Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : He is so nice

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

He is so nice

A lot has been written and spoken about the Supreme Courts' ruling concerning homosexuality...

Many of the responses were written from a heart of deep concern for our country's future as well as our children/grandchildren's. People are concerned for a good reason. The LGBT lobby is very aggressive in promoting their agenda...we all know that. Many are very hostile, mean.

I am faced with a different problem concerning this issue. A relative of ours came out in support of this ruling; I just learned a couple days before that he is in a homo relationship. He wrote about it on FaceBook, well written, I might add. I commented on it prefering to stick to NT scriptures but very few reacted.

Anyhow, what is blowing me away is how this fellow is coming on so sweetly on my posts, flattering me! Didn't even know he was even reading them - until now. I posted articles, thoughts that clearly inform the reader where I stand on this issue.

He is so very nice... can't handle that very well. Someone suggested that the reason he is so nice is because I am old. DUH. His family opposes him... SIGH

Anyone heard about this kind of strategy?

Sandra

2015/7/9 9:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: He is so nice

Is it possible he IS nice?

2015/7/9 9:26Profile
jimmyhudson

England

It often seems difficult to show the love of Jesus, without seeming like we are in any way comprimising with the truth of God's word, but I believe we should with the Lord's help strive to do both.

I share the below blog entry with you as I believe that it strikes the balance well.

http://walkinginfreedom.net/loving-who-god-loves-my-experience-at-the-pride-march/

May Lord give you wisdom in this matter.

2015/7/9 17:28Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

A man who flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his feet. Proverbs 29:5

For there is no truth in their mouth; their inmost self is destruction; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue. Psalm 5:9

What is your strategy to win him?

2015/7/10 0:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Some of the nicest people are know are not believers. And they are not nice for some ulterior motive.

2015/7/10 7:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

He is nice! He visited in our home a couple years ago - came with his grandparents (my SIL) when our granddaughter was here and they had a lot of fun.

2015/7/10 8:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have no strategy at the moment other then waiting and treating him like I do all our other relatives but I am stumped.

Jimmy Hudson posted a link and I read it.

The reality is the fellow does need lots of love. He comes from a broken home: his dad a professional counselor that divorced who has since remarried; his mother is a sociopath who has had a series of lovers (as I understand it). His grandparents have a good marriage and they are close to him but they cannot undo the damage that was inflicted upon his heart from birth.

Yes, he does need love but what a greataunt can do from a distance of 400 miles or via FB I do not know. Until the Holy Spirit says to speak/write I will not confront. I am not sure if his 'niceness' is because he is working to win me over to his side (he is an actor as well), or is it because he appreciates me. It would be nice to know but since this is not the case I do not want to run ahead of God and ruin what he wants to do in his life.

It does weigh heavy on my heart because Jesus coming is closer and he obviously is not ready.

Colin, (or, anyone else), what would you suggest?

Sandra

2015/7/10 9:21Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Some of the nicest people i know still reject Jesus. They are very kind, very nice, even go out of their way to be helpful but they want nothing to do with the Lord. What I have learned from this, even nice people go to hell.

Don't get distracted by how nice this person seems, they are lost and need Jesus just as we all do. Keep shining the light of Christ in his life. Do so in love but don't ever compromise on truth because he is a nice person.

rdg

2015/7/10 9:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I misunderstood Sandra's OP. I thought she felt the niceness was a ruse or a strategy.

Of course millions of nice people are lost.

2015/7/10 9:52Profile

Re:

Even very "nice" people are sinners. Christ is the only remedy for all of us.

My guess (and it is just an intuitive type of guess) is that those who deny God (atheists) or fashion a god in their own image (humanists, pseudo-Christians), will not be able to live consistently, morally, and contentedly while attempting to remove the true God completely from their lives, whether by denying Him or creating their own.

God reveals Himself inside of us, in our conscience, and outside in everything, through His general revelation, and all who deny this, will find themselves trying to hold down this truth in unrighteousness, like a spring ... it takes work. The minute you let down your guard, God will be on the rise, whether they like it or not.

Praying for this person is not just an empty spiritual exercise.

2015/7/10 10:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy