SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Professor Stephen Hawking backs new search for aliens

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree that's what evolutionists say but that is not what I would say. I am no evolutionist. If life is elsewhere God put it there for His glory.

I see where you are coming from regarding entertainment. I guess whether watching an oldie like "Earth v the flying Saucers" or Star Trek is opening yourself to demonic influence is a matter of opinion. I personally don't see it, but others might.

2015/7/22 11:56Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi Todd, I think you miss the point I'm making. It is not that watching one episode of a particular film or series will demonise you, but a continual influence on the mind and in particular the un-regenerate mind that makes one believe certain things are true. When I watch a nature program and they continually make reference to evolution over millions of years I am making a judgement in my mind about the foolishness of this and it does not influence me. But to the un-knowledgeable and immature these things go into the mind uncontested and eventually become accepted as facts as the rest. This is the process I am talking about. We cannot deny that this type of process goes on all the time through the medium of film and TV. Why do the majority now accept homosexuality as normal? Because it is the 'zeitgeist' (spirit of the age) and that comes from somewhere!

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind"

2015/7/22 12:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Signs was a pretty creepy movie. But it did have a spiritual side for sure.

To me the idea of interdimensional beings is scarier than aliens from outer space. But if there are interdimensional beings God created them.

I think the vast majority of alien abduction claims can be chalked up to sleep paralysis etc.

2015/7/22 12:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dave-

I get what you are saying. I agree with you.

2015/7/22 12:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

As a Christian, I personally believe there might be life elsewhere,and if Stephen Hawking finds there is, I still believe God created that life. Science wants to find life elsewhere, only to try and get Christians to wonder, or have second thoughts about there being a God. In my world, if there is life somewhere else, God created that life also, maybe I should tell Hawking this, it might save him a lot of time and money. Science is never going to be happy until they prove there is not a God, which they will never prove, but it gets them by thinking this while on earth.

2015/7/22 13:09Profile

Re:

Really?

2015/7/22 13:15
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

TMK wrote:

Quote:
To me the idea of interdimensional beings is scarier than aliens from outer space. But if there are interdimensional beings God created them.

You know -- and guys I hope I don't ruin the thread with these rabbit trails -- a few weeks ago while I was driving I started thinking about how we don't really see ALL the colors because our eyes are not equipped to do it. There are things HERE that we don't see. In a sense.

I thought about that because I'd seen a photo online that simulated a dog's vision (which, honestly, stinks for them -- and I was surprised to learn it) and explained that it was because of the limited numbers/kinds of rods and cones and all that. (Dogs are virtually color blind on top of having some really serious near-sightedness, with which I sympathize!)Colors are bright, bold and present, but the dogs don't see them.

And, so I wondered about that. It entered my mind that maybe the Lord has "cloaked" his messengers in our own lack of equipment to see them, again, in a sense. And, supernaturally, these messengers of God have, at times, taken on properties to bring them within our range of visual perception -- and they are seen.

It's just a thought and maybe a silly one. Certainly not a serious one. :)

2015/7/22 13:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I guess I wonder about the expenditure of resourses involved in the search of life elsewhere. Is it wise?

I grew up reading Dick Tracey - it was fun, whetted ones imagination; Russia's launching of their Spitnik was fun to us children. I did grow up to witness man's landing on the moon and subsequent landings there. Now at the age of 68 I wonder about the wisdom of these explorations...maybe people will always wonder what is out there? Would they pursue it if the financing depended on their own resourses only?

Sandra

2015/7/22 14:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

There are a lot of payoffs to exploration. Man has always explored to the extent he is able and the technology he has. I believe that is a God-placed desire, not a satan-placed desire. Of course whether it is worth the expense is a valid matter of opinion.

What definitely is NOT a good use of taxpayer money is the several million dollar study (that we are paying for) to figure out why the majority of "married" lesbians are fat (true- Google it). I can tell you why without spending one cent: they take in more calories than they burn.

2015/7/22 14:59Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, they would have to exist in a state of perfection, or be damned forever. Jesus Christ died for the sins of this world. He is related to US by blood, not aliens. And He can't die twice. Watch out for deception in this area. Many abduction experiences are almost overtly demonic. Please use discernment.

2015/7/22 20:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy