do any of you believe that a person can be born with a gender identity that make a person feel like a different sex than what they were raise as?

I mean I saw a program one time where they stated that a child was born with 2 different sex organs. The parents decided to choose one sex over the other and later on the child felt different than the sex that was chosen.

Do you think it is possible for some to be born with mixed up identities that they struggle with or do you think that this is impossible and that every transgender people are led this way because of the devil. Do you also believe that a transgender person must go back to the original gender in order to finally be saved?

This is more complexed that just a simple answer in light of all that is happening in the world today and we must be wise in the spirit of the Lord.

Blessing to all!

2015/7/28 22:29Profile
yuehan

Re:

Concepts like "sexual orientation" or "gender identity" are unbiblical. Building on these ideas can only lead us astray from our true identity, i.e. we are who God says we are.

Intersex people (those with male and female anatomical traits) are different from those who struggle with transgender desires. It is an abnormality like other genetic disorders, as a product of our fallen world... but there is always John 9:2-3.

2015/7/29 0:32Profile
Sree

Re:

Transgender and sexual orientation are two different things. They should not be mixed at all. LGBT community has mixed them historically because LGB and T were all historically not accepted. Hence they were grouped together.

LGB, which is based on sexual orientation is a plain sin. A person should repent of this behavior before they choose Jesus as their Savior. They at least should be willing to fight this orientation of theirs. We are not saying they should completely come out of it before accepting Jesus. But at least hate and believe in their heart that they have sinned against the Lord.

Without explaining what Sin is, how can we minister someone Jesus who came to save the world from Sin (Matthew 1:21)? The entire purpose of Jesus is lost. They only give a picture of Jesus who loves them and their sins as well, which is not true. Such a Gospel is a useless Gospel that will only succeeding in onboarding the fishes in the boat to Hell rather than to serve the Lord as his own people.

Now coming back to Transgender, by definition we have 2 kinds of transgender ( may be more types but I am not aware of). One who are born with 2 sexual organs, who cannot be identified either as Male or Female right from birth. Such people have to be accepted as they are. Jesus himself said that there are people who are born as eunuchs in Matthew 19:11. eunuchs are those who are impotent, so born eunuchs can also include those who have both the sexuality in them and hence are impotent. Jesus himself acknowledged their presence. They can serve the Lord as a 3rd sexuality.

Now the second category is those who are identified as a particular sex based on their organs, but think that they are different. This is often the mental issue. They might have had childhood issues of being raised as an opposite sex. I heard of a case where a boy was raised as a girl by his grandmother. He always believed that he was a girl, but had to behave outwardly as a boy. He even got married to a women, but once he decided to give himself for his mental desire to be a women. He did the sex change operation. Now he became a women. After that he realized that his mind has cheated him, he was originally a male. He accepted Jesus, repented of his sins, but never could became a man like how he was designed by God.

I believe most of these are mental issues or hormonal. Both can be treated medically. I believe God sees this as a SIN. We have to tell them openly. They may not able to correct their life in one attempt, but are they willing to correct? That is what matters.

2015/7/29 1:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
Do you think it is possible for some to be born with mixed up identities that they struggle with or do you think that this is impossible and that every transgender people are led this way because of the devil.

In the article yuehan posted, when the man got stressed with finances and family, he wanted to cross-dress more.

ANY "compulsion" is demonic in nature. Whether it be drinking, drugging, sex, FOOD, or cross-dressing.

The man in the article loved Christ and had a relationship with Him, the man was able to HEAR the voice of His Shepherd and overcome this oppression. This man "*received* the LOVE of the truth!"

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
Do you also believe that a transgender person must go back to the original gender in order to finally be saved?

I don't know, the better question is: what is *God* telling them to do? That's what is important. I daresay that when God calls their name when the end of time comes, HE knows who He is calling and they will stand before Him whole!

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
This is more complexed that just a simple answer in light of all that is happening in the world today and we must be wise in the spirit of the Lord.

Brother, I truly believe that it doesn't have to be that complex if you let God and the Holy Spirit deal with it. To me, the only reason clergy is interested in all this is because they can write yet ANOTHER book of RULES about how to deal with it. (The love of money! We'll probably have 20 on the Christian bookshelves by years end!!)

God bless,
Lisa

2015/7/29 6:53Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks very much Lisa, Tim, Yuehan, and Sree for your generous replies! I agree very much so and appreciate you sharing your understanding!

I wanted to hear some other spirit led brethren's perspective on this issue.

The Lord has already shown me through a vision that many will be deceived in these last days concerning the sin of sexual immorality and homosexuality. There is no doubt in my mind that homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of God. I also know that God loves his creation and desires all to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Again I appreciate your willingness to give your insights concerning the transgender that we will see more of in these last days.

Blessings to all!

2015/7/29 9:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

An anecdote:

At a church I used to attend there was s family we knew fairly well who had 2 daughters. The older daughter was normal. The younger daughter was a female in sex and name only. From when she was a very little child (we saw her grow up) she looked, dressed and talked like a boy. If you did not know her name was a girls name you never would have guessed in a million years she was a girl without a physical exam. When she was very young we chalked it up to tomboyism but as she matured we knew something else was up.

I think the question we have to ask if people who say they feel this way are lying. If they are not lying are they in some way deceived? Or is it possible that there is some genetic issue or biological process involved?

If they are not lying about it, then one of the other factors are in play. Was this little girl we knew being deceived at a very young pre-puberty age? Was something hormonal or genetic going on?

I think the answers to these questions must inform our response.

2015/7/29 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy