SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Amy Carmichael.. Some good quotes..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
flaglady

Northern New York

Amy Carmichael.. Some good quotes..

Amy Carmichael > Quotes

Amy Carmichael quotes (showing 1-30 of 69)
“Give me the Love that leads the way
The Faith that nothing can dismay
The Hope no disappointments tire
The Passion that'll burn like fire
Let me not sink to be a clod
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God

“It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires which He creates”

“But God is the God of the waves and the billows, and they are still His when they come over us; and again and again we have proved that the overwhelming thing does not overwhelm. Once more by His interposition deliverance came. We were cast down but not forsaken.

“He said "Love...as I have loved you." We cannot love too much

“Blessed are the single-hearted, for they shall enjoy much peace. If you refuse to be hurried and pressed, if you stay your soul on God, nothing can keep you from that clearness of spirit which is life and peace. In that stillness you will know what His will is.”

“There is only one way of victory over the bitterness and rage that comes naturally to us--To will what God wills brings peace

“Strength of my heart, I need not fail,
Not mind to fear but to obey,
With such a Leader, who could quail?
Thou art as Thou wert yesterday.
Strength of my heart, I rest in Thee,
Fulfil Thy purposes through me
-
“We profess to be strangers and pilgrims, seeking after a country of our own, yet we settle down in the most un-stranger-like fashion, exactly as if we were quite at home and meant to stay as long as we could. I don't wonder apostolic miracles have died. Apostolic living certainly h

“Do not fight the thing in detail: turn from it. Look ONLY at your Lord. Sing. Read. Work.”
― Amy Carmichael, Gold by Moonlight

2015/7/1 20:55Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Amy Carmichael.. Some good quotes..

Flaglady, I like this quote:

“But God is the God of the waves and the billows, and they are still His when they come over us; and again and again we have proved that the overwhelming thing does not overwhelm. Once more by His interposition deliverance came. We were cast down but not forsaken."

God bless you!

2015/7/2 9:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy