SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi from Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
roadsign

Hi from Canada

Recently I had been praying that God would connect me with believers who share a similar vision as I have. And here I am - thanks to Lahry. I look forward to the fellowship.

For most of my life I conformed to the Christian way. I have always been a pleaser, so it wasn't hard to live up to the expectations of my spiritual authorities.
However, I did not really know the Lord, even though I had "asked him into my heart" at 17 yo. I did that because it was expected, and it was a way to belong in my new church. At the time I did not even know myself at all. I only knew what others expected me to be.

During the past ten years the Spirit worked in my heart - through trials, through Scripture, and other means to bring me to Christ - to really know him, and live by the Spirit. I am still trying to learn what it really means to be a follower of Christ - free from all pretense and hypocrisy.

I look forward to a lot of great reading and listening on this site.

2005/5/2 18:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Hi from Canada

[b]Dian[/b]

Quote:
to really know him, and live by the Spirit. I am still trying to learn what it really means to be a follower of Christ - free from all pretense and hypocrisy.

Great to have you on this site. I am encouraged to hear your testimony and what God has and will continue to do in your heart. If you haven't had a chance yet I encourage you to listen to this message to start with: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]. And there are many other great messages featured on the front page.

What part of Canada are you from? I reside in Toronto, Ontario but am in Calfornia at Bible School right now.

2005/5/2 18:49Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I am still trying to learn what it really means to be a follower of Christ - free from all pretense and hypocrisy.

Regarding this one, I think we're learning daily from each other. We welcome you and your testimony.

Blessings,

MC

2005/5/2 22:37Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
What part of Canada are you from?

I live 20 minutes northwest of Walkerton - in Paisley (a village)
And, yes, I read "Ten Shekels" by Reidhead. It sure pricks my conscience. I can relate to the temptation of "following Christ" for ulterior motives - for self - to be accepted by man, to fit in, to look like a good person... etc etc. There is a big difference between following Christ, and following the "Christian" way.
It seems like this forum is the right place for me.

2005/5/3 14:34Profile

Re:

Hi Diane,
Welcome to SermonIndex! May God bless you here and use this place as an oasis on your journey along The narrow way.
In His Love, Geraldine

Have just read some of your articles and testimony and have been very blessed by them. You are such an encouragement! :-)

2005/5/3 15:11

Re: Hi from Canada

welcome. God bless you.

2005/5/3 15:28
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Dian[/b]

Thats great to hear that you are from Canada and getting into the things of God! I am praying for Canada and paticularly the city of toronto that God would pour out His spirit. Do share this site with others you know in Canada if you are blessed by it. Also I would encourage you to listen to the audio sermons as much or more then talking in the forums. Great to have you.

2005/5/3 15:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy